• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

I

indianspur

Cardiff City are set to smash their club record transfer fee once again today as they look to sign Tottenham defender Steven Caulker.

WalesOnline understands the Bluebirds are close to agreeing a deal with the 21-year-old, with Caulker believed to be in Cardiff undergoing a medical.

The England international represents a huge coup for the Premier League new boys as manager Malky Mackay prepares to make his fourth signing of the summer.

The exact value of the deal is not known at this stage but we understand it will usurp the £8.5m paid for Andreas Cornelius.

Caulker’s Premier League pedigree is already well known in South Wales after his season-long stay with Swansea City two years ago that enhanced his reputation as one of the brightest defensive prospects around.

His performances at the Liberty during Swansea’s maiden year in the Premier earned him a call-up to the Team GB squad for the London Olympics as well as seeing him force his way into first-team plans at White Hart Lane.

Caulker made 26 appearances during his time at Swansea, going on to win a first senior England cap the following season while back at Spurs.

But he has not figured regularly in North London and Mackay has moved to get his man.

Swansea attempted to secure the return of Caulker last summer, but were unable to make any headway in a deal while Brendan Rodgers was also linked with a move to take him with him to Liverpool.

The former Yeovil and Bristol City loanee played in both of Spurs’ recent friendly games with Sunderland and South China in Hong Kong and the recent injury suffered by Jan Vertonghen appeared to suggest he could be stying at White Hart Lane.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-set-sign-tottenham-5389633?

Re: Bye bye Caulker?

we are not going to have many Brits left in the first team or even challenging the first team

Caulker going
Parker most likely on his way
ditto Bale
Upgrading Lennon
bye bye Defoe, hello Bobby Soldado
Livermore not good enough

just leaves Walker, Rose and maybe Carrol and Townsend

we are going down the foreign route

we are not going to have many Brits left in the first team or even challenging the first team

Caulker going
Parker most likely on his way
ditto Bale
Upgrading Lennon
bye bye Defoe, hello Bobby Soldado
Livermore not good enough

just leaves Walker, Rose and maybe Carrol and Townsend

we are going down the foreign route

Daws?
Hudd?
Naughton?
Lennon will stay IMO, Defoe too.

Surprised we have sold him and not sent out on loan. I love a conspiracy theory..... he has the same agent as Bale? Is this the start of Levy's 'Night Of the Long Knives'.

Surprised we have sold him and not sent out on loan. I love a conspiracy theory..... he has the same agent as Bale? Is this the start of Levy's 'Night Of the Long Knives'.

elaborate what's the subject of the purge?

elaborate what's the subject of the purge?

It was only a light hearted comment in response to the surprise of selling Caulker. If Barnett?, Bale's agent, has acted improperly and broken the friendship that existed between him and Levy, Levy may have decided to cut all ties with him and players he represents and Caulker is the first to go. Obviously not thought of as a logical course of action :-k

Decent-ish player but over-rated by Spurs fans on here. That said, surprised if we'd sell him given that we tend to loan 21 year olds etc out and players who are far less developed than Caulker. Suggests to me that the price offered is too good to turn down and, given the rumours about the Romanian guy, seems to me that we might be able to sell Caulker and sign the romanian and make a profit

If this happens, it's got to be one of the worst pieces of business we've ever done. I can't fudging comprehend what is going through the collective minds of our management that this is a good idea. So now our centre backs are Dawson, Kaboul (hasn't played in a year or so), Vertonghen (out for 3-4 weeks, maybe more). Soooo, for the first game of the season we are forced into playing our only two fit centre backs and if anything happens to Kaboul then we have one centre back in the whole squad. But at least we'll have 9 million quid in the bank. Lovely stuff.

If this happens, it's got to be one of the worst pieces of business we've ever done. I can't fudging comprehend what is going through the collective minds of our management that this is a good idea. So now our centre backs are Dawson, Kaboul (hasn't played in a year or so), Vertonghen (out for 3-4 weeks, maybe more). Soooo, for the first game of the season we are forced into playing our only two fit centre backs and if anything happens to Kaboul then we have one centre back in the whole squad. But at least we'll have 9 million quid in the bank. Lovely stuff.

I'm pretty sure the transfer window isn't closed yet. :-k

Don't understand selling Caulker and replacing him with that Romanian, but of a gamble

Don't understand selling Caulker and replacing him with that Romanian, but of a gamble

Caulker made some huge fudge ups last season. AVB has worked with him long enough to be of an opinion on whether he's good enough.
That Romanian has got way more experience than Caulker and looks 10 times the player.

Caulker made some huge fudge ups last season. AVB has worked with him long enough to be of an opinion on whether he's good enough.
That Romanian has got way more experience than Caulker and looks 10 times the player.

That Romanian has less experience than Caulker. Considerably less.

Caulker who has played 44 games in the Premier League.

The only surprise to me would be if it was a loan.

I don't think there's anything to suggest Caulker would suceeed in a team with top 4 aspirations.

He looks physically imposing, but personally didn't see anything to suggest he actually was. He always looked poor on the ball, immobile and slow. He did nothing particularly wrong, but nothing particularly right. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Dawsons are all clearly superior.

It's a shame, as you always want youngsters to succeed, particularly as he is English and seems a decent bloke, but I think we need to cash in whilst his reputation is high.

If there is any truth in this then it does really irk me, spend so long developing a player who in my opinion clearly has massive potential then sell him on when as stated it's not our strongest position. Dawson is most definitely injury prone. Vertonghen could be out for longer than suggest (we've seen it happen many times before) and Kaboul is untried and untested since having a long spell out of action, therefore unreliable.

How many times have you seen the Romanian ModricTHFC?

I've watched Caulker for years through his loan spell days apart from when at Yeovil, I'm certain selling him for 9m will be something we would come to regret greatly. He is just 21, capped for England, is someone who we have developed through our academy who seems to have his head on his shoulders and seems to be an intelligent guy. This would tinkle me off more than selling Bale, genuinely. Hopefully it is untrue but when it's on bbc football homepage as a main article I do start to worry as I would say that is a sign that often makes me believe a story isn't just daily mail/metro brick.

But the Romanian is older and more experienced

the experience is at a much lower level though...come on

anyway, check the Chiriches thread, the move seems to have fallen through

Back