• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

OXFORD TO JOIN AUGSBURG

West Ham defender Reece Oxford looks set to join Bundesliga club Augsburg on a permanent deal after officials agreed a £3m deal with the London club.

Sky Sports News understands Augsburg are now trying to agree personal terms with the 20-year old before their final game of the season on Saturday away to Wolfsburg.

Augsburg coach Martin Schmidt has told media in Germany that the club was very keen to sign the young defender on a permanent basis – but only if they can afford him.

"He certainly has the potential to become a big player,” Augsburg coach Schmidt told Kicker magazine when asked about a permanent move for Oxford, who made seven appearances since joining the German club on loan in January.

"He certainly has qualities, but he must not cost anything more than we can afford. It has to be in the budget."

OXFORD TO JOIN AUGSBURG

West Ham defender Reece Oxford looks set to join Bundesliga club Augsburg on a permanent deal after officials agreed a £3m deal with the London club.

Sky Sports News understands Augsburg are now trying to agree personal terms with the 20-year old before their final game of the season on Saturday away to Wolfsburg.

Augsburg coach Martin Schmidt has told media in Germany that the club was very keen to sign the young defender on a permanent basis – but only if they can afford him.

"He certainly has the potential to become a big player,” Augsburg coach Schmidt told Kicker magazine when asked about a permanent move for Oxford, who made seven appearances since joining the German club on loan in January.

"He certainly has qualities, but he must not cost anything more than we can afford. It has to be in the budget."

This would be the Reece Oxford who we where mugs for letting him go to West Ham as he was the next Bobby Moore and should have been an England regular after 1 game against Woolwich a couple of seasons back?

This would be the Reece Oxford who we where mugs for letting him go to West Ham as he was the next Bobby Moore and should have been an England regular after 1 game against Woolwich a couple of seasons back?
Yes. Much the same as with Pritchard, who was supposedly better than Eriksen, Silva and Iniesta combined.

Thats the one!

Speaking of letting stars go from our academy - did you know we were once home to Clinton Morrison!?

Yes. Much the same as with Pritchard, who was supposedly better than Eriksen, Silva and Iniesta combined.

That's why I think it's mad to go overboard about young players, they either reach their peak early playing against other kids or take time to develop both as players and men, so much can happen to them and as I've said many times before talent is not enough.

Thats the one!

Speaking of letting stars go from our academy - did you know we were once home to Clinton Morrison!?

Considering we release over a dozen a year there are always going to be some that go on and make it, I remember back in the day we had Mark Falco and Kerry Dixon on the books at the same time and let Dixon go.

Last edited:
And your point is?

Some you let go will make it somewhere else, some would say Dixon was better than Falco, he did go on to play for England. It's never easy to predict how kids will workout, boy at the youth club I went to played for England and had a long career at the top level and he wouldn't have been your first or second choice when you were picking sides.

;)

"Some you let go will make it somewhere else, some would say Dixon was better than Falco, he did go on to play for England. It's never easy to predict how kids will workout, boy at the youth club I went to played for England and had a long career at the top level and he wouldn't have been your first or second choice when you were picking sides."

:D I was making reference to Falco/Dixon comparison but more along the lines of Falco was clearly the better player, but my attempt at humour .........

giphy.gif

"Some you let go will make it somewhere else, some would say Dixon was better than Falco, he did go on to play for England. It's never easy to predict how kids will workout, boy at the youth club I went to played for England and had a long career at the top level and he wouldn't have been your first or second choice when you were picking sides."

:D I was making reference to Falco/Dixon comparison but more along the lines of Falco was clearly the better player, but my attempt at humour .........

giphy.gif

Thanks for changing the colour of my skin, nobody will think that is me now.

Feeling pleased with myself this evening. A West Ham Fan mentioned (albeit in a jokingly self-sarcastic way) that at least they can claim to be the first team to beat us at our new stadium. I was able to use the “would that be the same season we got to the CL Final?” line. Cue deflation and exasperation!

Back