• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

And what is considered "top leagues" is decided by the coefficient, so it does matter.
actually I was incorrect, what happened was 4 leagues were given 4 places (was 3 before) - also there is this for the clubs coefficients

- Historical success in the competition will also be acknowledged in coefficient calculation (points for previous European titles with a weighted system for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League titles)

So if you won the CL in the 90's you will be more likely to be in a higher pot.

With a good run in the CL this year, we might climb from 20th to above Schalke, Shaktar, Zenit and maybe even Leverkusen to 16th in the club rankings. That can be vital for next year. If we qualify again, we have a better chance of being in pot 2 instead of pot 3. Currently we are joint 1st in season 17/18 along with City, Cheatski and United.

That's what 20 years of financial doping will do to a squad, it's an absolute credit to our management and football club that we are even in the same elite competition as they are. I personally feel immensely proud and I think every other Spurs fan should to, but at the end of the day it's each to their own..
Who's to say that Spurs don't participate in "financial doping" in some way ? There's more than one way to skin a cat you know..

Did sugar pump some of his own money in, he certainly says he spent millions.
It's hard to tell precisely, but the general belief is that he saved the club by guaranteeing our debt, rather than paying anything off.

Obviously that would have had some kind of financial cost to him - other finance would have been harder to get and he may have paid a higher interest rate. I've not been able to find any evidence that he put money in though.

Who's to say that Spurs don't participate in "financial doping" in some way ? There's more than one way to skin a cat you know..
I'm fairly certain we haven't had over a billion pumped in to the club in the last 20 years, but please do let me know if I'm wrong.

I'd still support the team. I mean there isn't a lot more we could do with the squad anyways other than pay the players at the market rate.

Either my TV is fudged, or the Scousers appear to have come out with a fluorescent salmon change strip? Utterly dreadful, and entirely pointless for a team that play in red.

MeanInsidiousEel-size_restricted.gif

What is it about Turkish goalkeepers? He was terrible against us as well.

Bürki isn't Turkish, is he? Not entirely sure what he is, apart from utter gash.

Really surprised how well English clubs are doing this year. Especially considering we were in danger of losing our fourth qualifying spot to Italy last year, weren't we? Also pleases me that the best performing teams are yourselves and us. Growing up resenting and having 'The Big Four' shoved down my throat means I'll always enjoy anything that flies in the face of that particular narrative.

Bürki isn't Turkish, is he? Not entirely sure what he is, apart from utter gash.

Really surprised how well English clubs are doing this year. Especially considering we were in danger of losing our fourth qualifying spot to Italy last year, weren't we? Also pleases me that the best performing teams are yourselves and us. Growing up resenting and having 'The Big Four' shoved down my throat means I'll always enjoy anything that flies in the face of that particular narrative.

Well, there you go. Something about assumptions. :oops: He's from Switzerland, but I feel like he must have some Turkish ancestry as they have produced other keepers like that.

I don't understand how Dortmund can be top of the Bundesliga with only 5 goals conceded. He wasn't exactly outstanding against Real either.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor diddums

Gruelling schedule putting strain on Chelsea as Antonio Conte is forced into 'risks'

With a good run in the CL this year, we might climb from 20th to above Schalke, Shaktar, Zenit and maybe even Leverkusen to 16th in the club rankings. That can be vital for next year. If we qualify again, we have a better chance of being in pot 2 instead of pot 3. Currently we are joint 1st in season 17/18 along with City, Cheatski and United.

Yep, I was thinking that the other day. We are 20th currently and of the other teams above us in the coefficients (I speak 'UEFA'!):
- Leverkusen are currently 12th in the Bundesliga
- Arse will surely struggle to finish top 4 this year, so them being in the CL might come down to them winning the EL
- Schalke currently 6th in Ger, though early days

...so if those three don't qualify then we'd be 17th highest qualifier as currently stand, assuming we qualify for the CL next year. Problem is we'd need one more spot - for that we might need to at least make the quarters (there's quite a big gap above us in the standings), or perhaps hope that Benfica (currently 3rd in Portugal, outside the 2 CL spots) don't qualify or someone above us loses in a play-off. I think it took Man C a few seasons of qualifying to become 2nd seeds to not a surprise

Back