• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport

scaramanga

Paul Miller
Staff member
So. They spent most of last season telling the world that they had the exclusive rights to the CL and the Wafer Cup and that BT Sport was only free to BT subscribers.

Yesterday I got an email telling me that the European matches are on a new channel, and (as a BT subscriber) I'll have to pay £5 per month to watch it.

Did anyone sign up to BT on the basis of getting these matches free? I'd be pretty tinkled off if I had.

I've had BT broadband for years and years... I can watch BT Sport on my laptop for free... so I then tried to watch that same TV channel on my TV and it doesn't work.

I phoned up and some Indian lady said I had to pay money to watch it on TV but I could watch it on my laptop... is that right?

It all seems a bit 90's for these companies like Sky and BT to still be trying to fleece everyone for an old fashioned TV service.

I was under the impression BT Europe is free for anyone with BT TV but anyone with BT Broadband wanting to watch it through their Sky box had to pay extra.
It will be interesting to see how much interest Sky take of the Champions League. Hopefully people will start to value the Europa a bit more now.

I was under the impression BT Europe is free for anyone with BT TV but anyone with BT Broadband wanting to watch it through their Sky box had to pay extra.
It will be interesting to see how much interest Sky take of the Champions League. Hopefully people will start to value the Europa a bit more now.

They have exclusive rights to the Europa too.

I know, but as Sky haven't had rights for it, it was Champions League or nothing with their coverage. Hopefully BT will try and raise Europa's profile a bit.

The advertising last season seemed to suggest that "BT customers" (I think most would assume broadband/phone etc) got it free.

I believe I need to pay £5 to get it free on my PC, unless I've massively misunderstood.

I think you're right, £5 PM to watch on the app or the net. Free if you've got a BT TV box I think. How much to add the basic BT TV thing to what you've already got?

I'm definitely switching to BT, can log into Sky using parent account for sky sports and claim broadband via work so will cost me £5 per month for everything. I don't think paying £5 a month for all CL, Europa, 38 prem games, several European leagues and other sports like UFC etc is massive though obviously poorly communicated if people thought it was free.

I just tried the BT Sport App on my iPad, it works fine.

So I wanted to 'throw' it over to my Samsung TV like you can with Youtube, but I don't think you can.

So I went into the web browser on my Samsung TV and BT Sport and it said I needed to download Silverlight.

I clicked to download that and it took me to Moon something or other for Unix... which didn't seem to work...

Why is it so hard to watch things in this day and age? I can't flippin stand all this BT nonsense.

BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.

BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.

BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.

BT also announced it will be launching a new Ultra HD channel in August, giving fans an outstanding viewing experience on BT Sport.

fudge! I recently upgraded my broadband to fibre optic (approx 60M speed, apparently).

However, i'm with PLUSNET. I have a BT phone though. It's one thing to not be able to watch CL and just see highlights (hey ho..); however it's totally another thing to not be able to watch Harry Kane on a Thursday night, even if it's vs FC Pigfarmer etc. Never mind me, i don't know what my son will do: he LOVES Harry Kane!

I've tied myself down to an 18 month contract and the annoying thing is that I suspect BT may have given me similar speed at similar cost but with the BT Sport package.

Is there any minimal package i can get with just me having a BT Phoneline?

:(

I've sacked it off for exactly this reason. Cant be arsed paying a fiver a month for it. Same rationale as when I sacked off Sky. How many Spurs games will be televsided that I won't be going to? Not enough to warrant the outlay. OK, you could say "it's only a fiver", but I've downgraded to the Lite package as a result.

BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.

BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.

BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.

BT also announced it will be launching a new Ultra HD channel in August, giving fans an outstanding viewing experience on BT Sport.

Grr this is exactly what I mean... How can it be "free" to customers who take BT TV? Why else would you take BT TV? Clare Balding's wit?

I've been with BT for broadband and calls for 20 years... Just show me the frickin football, I don't want to subscribe to some Bulls,hit channel.

Why does Bulls become capitalised on an iPad? Am I in America? Why did it change Grrr to 'agree'? Why did it change Grr to Gerry? I am not an American for forks sake.

Why does it not add apostrophes in the correct place? Stupid bloody iPad rubbish. I should take it back to my father in law and tell him how rude he was to buy it for my son.

And why is this text box being hidden by the keyboard? Forking rubbish. It is 2015 figs. Ffs not figs. Forking fork load of sh,ite

Back