• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Fernandes

If he goes to Utd it's all about the ££££s, a move to RM is a step forward, Utd is not.

I dont disagree.

Utd are a massive club, but they are also years from being properly competitive.

At 27, if he went there, he is really gambling on them making huge strides over the next few seasons.

EDIT: Weird thing is, Ive never had him down as a money motivated mercenary type

I'm not sure we want Eriksen playing well for them, hanging over us throughout the season.... Levy don't do this!

I can actually buy the idea that Eriksen just wants a change of scenery. 6 years at the same club, from 22-28, with a similar level of achievement over the last 4 years (top 4 and no trophy), playing virtually every game - I can understand if he just fancies something new. And that United would give him that.

Especially as we've never given him his own song. (80% joking).

I dont disagree.

Utd are a massive club, but they are also years from being properly competitive.

At 27, if he went there, he is really gambling on them making huge strides over the next few seasons.

EDIT: Weird thing is, Ive never had him down as a money motivated mercenary type

They've just shored up their defence with Maguire and Wan Bissaka and that alone, will be a big threat to our top four ambitions..

If he goes there he will make them even better, of that I have no doubts..We can't strengthen them like this, will be madness to do so..

They've just shored up their defence with Maguire and Wan Bissaka and that alone, will be a big threat to our top four ambitions..

If he goes there he will make them even better, of that I have no doubts..We can't strengthen them like this, will be madness to do so..

I question just how much AWB and Maguire improve their defence, to be honest.

I dont think Maguire is a vastly better DEFENDER than what they have. His improvement comes in the way he brings the ball out (so an upgrade on what Matic will offer?) but defensively I dont see him as significant.

AWB I think is a much better defender than Young, so thats an imrovement. But Young is far better going forward, which will be a loss to them.

They have lost Herrera, a total brick bag but one youd want in your side. So their midfield options are Matic/Pogba/Fred/McTominay

Add Eriksen to the mix, and Ive no doubt he offers them a lot - but I dont see them suddenly pulling a team out of the hat that is a massive threat compared to last year.

They will also be a striker down as well, having exiled Lukaku. So its Rashford/Martial/Linguard to fire them to glory. Not sure how good Eriksen has to be to make those guys all get the goals...

I question just how much AWB and Maguire improve their defence, to be honest.

I dont think Maguire is a vastly better DEFENDER than what they have. His improvement comes in the way he brings the ball out (so an upgrade on what Matic will offer?) but defensively I dont see him as significant.

AWB I think is a much better defender than Young, so thats an imrovement. But Young is far better going forward, which will be a loss to them.

They have lost Herrera, a total brick bag but one youd want in your side. So their midfield options are Matic/Pogba/Fred/McTominay

Add Eriksen to the mix, and Ive no doubt he offers them a lot - but I dont see them suddenly pulling a team out of the hat that is a massive threat compared to last year.

They will also be a striker down as well, having exiled Lukaku. So its Rashford/Martial/Linguard to fire them to glory. Not sure how good Eriksen has to be to make those guys all get the goals...

You've made some good points but for me their new signings in defence will be a substantial benefit to them ...Their defending these past few seasons has been poor, both from a deep position and when pushing forward, and De Gea has been overworked ..How successive managers of theirs, have depended on both Smalling and Jones for so long is anyone's guess.

If both stay fit, Lindelof and Maguire will form as good a central pairing as any in the PL and as you say, this will allow them to press forward.. Someone of Eriksen's creative ability will be the addition they need ..

You've made some good points but for me their new signings in defence will be a substantial benefit to them ...Their defending these past few seasons has been poor, both from a deep position and when pushing forward, and De Gea has been overworked ..How successive managers of theirs, have depended on both Smalling and Jones for so long is anyone's guess.

If both stay fit, Lindelof and Maguire will form as good a central pairing as any in the PL and as you say, this will allow them to press forward.. Someone of Eriksen's creative ability will be the addition they need ..

While Ive no desire to talk up their defenders (mostly average IMHO), I think a bit like us last year - midfield was the greater issue.

Where we had no Wanyama/Dier/Dembele in midfield teams were able to just run at our defence, and cut through it regularly. Despite Vertonghen and Alderweireld being arguably the best CB pairing in the league.

I genuinely do not see any combination of Lindelof/Maguire/Smalling/Jones as game changing, I really dont. I think Maguire brings something to the table, but anyone expecting an impact like VVD at Liverpool (is at least credited with) will be left looking silly IMHO.

Eriksen does add to their midfield, no question about it. BUT - does he add enough? Do they have the right players to get the best of him? Is OGS going to play him in a way that best suits him?

I said the other day - I can see a case for the argument of yet another player not looking as good outside of Poch/Pochs system. Particularly with a rather basic looking manager like OGS.

While Ive no desire to talk up their defenders (mostly average IMHO), I think a bit like us last year - midfield was the greater issue.

Where we had no Wanyama/Dier/Dembele in midfield teams were able to just run at our defence, and cut through it regularly. Despite Vertonghen and Alderweireld being arguably the best CB pairing in the league.

I genuinely do not see any combination of Lindelof/Maguire/Smalling/Jones as game changing, I really dont. I think Maguire brings something to the table, but anyone expecting an impact like VVD at Liverpool (is at least credited with) will be left looking silly IMHO.

Eriksen does add to their midfield, no question about it. BUT - does he add enough? Do they have the right players to get the best of him? Is OGS going to play him in a way that best suits him?

I said the other day - I can see a case for the argument of yet another player not looking as good outside of Poch/Pochs system. Particularly with a rather basic looking manager like OGS.

Matic/Pogba/Fred/McTominay is not a great midfield but a decent one and when shored up by a good defence behind them will improve..They will be hard to beat and have the ammunition upfront to hurt teams ...An Eriksen type player is what they're missing to link it all together.

As things stand, I think it's a dangerous game to be selling a player of Eriksen's ability and PL experience to them ...Poch's know how against OGS's, then fair enough we're ahead but as I'm concerned, we're not so far ahead of them as some seem to believe.

Matic/Pogba/Fred/McTominay is not a great midfield but a decent one and when shored up by a good defence behind them will improve..They will be hard to beat and have the ammunition upfront to hurt teams ...An Eriksen type player is what they're missing to link it all together.

As things stand, I think it's a dangerous game to be selling a player of Eriksen's ability and PL experience to them ...Poch's know how against OGS's, then fair enough we're ahead but as I'm concerned, we're not so far ahead of them as some seem to believe.

But this is my point. You assume their defence is shored up.

As I say though:
A) I question just how much it has improved and
B) I think the midfield was the bigger problem in their defensive issues, not their defenders.

They have the same poor midfield in front of them, less Herrera (probably one of the only players stopping teams running through).

And we know Eriksen isnt going to make them more solid. We also know Pogba is going to go walk about, and McTominay/Fred are going to be the only ones trying to hold things together.

Eriksen improves their attack, but how much? Rashford and Martial are as streaky as can be. Mata not really a goalscorer. Linguard not really a footballer.

And thats before the inevitable transition involved in bedding in so many players and trying to get OGS's ideas (whatever they are?) into the side.

Eriksen or no Eriksen, I really dont see Utd making huge strides this season.

As I say though:
B) I think the midfield was the bigger problem in their defensive issues, not their defenders.

They have the same poor midfield in front of them, less Herrera (probably one of the only players stopping teams running through).

And we know Eriksen isnt going to make them more solid. We also know Pogba is going to go walk about, and McTominay/Fred are going to be the only ones trying to hold things together.

Eriksen improves their attack, but how much? Rashford and Martial are as streaky as can be. Mata not really a goalscorer. Linguard not really a footballer.

And thats before the inevitable transition involved in bedding in so many players and trying to get OGS's ideas (whatever they are?) into the side.

Maybe not huge strides but it’s not a leap to think they may be slightly better than last season. I see us getting somewhere between 75 - 85 points if we don’t get too many injuries. Don’t see us challenging for the title as I think pool and Emirates Marketing Project will be too strong for us again. We’ll be battling for 3rd/4th again in my opinion.

As I say though:

Okay we will have to see how it pans out.. I'd rather we don't sell CE to them and I'm saying no more as @nayenezgani has pointed out, the thread is all about Bruno, who out of all our remaining targets I hope the most, we sign ...

Maybe not huge strides but it’s not a leap to think they may be slightly better than last season. I see us getting somewhere between 75 - 85 points if we don’t get too many injuries. Don’t see us challenging for the title as I think pool and Emirates Marketing Project will be too strong for us again. We’ll be battling for 3rd/4th again in my opinion.

As things stand Ive got us for second.

City, Us, Liverpool. These are the stable teams who will be able to play consistently all season.

Then Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd tooth and nail for 4th. And, perhaps a little out there, Everton in the mix. Not to say Everton will get 4th, but being in the fight will drag the other three down a bit to our benefit.

I never argued Utd wouldnt be improved. I do think though it is a much smaller step on than people predict. Look at it bigger picture with them, if you were a fan youd be thinking they might have an outside chance of 4th but honestly looking at a 3-4 year rebuild. Their squad is all over the place and the manager is yet to even imprint any personality or system on the team.

And, if they do get Eriksen in - as we have seen - he wont be doing anything alone. He will need the right set up and players around him to really be effective. Otherwise he will be hard working and professional but not necessarily that impactful.

Okay we will have to see how it pans out.. I'd rather we don't sell CE to them and I'm saying no more as @nayenezgani has pointed out, the thread is all about Bruno, who out of all our remaining targets I hope the most, we sign ...

Fair enough, time will tell of course. Im hardly in favour of selling them Eriksen, Im just not against it if the alternative is losing him for free.

Fernandes? I dont know enough of to really judge, but everything I have seen/read really is quite exciting.

I think, in all honesty, if we were presented at the beginning of the summer the option to get in NDombele, Lo Celso and Fernandes - but at the cost of losing Eriksen - that most people would be in favour.

:eek:

All good points but no Jurgen , noooooo!!!:eek:

Fair enough, time will tell of course. Im hardly in favour of selling them Eriksen, Im just not against it if the alternative is losing him for free.

Fernandes? I dont know enough of to really judge, but everything I have seen/read really is quite exciting.

I think, in all honesty, if we were presented at the beginning of the summer the option to get in NDombele, Lo Celso and Fernandes - but at the cost of losing Eriksen - that most people would be in favour.

Another thing to consider, us selling Eriksen to them allows them to do a possible deal with Madrid for Pogba..

Ooops soz @nayenezgani....Honestly, that's my final say on them Utd clams...:cool:

Another thing to consider, us selling Eriksen to them allows them to do a possible deal with Madrid for Pogba..

Ooops soz @nayenezgani....Honestly, that's my final say on them Utd clams...:cool:

I did think that too, though Im not sure how that leaves them any better off.

Even off form Pogba is their best player. And when he wants to play he can drag that team to results in a way Eriksen never has.

As things stand Ive got us for second.

City, Us, Liverpool. These are the stable teams who will be able to play consistently all season.

Then Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd tooth and nail for 4th. And, perhaps a little out there, Everton in the mix. Not to say Everton will get 4th, but being in the fight will drag the other three down a bit to our benefit.

I never argued Utd wouldnt be improved. I do think though it is a much smaller step on than people predict. Look at it bigger picture with them, if you were a fan youd be thinking they might have an outside chance of 4th but honestly looking at a 3-4 year rebuild. Their squad is all over the place and the manager is yet to even imprint any personality or system on the team.

And, if they do get Eriksen in - as we have seen - he wont be doing anything alone. He will need the right set up and players around him to really be effective. Otherwise he will be hard working and professional but not necessarily that impactful.

I’m curious as to how you think we’re going to leapfrog a team that was 27 points ahead of us last season. I think they’ve a fairly average/poor window but they’ve also not needed to do as much as us and we’ve only signed one player. I don’t think they will topple Emirates Marketing Project but I don’t think any team will and Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project for me are the two best teams in Europe, two of the top 3 at worst if you add Barca to the mix

Back