• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Car leather care

Maserati, they look lovely.
Conversion was £1k c1997
auto yes. very simple conversion. Raise back of seat (to take the rake out) and extended foot pedals.
I need to get a manual wheelchair in back and as low seat entry as possible.
Thinking about the whole car 'change thing' gives me the the right hump, basically can't be arsed with all the hassle.
My old bus is tired but it does all I want a car to do. Goes well and is comfortable! But 20 yo.!!! (only <50k milage:rolleyes:)
It's had some terrible reviews but my heart overruled my head - it often does.

So does an estate help in terms of loading at the back or just anything with a decent boot?

I went a bit silly and got a Ghibli. Last chance to own something like that without it looking like a mid-life crisis according to my wife.

How much are the conversion costs? Can you convert any auto?

Nice choice [emoji106] interior is important to me, spend most of your time there, and the Italian leather must be comfortable. It has a Ferrari made engine too right? With all the acceleration you'll ever need day to day. How does it drive? Not sure about automatic or reliability, but a fun choice! Should put a smile on your face.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's had some terrible reviews but my heart overruled my head - it often does.

So does an estate help in terms of loading at the back or just anything with a decent boot?

Low back sill + decent size. Auto - petrol - low drivers front seat (relative to ground) - fully adjustable steering rack.
Not a looking for anything flash like yours (jealous*) and dont do the milage.

*would like to play with a Tesla, I digress.

Low back sill + decent size. Auto - petrol - low drivers front seat (relative to ground) - fully adjustable steering rack.
Not a looking for anything flash like yours (jealous*) and dont do the milage.

*would like to play with a Tesla, I digress.
We have a Passat diesel estate that the company will be selling - thought that might do you. If petrol is a must though there's no point.

I looked at a Tesla briefly. Even if I assumed charging was always free (obviously it's not) then it still worked out way more expensive, even on my high mileage. They're great cars inside, just not enough range and far too expensive.

We have a Passat diesel estate that the company will be selling - thought that might do you. If petrol is a must though there's no point.

I looked at a Tesla briefly. Even if I assumed charging was always free (obviously it's not) then it still worked out way more expensive, even on my high mileage. They're great cars inside, just not enough range and far too expensive.
The Passat is a good call! How old was it?
My preference for petrol is just to future proof it, and diesels sound like taxis;)

Nice choice [emoji106] interior is important to me, spend most of your time there, and the Italian leather must be comfortable. It has a Ferrari made engine too right? With all the acceleration you'll ever need day to day. How does it drive? Not sure about automatic or reliability, but a fun choice! Should put a smile on your face.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Initially I thought the drive was a little harsh until I found the I.C.E button - softens all the gear changes and makes it drive like a normal car. The sport button just makes it purr!

My preference for petrol is just to future proof it, and diesels sound like taxis;)
I'm not sure, I'll ask the guy who's been driving it.

We usually sell at trade in value but offer it to staff first. If nobody has claimed it I'll send you the details.

I just sold my A3 Quattro. Best (and best looking) car I've ever had. White with black open sky glass roof. 177 bhp, S-Line and sport seats. Was a joy to drive, but with family expanding it was just too small.
Picking up a Passat estate this week as it's replacement. R-Line 177 bhp, dsg, 4 motion, open sky, and just about every available option. But I'll still miss the Audi.

I just sold my A3 Quattro. Best (and best looking) car I've ever had. White with black open sky glass roof. 177 bhp, S-Line and sport seats. Was a joy to drive, but with family expanding it was just too small.
Picking up a Passat estate this week as it's replacement. R-Line 177 bhp, dsg, 4 motion, open sky, and just about every available option. But I'll still miss the Audi.

What cc engine is that?

Initially I thought the drive was a little harsh until I found the I.C.E button - softens all the gear changes and makes it drive like a normal car. The sport button just makes it purr!

Ice cool. What colour interior did you go for? And exterior? Have you had a proper blast in it by yourself yet?

Ice cool. What colour interior did you go for? And exterior? Have you had a proper blast in it by yourself yet?
It's the darker blue exterior (passione, I think?) With the cream seats and stitched black dash.

I've mainly been sensible so far because this car purchase is supposed to be me growing up. I did have a go on some country lanes, but traffic comes up in front very quickly in that car, so I spent a lot of time hating on solid middle lines.

It's strange though - even though it's a quicker car than the 5 I had, I don't feel as much urge to push it. Partly I think because it's so effortless and partly because BMWs feel set up to be driven like a yob

It's the darker blue exterior (passione, I think?) With the cream seats and stitched black dash.

I've mainly been sensible so far because this car purchase is supposed to be me growing up. I did have a go on some country lanes, but traffic comes up in front very quickly in that car, so I spent a lot of time hating on solid middle lines.

It's strange though - even though it's a quicker car than the 5 I had, I don't feel as much urge to push it. Partly I think because it's so effortless and partly because BMWs feel set up to be driven like a yob

Interesting. I can imagine it feels relaxed and refined, and that does affect the way you drive. Less stress for you when you don't want, or can't, peg it, which is probably 80% of the time. Driving a Mercs does that, leaves me more relaxed, not bothered with racing.

Did you look at the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio or the current M3? They look more 'standard', less distinctive, but the Alfa is curious, has over 500bhp! I drive a car with just under 350bhp. I never think, I could just do with a bit more oomph (except directly after driving a Ferrari round a race track). The Quadrifoglio nose doesn't quite do it for me personally although it's a good looking machine; its not as nice inside functional more than luxury, but I think you could really get into it if it was just about the driving. Tight, fast and a different.

I want a new toy, but will go for something old with character I think.

Last edited:
Interesting. I can imagine it feels relaxed and refined, and that does affect the way you drive. Less stress for you when you don't want, or can't, peg it, which is probably 80% of the time. Driving a Mercs does that, leaves me more relaxed, not bothered with racing.

Did you look at the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio or the current M3? They look more 'standard', less distinctive, but the Alfa is curious, has over 500bhp! I drive a car with just under 350bhp. I never think, I could just do with a bit more oomph (except directly after driving a Ferrari round a race track). The Quadrifoglio nose doesn't quite do it for me personally although it's a good looking machine; its not as nice inside functional more than luxury, but I think you could really get into it if it was just about the driving. Tight, fast and a different.

I want a new toy, but will go for something old with character I think.
There's certainly a feeling of it being a nice place to be. It's easier to accept traffic.

Right up until my heart overruled my head I was trying to decide between a specced E Class (with all the automatic driving stuff) and the Jag XF S. Both are very good cars - and both cruise beautifully at lower speeds. The Jag didn't quite have the calming effect that the Merc and the Ghibli do, despite being a very nice place to sit. If my head had won I'd be driving the E Class now, but I've wanted a Maserati most of my life and I don't know how many chances I'll have to do it.

As for the Alfa, my problem with them is that I think 20 years of FWD cars they've lost their sporting heritage a bit. There's an Alfa garage near me and the Giulia looks a little small when I drive past. Whilst the Ghibli claims to be similar to the E and the XF in size, I'd say the back is more like a CLS - bigger than a Couple but not really great for adults on a long trip. It seems a good bit bigger than the Giulia though.

Had good look 'online' ;) and that model looks very nice.

I like this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706146425924?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&body-type=Estate&transmission=Automatic&sort=sponsored&postcode=tw136tw&radius=10&make=VOLKSWAGEN&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=15000&page=2

I'm starting to have a 'thing' about low profile tyres :( ok for smooth roads but the roads around me in Hampton area are potholed to b^%&ery .

My old bus is going into the local garage to have a diagnostic test next Tuesday. Spoke to guys on the BMW 5 forum they say "cam or crank position sensors" are favourite.

Like I know what they are talking about! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I originally had 19" 235/35 on the Audi. The comfort (or rather total lack of) was terrible! But it looked so cool, and I really would not want to change too much. So I ended up buying 235/45 18". It made all the difference in the world!
Suddenly I could drive normally without danger of my teeth falling out. Now I'm done with cool looks. I've now reached the point where I prefer comfort over looks, so I have opted for 17" rims. It's just so much more comfortable.
And in addition it takes some stress out of the suspension and bushings as well.

I originally had 19" 235/35 on the Audi. The comfort (or rather total lack of) was terrible! But it looked so cool, and I really would not want to change too much. So I ended up buying 235/45 18". It made all the difference in the world!
Suddenly I could drive normally without danger of my teeth falling out. Now I'm done with cool looks. I've now reached the point where I prefer comfort over looks, so I have opted for 17" rims. It's just so much more comfortable.
And in addition it takes some stress out of the suspension and bushings as well.

Is your Passet like the one I showed?

Whats wrong with 16"?
Can you still get them?
To get out of our road (cul de sac) it is not too unusual to have to go up on the kerb. Buggers low profile alloys!

Whats wrong with 16"?
Can you still get them?
To get out of our road (cul de sac) it is not too unusual to have to go up on the kerb. Buggers low profile alloys!
17" is the best compromise imo. Depends on the car though, but on such a big car as the Passat, 16" just looks ridiculous. Looks like a car with wheelbarrow wheels

17" is the best compromise imo. Depends on the car though, but on such a big car as the Passat, 16" just looks ridiculous. Looks like a car with wheelbarrow wheels

My old bus has 16" ............sulk!

Is your Passet like the one I showed?

Last edited:
Reminds me of my S-Class. When I first got it, I was struck by the fact that when you put your foot down, the horizon rushes towards you and the corners are suddenly getting closer and closer... it's not a sporty drivers car as you don't feel excited, you just get there quick and then quickly get to the next bit and then you're stuck behind a normal person again, bimbling along in their Discovery or whatever.

One can no longer drive fast in the South East, after 20 seconds you are behind traffic again.

Back