• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cardiff striker's plane goes missing

He died in a plane crash. What more is there to know??

If GG is ever in need of a grief counsellor we know where to go!

I think I get your point but the family might be looking in to why things appeared to have been done not exactly by the book*...Sure could be more monetary gain ie lawsuits and the like but also so that the same thing won't happen again to another talented footballer.

*It might all have been cleared up but I've not followed the story, it's tragic either way let's face it...

If GG is ever in need of a grief counsellor we know where to go!

I think I get your point but the family might be looking in to why things appeared to have been done not exactly by the book*...Sure could be more monetary gain ie lawsuits and the like but also so that the same thing won't happen again to another talented footballer.

*It might all have been cleared up but I've not followed the story, it's tragic either way let's face it...
It wasn't cleared up.

Someone (quite probably knowingly) booked him onto a plane that wasn't nearly capable of flying in those conditions. That same someone (quite probably knowingly) booked a pilot that wasn't nearly qualified to fly in those conditions.

Probably best for legal reasons to avoid naming who that person was.

Cardiff didn't send a jet in the end......

Email sent from someone who didn't have a license to be a football agent said:
Emiliano

My name is Willie McKay. First of all, I tried to reach [your agent] Meissa [N’Diaye] by call and SMS in the last few days without success .We are not interested in looking after your personal interests, finance, holidays.,Baby-sitting is not our market. We do transfers - to this date, over 600 from Didier Drogba and Anelka to Payet, Seri, Anguissa. A lot. Let us tell you how we operate and how the Cardiff City situation came around because you must be wondering. We will explain, We work for clubs in France including PSG, Marseille, Lyon, Nice, Lille, Toulouse, Le Harve, Nantes and others, for players to be transferred to England On your case we have spoken to every club, including Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool. We think eventually you could play in these clubs.

We approached Nantes, as we do for many players at other clubs, to get the authority to sell. We don’t try and cross the player’s agent. Some are very happy to work with us. Some get very jealous and protective

With all the brick they say - like ‘he is like a brother to me’ and ‘he is like my son’. In reality, if you were not a footballer these people don’t care about you. They only care about money. That is the truth Because that’s all we care about. That’s why we like to work for clubs - no emotion ,simple business. That’s it!

In your case, we begged Nantes for the mandate. I think they were curious of what your value was because you scored last year and this year without any offers for you. Because you are a very good player and we only target very good players. But as you said in one of your interviews some clubs like you and others don’t.

We have had West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Burnley, Fulham and Cardiff watching you at Nantes and away matches. We take our plane get clubs in it - people who can decide, not the local scouts For different reasons - age, style of play, playing in League 2 and other issues, we only have an offer from Cardiff City – newly-promoted with a manager who fell in love with you first of all from your footage online. Then he has watched you twice: once in Rennes and against Marseille in Nantes with his assistants, nearly 5 weeks ago .Neil Warnock will have all his players with one objective: get the ball to you .He sees you as a typical English centre forward, like Drogba, Alan Shearer. He told me you will score easier in his team than in Nantes, because all your teammates in Cardiff will play to your strengths He would like to meet you. Either they will fly you over in their jet to look around or they will come to meet you in Nantes. You can bring whoever you want, just to give you an idea. They will pay you around £50,000 per week gross plus bonuses on a 4-5 year contract and whoever you bring with you – be-it Meissa (who has done nothing) or your mother, who can also represent you by law in England. She could receive around £1 million in sterling for herself

Here is a club who really wants you and believe in you as we do and if a big club comes in for you while in Cardiff they will not stand in your way Cardiff is a great place to live. My sons live there. The support are very loud. They never stop singing. In my experience, I think if you don’t try the Premier league in England where the game suits, you will regret it. Cardiff have been told you don’t want to go there. That’s probably our fault. It was us who put in the media about other clubs wanting you - West Ham, Everton, etc to create an interest in you. That’s what we do. It can be misleading for the player himself, but unless we do this most people would not know you because nobody follows the French League

I hope this explains everything to you if you need any other help or questions you want to ask please do. Cardiff can have a jet for you tonight or tomorrow to pick you and any other people you want to bring with you. You don’t need to sign but at least hear what they have to say

Emiliano Sala pilot told friend plane was ‘dodgy’ before fatal flight

The pilot of a plane in which the footballer Emiliano Sala died told a friend the aircraft was “dodgy”, after an outward flight from Cardiff to Nantes.

The 28-year-old player was flying from Nantes in France to Wales to join then Premier League club Cardiff City when the plane crashed in the Channel close to Guernsey. His pilot, 59-year-old David Ibbotson, was also killed. Audio aired on the BBC’s Transfer: The Emiliano Sala Story podcast captures Ibbotson expressing his concerns.

In a voicemail to his friend Kevin Jones, aired on the podcast, Ibbotson can be heard saying: “I picked a footballer up from Cardiff. He’s just been bought from Nantes for, I think it was about, £20m-worth or something. They’ve entrusted me to pick him up in a dodgy (aircraft). Normally I have my lifejacket between my seats but tomorrow I’m wearing my lifejacket, that’s for sure.”
Ibbotson reported the loud bang between Cardiff and Nantes to Henderson but an engineer was not asked to investigate when the plane landed in France.

Ibbotson had also been banned from flying the Piper Malibu by its owner after two airspace infringements months earlier but Henderson allowed him to fly. Henderson kept no records or invoices for his business, or the qualifications of the pilots who flew for him.

Willie McKay, a football agent who arranged the fights while helping his son Mark’s firm represent Nantes in the transfer, was a long-term client of Henderson. He denied knowingly arranging illegal “grey” flights with the businessman, who did not have an air operator’s certificate allowing him to fly paying passengers.

Crooked at each level. Ibbotson, Henderson and Mckay.

Back