• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Camera help

swellsy

Kevin Scott
Hi all

Would appreciate help from anyone that know anything about cameras or has had a good experience with a camera that I am looking for..

Basically need

1) a point and click camera
2) can take good sports photos / action shots of football
3) er ... that's it really

Simpler the better..

high quality photos needed I guess.

Any brand... budget up to 400 quid I would guess.. willing to go higher if someone really recommended.... or much lower

Thanks geeks :)

No rush people... but if I could have say 3 suggestions by Wednesday that would be fantastic

Good to see everyone taking there time over this and not rushing to post rubbish...

Looking forward to everyone's suggestions

Good to see everyone taking there time over this and not rushing to post rubbish...

Looking forward to everyone's suggestions
If your budget is strict at about 400, I'd go for the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100, You might also find a cut price deal on the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II (newer version)
Those are EXCELLENT compact cameras with quality almost comparable to full size cameras. I would also recommend the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ80. Excellent camera as well, but the zoom lens on that camera requires more light/lower shutter speed. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 is comparable to the two Sony cameras and is priced right between them. All of these are excellent in "Auto" mode, but at the same time have enough functions for semi-professionals as well.

If your budget is strict at about 400, I'd go for the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100, You might also find a cut price deal on the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II (newer version)
Those are EXCELLENT compact cameras with quality almost comparable to full size cameras. I would also recommend the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ80. Excellent camera as well, but the zoom lens on that camera requires more light/lower shutter speed. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 is comparable to the two Sony cameras and is priced right between them. All of these are excellent in "Auto" mode, but at the same time have enough functions for semi-professionals as well.
That all sounds like massive overkill for taking photos under the doors of women's changing rooms.

I was going to suggest both of these makes too. Really good value and excellent picture quality. I haven't checked recently but will have a look now, Canon are doing some good things with their non-DSLR range. May not be as user friendly as these two though.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I shoot moving image as opposed to stills in the main, so not as clued up although shoot lots of live music on my 7d. Isn't @greatwhitenorf a pro photogramapher?

I was going to suggest both of these makes too. Really good value and excellent picture quality. I haven't checked recently but will have a look now, Canon are doing some good things with their non-DSLR range. May not be as user friendly as these two though.

But you didn't... so please can you recommend some others :)

Depending on how near to the action you are (and what level of quality is required), you could use a Go Pro - which would also be useful for other purposes.

OK people .... Wednesday 9pm (my local time).

Thank you to all those above that have submitted suggestions...

If the rest of you could please submit your suggestions in an orderly fashion that would be great.

Off to bed soon (3 kids who kill me) so looking forward to waking up tomorrow to a thread full of camera help.

You people are wonderful

Back