• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18 - Round of 16: Juventus

Well this is what it's all about, great tie against the Old Lady.

I fancy our chances against any team that tries to play football against us, we are deadly on the break.

Any guess as to what away kit we will wear against Juve? Their black & white kit makes thing difficult.

Saw some bloke commenting on an Italian fan site earlier and wow.... arrogant beyond belief

Amazes me how people look at sides and revert to the table but will defend a team to suit their agenda whilst not recognising the same could apply to other teams

This is probably the best draw we could have hoped for.

Not joking in the slightest - this was the *ideal* outcome, in my mind.

I didn't want us to play Basel or Sevilla - too easy, too much of a chance of the lads switching off and thinking that the game's won, or underestimating the opposition. Too many potential banana skins that come with playing a team of equivalent or smaller stature than our own.

I didn't want us to play Bayern, because that would have been a bridge too far at this stage of the competition.

This...this is right up our alley. We play the CL runners-up, after playing (and beating) the reigning champions - the lads won't be complacent, but they'll also be confident after what happened against Madrid. We have a good record in Italy, and against Italian sides in the CL as a whole. We have Llorente to give us the inside scoop on the opposition - or whatever he can manage to give us, anyway. And we are not playing the invincible Juve of seasons past - they are stuttering domestically, and although they're still likely to end up as Serie A winners....we've beaten impending Serie A winners before in AC Milan (in 2010-2011). Then managed by one Massimiliano Allegri, to boot. :p So no reason we can't do it again.

It's a great draw. These are going to be great games. I cannot wait.

And, *if*, *if* (big if) we beat Juve...just imagine the confidence that the lads will have. Beat last season's champions, beat last season's runners-up...save for maybe Messi, there's no one the lads won't feel they can beat on any given day.

This is probably the best draw we could have hoped for.

Not joking in the slightest - this was the *ideal* outcome, in my mind.

I didn't want us to play Basel or Sevilla - too easy, too much of a chance of the lads switching off and thinking that the game's won, or underestimating the opposition. Too many potential banana skins that come with playing a team of equivalent or smaller stature than our own.

I didn't want us to play Bayern, because that would have been a bridge too far at this stage of the competition.

This...this is right up our alley. We play the CL runners-up, after playing (and beating) the reigning champions - the lads won't be complacent, but they'll also be confident after what happened against Madrid. We have a good record in Italy, and against Italian sides in the CL as a whole. We have Llorente to give us the inside scoop on the opposition - or whatever he can manage to give us, anyway. And we are not playing the invincible Juve of seasons past - they are stuttering domestically, and although they're still likely to end up as Serie A winners....we've beaten impending Serie A winners before in AC Milan (in 2010-2011). Then managed by one Massimiliano Allegri, to boot. :p So no reason we can't do it again.

It's a great draw. These are going to be great games. I cannot wait.

And, *if*, *if* (big if) we beat Juve...just imagine the confidence that the lads will have. Beat last season's champions, beat last season's runners-up...save for maybe Messi, there's no one the lads won't feel they can beat on any given day.

I agree
There a top side but lack some of the characteristics that hurt us (counter attacking play for a start)
I expect a cagey affair and few goals

Back