• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Then clearly you havent watched him ;)

Struts aroundas if he is Pirlo, but then gets the hump when he cant even kick a ball straight.

Likes to throw reducers in on anyone faster than him.

Has been squaring up to players and grabbing their faces just this last few weeks (and Sissoko earlier this season, hilariously)

He is a horrible little brick, and an incredibly limited player.

I get you like his love for his club, but dont let that cloud your judgement.

I spat out my coffee when I heard Noble called a “leader.” What exactly has he led them to? The Championship then back? Perennial PL strugglers? That says it all about the quality of his leadership. Not quite in the same category as your Keanes, Vieras, Gerards or Kanes. He is typical of the old English bulldog all energy but little quality. In yer face cor blimey guvnor. The sort that has held English Football back for years. If it is Spurs goggles I am wearing then they must have been worn by pretty much every England Manager throughout his career judging by the number of caps he’s won.

Then clearly you havent watched him ;)

Struts aroundas if he is Pirlo, but then gets the hump when he cant even kick a ball straight.

Likes to throw reducers in on anyone faster than him.

Has been squaring up to players and grabbing their faces just this last few weeks (and Sissoko earlier this season, hilariously)

He is a horrible little brick, and an incredibly limited player.

I get you like his love for his club, but dont let that cloud your judgement.

I’m not judging him. I just don’t get the venom in yours.
I care little about the guy. He is a good example of this tribalism that is rife and I find that so sad.
But it’s no biggie, just more of a observation.

I spat out my coffee when I heard Noble called a “leader.” What exactly has he led them to? The Championship then back? Perennial PL strugglers? That says it all about the quality of his leadership. Not quite in the same category as your Keanes, Vieras, Gerards or Kanes. He is typical of the old English bulldog all energy but little quality. In yer face cor blimey guvnor. The sort that has held English Football back for years. If it is Spurs goggles I am wearing then they must have been worn by pretty much every England Manager throughout his career judging by the number of caps he’s won.

He is a chest thumper, goes round kissing the badge (initially miss spelt that as "kidding", almost left it that way!), and likes to shout about passion.

I would imagine were he my captain Id think he was a taco, rather boring, and would constantly wonder how it is he gets in the team.

Im not sure thats leadership.

I’m not judging him. I just don’t get the venom in yours.
I care little about the guy. He is a good example of this tribalism that is rife and I find that so sad.
But it’s no biggie, just more of a observation.

Its not venom as such, its more disbelief in your general positivity about him. Its baffling.

As i say, I can appreciate you like his club devotion, but none of that makes him a leader or competent player. And in his case he really is a horrible brick as well. So its somewhat strange to see you talk about him as you do.

He is a chest thumper, goes round kissing the badge (initially miss spelt that as "kidding", almost left it that way!), and likes to shout about passion.

I would imagine were he my captain Id think he was a taco, rather boring, and would constantly wonder how it is he gets in the team.

Im not sure thats leadership.
You are misjudging his audience. Hammers love that.
Especially the past two seasons when everything has gone to crap.

He is a useful player for them, industrious and has a decent pass on him. And gets the crowd going, that is key in a lower midtable side.
A bit like a Stefan Freund figure, but a youth product and fan too.

Its not venom as such, its more disbelief in your general positivity about him. Its baffling.

As i say, I can appreciate you like his club devotion, but none of that makes him a leader or competent player. And in his case he really is a horrible brick as well. So its somewhat strange to see you talk about him as you do.

It has absolutely nothing specifically to do with Noble.
Henderson would be a similar example. We support/follow a team and slag off opposing players ad nauseam.
Liverpool fans are doing it with Kane ATM. I don’t know any of these players so when I get annoyed with say Ashley Young for being a compulsive diver. I would still not let it get spiteful and too personal. I’d buy him a beer and have it with him if we ever met.
I’m a lover not a fighter, someone once said of me. He was a nice guy with me but a terrible Spurs football hooligan from way back. With the WC coming up it would be refreshing not hear some on here slagging of England players mainly because of the club they play for.
We can’t take the tinkle rightfully out of the Liverpool fans when we act the same way!

It has absolutely nothing specifically to do with Noble.
Henderson would be a similar example. We support/follow a team and slag off opposing players ad nauseam.
Liverpool fans are doing it with Kane ATM. I don’t know any of these players so when I get annoyed with say Ashley Young for being a compulsive diver. I would still not let it get spiteful and too personal. I’d buy him a beer and have it with him if we ever met.
I’m a lover not a fighter, someone once said of me. He was a nice guy with me but a terrible Spurs football hooligan from way back. With the WC coming up it would be refreshing not hear some on here slagging of England players mainly because of the club they play for.
We can’t take the tinkle rightfully out of the Liverpool fans when we act the same way!

Its nothing personal at all, and a players club doesnt really influence my feeling of them. I can point to players of teams I hate that I really admire.

You are misjudging his audience. Hammers love that.
Especially the past two seasons when everything has gone to crap.

He is a useful player for them, industrious and has a decent pass on him. And gets the crowd going, that is key in a lower midtable side.
A bit like a Stefan Freund figure, but a youth product and fan too.

I agree in the Noble case.
But there are lots these types out there and we as a group need to be more tolerant.
Freund was a great bloke when I met him. But straight out of the combative trier stable!

Are you saying StephenH is a closet Hammer!? :eek::D

No but I dont hate them or any other team.
Spurs is my team and don’t think that means I cannot enjoy watching any team that has nothing to do with Mourinho ;).
Mourinho was someone I admired as a tactician when at Inter, but he lost the plot and any respect I had for him at Real with the eye gouging incident.

Last edited:
West Ham will give new manager Manuel Pellegrini a larger budget this summer than they have "spent in any window in the past", says co-owner David Gold.

Gold, 81, says West Ham will make a record level of investment.

"We will probably spend more money in this window than we've spent in any window in the past," Gold said.
It must be season ticket renewal time.

Roll on to the end of the window:
"We made a good offer for [out of our league player], but it's not our fault if he doesn't want to join us".
"We tried to spend money all window, but everyone was quoting silly asking prices, and we won't be held to ransom".

It must be season ticket renewal time.

Roll on to the end of the window:
"We made a good offer for [out of our league player], but it's not our fault if he doesn't want to join us".
"We tried to spend money all window, but everyone was quoting silly asking prices, and we won't be held to ransom except by our new Manager with his wages.

... and we won't be held to ransom except by our new Manager with his wages.

It's a strange thing about football that the manager being paid more is considered strange. He is the man in charge and making the key decisions, yet fans expect players to earn more. We see the same response to Levy's remuneration.

It does depend on who adds value. If the impression is that there is a bunch of under-performing, lazy, money-grubbers, then a top manager might be able to justify the expense. The manager who can make it all work should be paid very well. But it won't work with a bunch of talentless, lazy, money-grubbers. Which is where West Ham may have a problem. On the other hand, I think Arsenal have made a good choice, which is rather a shame.

Back