• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buy the dip.

If were in it for 5 years you will still end up way up.
I'm waiting for the carbon bubble to pop. It will be a disaster for the markets, the world economy, and geopolitics frankly, but it is inevitable. Divesting from anything fossil fuel-related is the smart move from what I'm hearing. Me, I only invest in things I can touch.

edit: Sorry I didn't read that properly. Do you mean if we are in a bear market for 5 years? If that is what you mean then the party is well and truly over. There will be no market to speak of.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the carbon bubble to pop. It will be a disaster for the markets, the world economy, and geopolitics frankly, but it is inevitable. Divesting from anything fossil fuel-related is the smart move from what I'm hearing. Me, I only invest things I can touch.

I would say the carbon bubble has a long way to pop. Not saying that a good thing. But too many have too much to lose. It's a 100 years away from popping.

I would say the carbon bubble has a long way to pop. Not saying that a good thing. But too many have too much to lose. It's a 100 years away from popping.
Unless we are talking about different things then I would have at max put a 10-year timescale on it. And even now it is false confidence and substantial subsidies that are propping up a lot of the market. If the fossil fuel industry is still churning away in 100 years' time then it will just be automation that someone forgot to turn off, and maybe that is because there is no one left to turn it off.

Last edited:
Unless we are talking about different things then I would have at max put a 10-year timescale on it. And even now it is false confidence and substantial subsidies that are propping up a lot of the market. If the fossil fuel industry is still churning away in 100 years' time then it will just be automation that someone forgot to turn off, and maybe that is because there is no one left to turn it off.

Im happy to say that you are smarter and more knowledgeable in this area than me, but in my estimate it will be 100 years before we stop burning fossil fuels completely. We are still burning coal after all.

Im happy to say that you are smarter and more knowledgeable in this area than me, but in my estimate it will be 100 years before we stop burning fossil fuels completely. We are still burning coal after all.
The perception created by the fossil fuel industry that it is still safe long/medium term investment has been manipulated by literally decades of industry propaganda. There is no long game in this space, but the message is so ingrained in our thinking now that we accept it as settled fact ('Drilled' is a good podcast on this).

edit:This article is a little old (in Trump years) but was widely lauded at the time, if you want to read a little more.
https://thenearlynow.com/the-smokestacks-come-tumbling-down-c03ba1294522

You think FTSE 100 will go much below 5,000?
I called 5000 but it's hard to know what's priced in already.......in fact it's impossible to know what or how to price in what's coming.

Some companies will be a bargain undoubtedly as their price has been dragged down with the general sell off.

We could easy see another 10%.

I called 5000 but it's hard to know what's priced in already.......in fact it's impossible to know what or how to price in what's coming.

Some companies will be a bargain undoubtedly as their price has been dragged down with the general sell off.

We could easy see another 10%.[/QUOTE]

Really? We are just at the start of this here. I'm thinking low 4s mid 3s

Think it is time to look at the coal industry.

Can see the government reopening mines in the uk as a quick way to jump start the economy when this is all over.

Back