• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cameron Carter Vickers

Yep he was an unused substitute and they played a back three!!!!

Time to end this loan immediately and impose a 3 year ban on any transfers with that Club.

Yep he was an unused substitute and they played a back three!!!!

Time to end this loan immediately and impose a 3 year ban on any transfers with that Club.

Is the lesson that we want to send to our young players is that they should walk into the team and don't have to work for it?

Last edited:
Just seen the highlights, it was a really decent finish. He also found himself on the end of another free kick and could've had a second, definitely struck it well enough but it was almost at the keeper.

Did he defend well?

Was an unused sub again for a side that played a back three.

Would rather have him back with us learning from the group and being able to play in games like the one on Tuesday.

Instead he's training with crap players under a crap manager and hardly ever playing any games.

I hope we put a recall clause into this loan.

Surprising that he didn't start given that I thought that he was meant to have played well the previous week, irrespective of the goal. Maybe he had a niggle?

He's only been there a couple of weeks and up until yesterday the team were doing well. He got a start in midweek due to rotation but I suspect that regardless of how he did, the manager was always going to go back to the side that had been winning prior to that. He will get plenty of games, far more than he would have here.

Exactly, SU have started the season well, you wouldn't change a winning team would you? They lost their last game though so will be interesting to see if he plays now?

we bought sanchez, i saw that pretty much ended ccv as our next main CB. not ruling him out yet and of course the possibility of a squad player for the bench, but not one that poch really want now.

we bought sanchez, i saw that pretty much ended ccv as our next main CB. not ruling him out yet and of course the possibility of a squad player for the bench, but not one that poch really want now.

Unless Poch accidently sent him on loan, this is a very well thought out and pertinent point to make.

Well with Toby not appearing to want to sign a new contract and Verts also with not very long on his contract id say that CCV most definitely has a future at Spurs if he does well on loan this season. CCV is highly thought of by the club afaik.

Well with Toby not appearing to want to sign a new contract and Verts also with not very long on his contract id say that CCV most definitely has a future at Spurs if he does well on loan this season. CCV is highly thought of by the club afaik.

This. Toby might not be here next season, and we're probably uncertain about how much longer Verts will be at his peak for. Although CCV's right-footedness makes him a bit redundant in the latter case (Verts is left-footed, and we've *generally* preferred to play left-footed center-backs on the left of the three), he could conceivably fill a multitude of roles if he develops sufficiently at Sheffield United.

He could be a backup RCB while Dier replaces Toby. He could be a backup for Sanchez. If Toby stays, he could be a backup for both him and Sanchez while Dier moves permanently into defensive midfield. There's still space for him at the club, essentially. If we buy *another* right-sided centre-back, though, he is 100% gone. But not until then.

I don't think he was ever going to be our next main CB in the way Sanchez has been. He's slotted in quickly, performed well and pretty much made himself a part of the starting eleven in weeks/months. A 19 year old CCV just wasn't ever going to be that player at this point.

Buying Foyth is more one that has me questioning what the path to first team football is for CCV. Will have to do well on loan this season and perhaps go out on loan again next season.

Foyth and Ccv are the same age, however Foyth is new to the EPL so will need time to adjust. Good to have competition for event he young ones.

From what I've seen Foyths passing range is a better match with Sanchez. Hopefully he will beef up a bit more as he he develops... Can't see him challenging lukaku for headers now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Fapatalk

Foyth and Ccv are the same age, however Foyth is new to the EPL so will need time to adjust. Good to have competition for event he young ones.

From what I've seen Foyths passing range is a better match with Sanchez. Hopefully he will beef up a bit more as he he develops... Can't see him challenging lukaku for headers now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Fapatalk
Both will need to adjust to the PL. If they're both at the club next season the game time to do that will be hard to come by for at least one of them. I'm certain Pochettino has a good plan for it all.

Thought Foyth looked very strong in duels assist Carroll against West Ham, particularly in the first half. Looked like the stereotypical slightly smaller South American centre back that's fearless and stronger in the duels than his size would indicate.

Back