• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Fernandes

I honestly don't know with this one. GLC seems to have been the one that we have wanted from the start of the window whilst only flirting with the idea of this guy. Either Eriksen is off and this guy is coming in along with GLC or we have have completely given up on Poch's preferred target. Unlike the Dybala rumours, this seems to actually be way more out in the open, making it seem a lot more likely.

I honestly don't know with this one. GLC seems to have been the one that we have wanted from the start of the window whilst only flirting with the idea of this guy. Either Eriksen is off and this guy is coming in along with GLC or we have have completely given up on Poch's preferred target. Unlike the Dybala rumours, this seems to actually be way more out in the open, making it seem a lot more likely.
I think he's the no deal brexit option. We throw around the suggestion to give ourselves leverage for other options. But we may also end up with him by default

This is effectively off now as far as I'm concerned.

Super agent Jorge Mendes is now involved in the transfer.
That will increase the price and Levy never buys players when these types of characters are involved.
Mendes was the one that pulled the Moutinho transfer at the last minute.

Supposedly Real are now interested and Mendes also has links to Atletico who might see Fernandes as a better option than James.
Mendes also has long term links to United going back to the original Ronaldo transfer.

Back to the drawing board.

The difference is that Celso wasn't great in a poor league, then excelled in the strongest league in the world; whereas Fernandes struggled in an elite league, the bullied a backwater league. And Celso is younger

Strongest league in the world? Like seriously?

Fernandes and Lo Celso are almost identical, as far as playing styles go.

Put them anywhere in midfield, and they'll do a good job - they excel in almost every role. They're not pacy, but they make up for it by having immense amounts of stamina and good technical abilities to escape the press. They're creative midfielders, and they like to dictate play.

If there's a difference, it's in their histories and the intangible things. Lo Celso was a surprising success in Ligue 1 in a defensive midfield position, and then also succeeded at Betis playing all across attacking midfield (and at No.9).

Fernandes struggled in Italy in his early years, and only really exploded once he returned to Sporting Lisbon. But when I say exploded, I mean exploded - Sporting fans I know are *adamant* that he was literally the only reason they finished as high as they did, and his massive goals + assists figures bear that out.

Lo Celso is worryingly one-footed, and Fernandes is two-footed. And Lo Celso isn't really a set-pieces sort of guy, while Fernandes definitely is.

Either would fill an Eriksen-shaped hole. Both would give us a very strong midfield, even if Eriksen left.

We'll see how it goes, and if Levy manages to stop being a cheapskate for long enough to get at least one of them over the f*cking line.

My understanding is that sporting have to pay Bruno 5m regardless of anyone else bidding as they haven't accepted it. So they now have to either accept a bid or not sell him and pay him 5m. They are clearly holding out for more money but either way now it appears they legally have to pay 5m.

£41m sounds like a very reasonable price in the current market - there's teams paying £20m for unheard of players from the Championship.

If we could get him for that, then I could understand us turning our attentions away from GLC, who would seem to have been first choice given the amount of time we seem to have spent chasing him.

Would be nice if the euros we save on not buying GLC could then go towards a back-up CF

Seems like a player who loves life in Portugal. If no other clubs are in for him could be a bargain. He also maybe brings something fresh to us. LeCelso a faster Alli. Fernandes more of a Lampard type?

LeCelso would fit into the group easier with Poch his countryman.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Fernandes and Lo Celso are almost identical, as far as playing styles go.

Put them anywhere in midfield, and they'll do a good job - they excel in almost every role. They're not pacy, but they make up for it by having immense amounts of stamina and good technical abilities to escape the press. They're creative midfielders, and they like to dictate play.

If there's a difference, it's in their histories and the intangible things. Lo Celso was a surprising success in Ligue 1 in a defensive midfield position, and then also succeeded at Betis playing all across attacking midfield (and at No.9).

Fernandes struggled in Italy in his early years, and only really exploded once he returned to Sporting Lisbon. But when I say exploded, I mean exploded - Sporting fans I know are *adamant* that he was literally the only reason they finished as high as they did, and his massive goals + assists figures bear that out.

Lo Celso is worryingly one-footed, and Fernandes is two-footed. And Lo Celso isn't really a set-pieces sort of guy, while Fernandes definitely is.

Either would fill an Eriksen-shaped hole. Both would give us a very strong midfield, even if Eriksen left.

We'll see how it goes, and if Levy manages to stop being a cheapskate for long enough to get at least one of them over the f*cking line.

Really interesting until the final paragraph.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1157945472113401856

Hotspur Hacker on twitter says -

Spurs are close to reaching an agreement for midfielder Bruno Fernandes after spending the better part of Saturday in talks with Sporting over a deal. (O Jogo)

Fernandes is set to play his final match for Sporting in the Portuguese Super Cup today ahead of a possible departure.

Last edited:
Or a de Gea worldie, for that matter.

But at least that was a Premier League fixture. So in spite of it being a very fortunate victory for United, they did win an official match. But I think we would be favourites in a neutral venue, against Solskjaer’s United, for an official match and a lot of that comes down to Pochettino.

Back