• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

Ok. The draw is on Thursday, but I've already done it. Ain't looking good for progression from the group, but some cracking games! Screenshot_20170821-221414.png

We tend to get more than our fair share of repeat opponents of late

Would not surprise me if we ended up with:

Monaco
Dortmund
Tottenham
Maribor

We tend to get more than our fair share of repeat opponents of late

Would not surprise me if we ended up with:

Monaco
Dortmund
Tottenham
Maribor

No doubt we will draw a few familiar teams. Would like to see one big name team; Barca, Real, Munich, Juve, or similar, just to get a huge game and to see how we compare against the very best teams.

Saw the Barca game at the weekend and actually thought that, if one certain player idnt have a good game for them, then they looked quite ordinary and were beatable. Granted they have £200m to spend and Suarez was out though..
I was thinking something similar. They are not the force they were and are especially weak in the centre I thought. They'll probably still trounce us mind, but I'd love to see us match them up with a fully fit and motivated Spurs team and see how we did.

Edit: And if we beat them that would wind up the gooners no end ;)

Saw the Barca game at the weekend and actually thought that, if one certain player idnt have a good game for them, then they looked quite ordinary and were beatable. Granted they have £200m to spend and Suarez was out though..

If they get O. Dembele they will be better off then when they had Neymar.

FC Astana 4 - 3 (4-8 on agg.) Celtic

Maribor 1 - 0 (2-2 on agg.) Hapoel Beer Sheva

Nice 0 - 2 (0-4 on agg.) SSC Napoli

Rijeka 0 - 1 (1-3 on agg.) Olympiacos

Sevilla 2 - 2 (4-3 on agg.) Istanbul Basaksehir

All the seeded teams went through.

I watched the last 20min of the Seville match. It was good. Ade was playing for Istanbul incidentally.

pot 2 is almost as strong as pot 1
maxresdefault.jpg

After last years damp squid, i'm all for us drawing the best that Europe has to offer! Let's be honest, we're not winning this anytime soon are we, and if i'm sitting at Wembley on a cold December evening, i want to see us test ourselves against the elite. Bring back Bale. Let Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi et al run out at Wembley in front of me. No more of this BS against Moscow. And people wanting Maribor or Shakhtar?? C'non. Surely not. This is the CL.

I pay to see Spurs. I want Spurs to succeed. But i also pay to be entertained and watch the sport i love*, so let's have the best there is.

*which is why being a Chelsea fan at the weekend must've been such an embarrassment!!

After last years damp squid, i'm all for us drawing the best that Europe has to offer! Let's be honest, we're not winning this anytime soon are we, and if i'm sitting at Wembley on a cold December evening, i want to see us test ourselves against the elite. Bring back Bale. Let Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi et al run out at Wembley in front of me. No more of this BS against Moscow. And people wanting Maribor or Shakhtar?? C'non. Surely not. This is the CL.

I pay to see Spurs. I want Spurs to succeed. But i also pay to be entertained and watch the sport i love*, so let's have the best there is.

*which is why being a Chelsea fan at the weekend must've been such an embarrassment!!
Kind of, but I'd rather meet them in a QF than being knocked out of the Group stage by them. One big team in the group would be good though. That said, Pot 1 and 2 both look really strong. Will be tough to get through anyway.

Back