• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cameron Carter Vickers

CCV only turned 20 last month, I bet you would have said the same about Kane at the same age

I didn't.
I actually told a mate he reminded me of Sheringham, but I take your point and agree that there is time. IMO though, he was always more Caulker than Toby...

n.b. to be clear, I thought Kane "could" have a career because I saw "something" but would've been pressed to say he was going to be a star player. Like everyone else, I had no idea he would develop into the beast of a brilliant player he was become!!!!

I didn't.
I actually told a mate he reminded me of Sheringham, but I take your point and agree that there is time. IMO though, he was always more Caulker than Toby...

n.b. to be clear, I thought Kane "could" have a career because I saw "something" but would've been pressed to say he was going to be a star player. Like everyone else, I had no idea he would develop into the beast of a brilliant player he was become!!!!

I don't think that comparison bears up, I think Caulker would've been a fine player but for his off-field problems.

I don't think that comparison bears up, I think Caulker would've been a fine player but for his off-field problems.

You may have a point but every time i watched Caulker he seemed more effective in the opposing team box ( as a attacking threat) then defending in ours.

Would be very surprised to see CCV make it at Spurs, if I must be honest. Central defenders - more than any other position - tend to show from the start that they will have a successful career. Positioning, spatial awareness, timing and interception are traits you are born with; you can tell a great defender from his first half dozen games. Unfortunately CCV is significantly lacking in all these departments, at least at the level we now expect at Spurs

Time will tell.
I thought Caulker had the physical tools, but he apparently lacked the mental ones to be top drawer. The brain which sewed those problems was also the one that could switch off.
You could well be right in so much as I am sort of guilty here of writing him off based on physical similarities, which isn't really critique enough...

Would be very surprised to see CCV make it at Spurs, if I must be honest. Central defenders - more than any other position - tend to show from the start that they will have a successful career. Positioning, spatial awareness, timing and interception are traits you are born with; you can tell a great defender from his first half dozen games. Unfortunately CCV is significantly lacking in all these departments, at least at the level we now expect at Spurs
I disagree, and particularly with young centre backs lacking first team experience.

Overall I find centre backs difficult to judge based on a small sample size. Their performance depends so much on how the rest of the team is set up and how well others are playing. And so much of what makes great centre backs great is consistency on decision making and consecration.

Of course there are some that stand out in all conditions and even at a younger age, but separating those from those that are doing well because of how the rest of the team plays is difficult for me at least.

Anyone heard how he did at the weekend can’t seem to find any detailed match reports online, anyone with Ipswich mates out there?

Anyone heard how he did at the weekend can’t seem to find any detailed match reports online, anyone with Ipswich mates out there?

I had a look on a couple of their forums (that was hard work - we are spoiled here for format and thread-organisation)
Most comments were about how awful the game was, how rubbish Ipswich were. The odd comment about CCV doing Ok but nothing too specific. There doesn’t seem to be too much love for McCarthy.
This comment caught my attention. I’m not sure whether to laugh at the resignation in the tone, or worry that there might be something to it
The new lad Carter-Vickers looks quality on the ball, more comfortable than Webster in my opinion but he's only just got here so I'll watch closely as he has that coached out of him over the coming weeks.

One in the hole you say?
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

Back