• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18 - Round of 16: Juventus

Qualified for the group stage:

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid
Tottenham, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project
Bayern, RB Leipzig, Borussia Dortmund
Juventus and either Roma or Napoli
PSG, Monaco
Benfica, Porto
Spartak Moscow
Shaktar Donetsk
Feyenoord
Anderlecht
Besiktas or Istanbul Basaksehir
Basel

Playoffs:

Non-champions: Sevilla, Hoffenheim, Sporting, Liverpool and either Napoli or Roma

3rd qualifying round:

Champions: Slavia Prague, Olympiakos, Viitorul Constanta
Non-champions: Nice, CSKA Moscow, Dynamo Kiev, Club Brugge, Ajax, Istanbul Basaksehir/Besiktas, Young Boys, Viktoria Plzen, Steaua Bucuresti and one Greek side

2nd qualifying round (A few teams here where the league hasn't been decided yet):

Champions: Salzburg (AUT), (CRO), (POL), APOEL Nicosia (CYP), BATE Borisov (BLS), Malmø FF (SWE), Rosenborg (NOR), Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR), FC København (DEN), Celtic (SCO), Garabag, Agdam (AZB), (SRB), FK Astana (KAZ), Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL), NK Maribor (SLO), Zilina (SVK), (HUN), (MOL), Hafnarfjordur (ISL), Samtredia (GEO), Mariehamn (FIN), (BOS), FC Kükesi (ALB), Vardar Skopje (MAC), Dundalk (IRL), Spartaks Jurmala (LAT), (LUX), (MON), Zalgiris Vilnius (LIT)

1st qualifying round:

Champions: Linfield (NIR), Infonet Tallinn (EST), (ARM), Vikingur (FAR), Hibernians (MLT), TNS (WAL), (GIB), Santa Coloma (AND), La Fiorita (SMA), Trepca 89 (KOS)

Of the 19 clubs that currently have a higher coefficient than Spurs, only Schalke, Leverkusen, Arsenal and ManU have failed to qualify so far. ManU can get a spot by winning the EL.

Most likely there will be 15 clubs seeded higher than us, but Monaco and Spartak Moscow get a place in pot 1 for winning the league.

If everyone maintain their current league positions and all the highest seeds make it through (slightly unlikely):

Pot 1 (Champions)
Real, Juventus, Chelsea, Bayern, Benfica, Monaco, Spartak Moscow, Shaktar Donetsk

Pot 2
Barcelona, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund, Sevilla*, Emirates Marketing Project, Porto, Man Utd*

Pot 3
Napoli*, Tottenham, Basel, Dynamo Kiev*, Ajax*, Olympiakos*, Anderlecht, Liverpool*

Pot 4
Roma, Besiktas, Celtic*, Salzburg*, FC København*, Ludogorets*, Feyenoord, Leipzig

Looks like Napoli and Sevilla are the only higher ranked teams than us that will have to go through qualifying and ManU have yet to gain access.

PSG, Monaco
Benfica, Porto
Spartak Moscow
Shaktar Donetsk
Feyenoord
Anderlecht
Basel

Playoffs:

Non-champions: Sevilla, Hoffenheim, Sporting, Liverpool and either Napoli or Roma

3rd qualifying round:

Champions: Slavia Prague, Olympiakos, Viitorul Constanta
Non-champions: Nice, CSKA Moscow, Dynamo Kiev, Club Brugge, Ajax, Istanbul Basaksehir/Besiktas, Young Boys, Viktoria Plzen, Steaua Bucuresti and one Greek side

2nd qualifying round (A few teams here where the league hasn't been decided yet):

Champions: Salzburg (AUT), (CRO), (POL), APOEL Nicosia (CYP), BATE Borisov (BLS), Malmø FF (SWE), Rosenborg (NOR), Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR), FC København (DEN), Celtic (SCO), Garabag, Agdam (AZB), (SRB), FK Astana (KAZ), Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL), NK Maribor (SLO), Zilina (SVK), (HUN), (MOL), Hafnarfjordur (ISL), Samtredia (GEO), Mariehamn (FIN), (BOS), FC Kükesi (ALB), Vardar Skopje (MAC), Dundalk (IRL), Spartaks Jurmala (LAT), (LUX), (MON), Zalgiris Vilnius (LIT)

1st qualifying round:

Champions: Linfield (NIR), Infonet Tallinn (EST), (ARM), Vikingur (FAR), Hibernians (MLT), TNS (WAL), (GIB), Santa Coloma (AND), La Fiorita (SMA), Trepca 89 (KOS)

Of the 19 clubs that currently have a higher coefficient than Spurs, only Schalke, Leverkusen, Arsenal and ManU have failed to qualify so far. ManU can get a spot by winning the EL.

Most likely there will be 15 clubs seeded higher than us, but Monaco and Spartak Moscow get a place in pot 1 for winning the league.

If everyone maintain their current league positions and all the highest seeds make it through (slightly unlikely):

Pot 1 (Champions)
Real, Juventus, Chelsea, Bayern, Benfica, Monaco, Spartak Moscow, Shaktar Donetsk

Pot 2
Barcelona, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund, Sevilla*, Emirates Marketing Project, Porto, Man Utd*

Pot 3
Napoli*, Tottenham, Basel, Dynamo Kiev*, Ajax*, Olympiakos*, Anderlecht, Liverpool*

Pot 4
Roma, Besiktas, Celtic*, Salzburg*, Club Brugge*, FC København*, Feyenoord, Leipzig

Looks like Napoli and Sevilla are the only higher ranked teams than us that will have to go through qualifying and ManU have yet to gain access.

Thanks. So, to check I understand this (I probably dont!), do we therefore need 2 of Sevilla, Napoli or Man U not to make the group stages in order for us to move into pot 2?

Thanks. So, to check I understand this (I probably dont!), do we therefore need 2 of Sevilla, Napoli or Man U not to make the group stages in order for us to move into pot 2?

Yes. Even if Barca somehow win the Spanish league and move to pot 1 and Real win the CL, Shaktar would be in pot 2 ahead of us. Napoli could also overtake Roma in Serie A and go directly into the group stage. Chances of us getting into pot 2 are minimal.

Yes. Even if Barca somehow win the Spanish league and move to pot 1 and Real win the CL, Shaktar would be in pot 2 ahead of us.

Thanks. Could make one hell of a difference in terms of strength of group which we get. Hopefully Ajax will do the business on Wed

PSG, Monaco
Benfica, Porto
Spartak Moscow
Shaktar Donetsk
Feyenoord
Anderlecht
Basel

Playoffs... yadda yadda yadda...

QUOTE]

Thanks for laying all this out. Spared me all sorts of nerdwerk.

Roma came back from 0-1 and 2-2 to win 3-2 against Genoa and clinch second place in Serie A. Totti came on as a sub for his final game.

Besiktas have won the Turkish league.

In Greece they're still having a playoff for their second spot.

Moldova have a playoff for the title.

UEFA will make a decision next month on whether Leipzig will be allowed entry as they have the same owners as Salzburg. According to the rules the club with the lowest coefficient will be denied. There is a loophole though as Salzburg are profitable and not dependent on Red Bull's money, but Leipzig also have a problem with the FFP rules.

Seedings based on coefficient points (bolded teams enter at that stage):

POT 1

Real Madrid, Bayern München, Chelsea, Juventus, Benfica, Monaco, Spartak Moscow, Shaktar Donetsk

POT 2

Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Borussia Dortmund,
Sevilla, Emirates Marketing Project, Porto, Manchester United

POT 3

Napoli, Tottenham Hotspur, Basel, Dinamo Kiev, Ajax, Olympiakos, Anderlecht, Liverpool

POT 4

Roma, Celtic, Salzburg, FC København, Ludogorets Razgrad, Feyenoord, Leipzig, Besiktas

Playoff Round:

Champions
(all teams here enter in the 3rd round or earlier)

Seeded:
Olympiakos, Celtic, Salzburg, FC København, Ludogorets Razgrad
Unseeded: BATE Borisov, Legia Warzawa*, APOEL Nicosia, Maribor, Garabag Agdam

Non-Champions

Seeded: Sevilla,
Dinamo Kiev, Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli
Unseeded:
Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Sporting Lisbon, Hoffenheim

3rd Qualifying Round:

Champions

Seeded: Olympiakos,
Celtic, Salzburg, FC København, Ludogorets Razgrad, BATE Borisov, Legia Warzawa*, APOEL Nicosia, Maribor, Garabag Agdam
Unseeded: Malmö FF, FK Astana, Partizan Belgrade, Rijeka, Rosenborg, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Slavia Praha, Hafnarfjordur, Viitorul Constanta, (final team depends on who wins the title in Moldova)

Non-Champions

Seeded: Dinamo Kiev, Ajax, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge
Unseeded: Steaua Bucuresti, Young Boys, Nice, Istanbul Basaksehir,
(second placed Greek side)

I wouldn't mind Bayern, Barca and Celtic. Every game would be a great occasion. And if we got through a group like that, anything is possible.

I'd like Shakhtar, Porto and Copenhagen as I'd like us to get out of the group. Even that group wouldnt be easy but I'd like to avoid stories us having failed to get out of the gorup on two consecutive occassions. By all means, then have Bayern, Barca or Real but I'd rather win some games first

I wouldn't like a group of death and I'd like one top-club in our group.

Spartak, Barcelona and Celtic for me will do fine.
1) Another possibility to watch Spurs in Moscow on a new stadium I still haven't visited.
2) An epic encounter which we miss so much from 'Arry's times.
3) And a British team plus a near trip which should be entertaining and doable.

Man U winning the Europa has made any progress through the group stages infinitely more difficult for us. Can't see past a group of death

We are Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and should not worry about anyone.

Bayern
Barcelona
Tottenham Hotspur
Feyenoord

Audere Est Facere...

That's linking up for an epic group.

May as well be in a group of death this time - play some big games

Exactly......

We are in the CL but everyone seems to be wishing for an Europa league standard group:confused:

Let's have a glamour group, some great away trips. 6 games to really look forward to. Barca, Bayern and Roma? Oh yes

Back