• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18 - Round of 16: Juventus

An away goal could be huge for us.

A rule that encourages that thinking over bus parking approaches from the away team makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm sure it was brought in with good reason but it tends to have the opposite effect. clams like Mourinho for example puts all of his energy into playing chicken, parking the bus and nicking and away goal then doing exactly the same at home but doesn't even try to score at home.

Monaco was much tougher than anticipated, they took everyone by surprise with their best team in years.

Leverkusen IIRC finished in the bottom half of the Bundesliga last season. The home game against them was the one that really cost us.

Yes exactly
But we also battered Monaco at Wembley and IMO were then better side but didn’t take the chances

Hi there guys! Nice to see you are all looking forward for the matches. Sorry for those of yours who found arrogant juventus fans around on the internet..of course they are just a small part of the supporters (there are few of them in any club i guess). Sorry for my bad english and good luck :)

Hi there guys! Nice to see you are all looking forward for the matches. Sorry for those of yours who found arrogant juventus fans around on the internet..of course they are just a small part of the supporters (there are few of them in any club i guess). Sorry for my bad english and good luck :)
Welcome! Your thoughts are much appreciated. So what do you think about the draw? I guess with the pedigree of Juventus, you should be confident. I've not seen that many games with Juve this year, but I kind of get the feeling you are not quite as good and robust as a couple of years ago? Anyway, think it will be two cracking games and it's 50/50. What's your view?

We’re far from perfect
It was actually some of the UK based Italian press that surprised me

Last time we met, only a few months ago. Two against the posts, and a few other sitters missed, we could've scored a hatful that day.

Have we met Juventus in a competitive match before?

Welcome mate, i am looking forward to both games and it will be my first trip to your stadium. As for your English its a lot better then most of our fans Italian i would imagine.

the Old Lady aren't what they were, 2 seasons ago this would have been very tough, the books have priced this up as a toss up and I'd be inclined to agree with this, Poch will still need to have the right gameplan to outfox Allegri who is as wily as they get but we can beat them by the odd goal over 2 legs.

Hard game surely is but thats the name of the game, what I would say is I back us to win with the tie set up for us to come home second game.

Will Juve be worried about playing Spurs, you bet ya

Welcome! Your thoughts are much appreciated. So what do you think about the draw? I guess with the pedigree of Juventus, you should be confident. I've not seen that many games with Juve this year, but I kind of get the feeling you are not quite as good and robust as a couple of years ago? Anyway, think it will be two cracking games and it's 50/50. What's your view?

Well...many of us are confident just because we didn't draw a big named team as city or psg, indeed we know your team potential and fast playstyle so we can't underestimate the match. Every ucl game from now on is a final, and we have to respect every opponent as a finalist (even more after we saw madrid defeated ). I noticed many of you thinks we are worse than a couple years ago and they are not totally wrong BUUUT one thing has to be said...every year, in this part of the season (september/december) we play at 60% of players shape and team confidence (many new players from different leagues), so we hope we'll find our best condition from now on and to have back the best Dybala

I knew Eric Dier didn't quality as home-grown, but I didn't realise the same applied to Ben Davies.
A loan for GKN seems most likely.

Dybala was injured in his last game. Estimated time of recovery is at least one month, so he will probably miss first match.

Back