• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Fernandes

Similar sort of money.

I agree, either/or between those two - dont see the connection with N'Dombele.

Personally I suspect the interest in Fernandes is negotiation tactics for Lo Celso - it seems he is the favoured target.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/portugal-tottenham-official-lisbon-negotiate-signing-bruno-fernandes/

From Portugal: Tottenham official in Lisbon to negotiate signing of Bruno Fernandes
By Lucas Sposito -

1st August 2019

Tottenham Hotspur have sent an emissary to Lisbon so they can negotiate a deal to sign Bruno Fernandes from Sporting, according to the Portuguese media.

Portugal’s public service broadcaster RTP says the Spurs’ official will negotiate the transfer directly with Lions’ president Frederico Varandas.

It’s still not known how much the Premier League side will offer for the midfielder, and it’s claimed Sporting have already made it known that they aren’t accepting less than €65m.

A few minutes after RTP’s news came out, O Jogo said they’ve managed to confirm the information. Then they add Tottenham recently made a bid of €45m (presumably verbal) via the player’s agent, Miguel Pinho, which was turned down.

RTP still add that Manchester United have been interested in signing the Sporting captain as well, but the Red Devils have not made a concrete move for the transfer so far.

As we’ve said at Sport Witness a few times, it had always been strange the news about Bruno Fernandes would always wait for the morning newspapers to come out. This time, however, it seems something urgent is finally happening.

It’s worth noting that RTP haven’t really been involved in the saga, and that earlier this week they had direct quotes from Sporting dismissing Italian claims that a move to Manchester United was close.

The Sporting midfielder is conceivably an alternative to Betis’ Giovani Lo Celso for Tottenham.

I had Fernandes down as a more attacking player than Lo Celso, so would instead be an alternative to Dybala (if our interest there is even genuine)?

Are we really interested? Are we just fudging with Utd? Are Lisbon using us to get Utd to pay up?! Is this a ploy to get Betis to sell lo celso!? Find out next week!

I have to admit I know very little about Fernandes, not a player Ive paid much attention to, Lisbon not a team I watch at all...

So Ive had a little read up on him, and he sounds very much like a direct Eriksen replacement.

At £65m, as reported, I think that would effectively be a straight swap in for a departing Eriksen.

Perhaps after their abysmal showing in pre season, Madrid have decided to go for Eriksen?

Completely my own flimflam logic, but as the article above states it seems a bit odd the urgency with which this has come up.

Im wondering if the dominoes are starting to fall so moves get made...

If we're going for both Fernandes and Lo Celso it seems likely that Eriksen is indeed off.

I have to admit I know very little about Fernandes, not a player Ive paid much attention to, Lisbon not a team I watch at all...

So Ive had a little read up on him, and he sounds very much like a direct Eriksen replacement.

At £65m, as reported, I think that would effectively be a straight swap in for a departing Eriksen.

Perhaps after their abysmal showing in pre season, Madrid have decided to go for Eriksen?

Completely my own flimflam logic, but as the article above states it seems a bit odd the urgency with which this has come up.

Honestly from what I’ve seen of him he looks very good but also very similar to Le Celso

Maybe we're sending a rep out there incase the Lo Celso transfer hits stalemate (not many days left).

Watched a bit of Fernandes. Seems a bit more direct than Lo Celso, gets into a lot of goal scoring positions, seems to have a knack of where they might occur. Takes long shots. Good on dead balls.

I would be absolutely amazed if we spent 200m on 3 x CM/ACM.

Honestly from what I’ve seen of him he looks very good but also very similar to Le Celso

Fair enough.

As I say, I have VERY limited exposure to both, so really cant speak with any real authority.

Lo Celso looked to me more like an CM, box to box type, who can do a job further forward.

Fernandes looks very much in the mould of Eriksen, sits between the lines and does the business - but definitely offensive, not much of a defender...

Fair enough.

As I say, I have VERY limited exposure to both, so really cant speak with any real authority.

Lo Celso looked to me more like an CM, box to box type, who can do a job further forward.

Fernandes looks very much in the mould of Eriksen, sits between the lines and does the business - but definitely offensive, not much of a defender...

See I haven’t seen much at all do Le Celso other than highlight reels
And from them he looks to be an attacking mid to me
Fernandez I’ve seen playing for his country and he looks a player at that level

See I haven’t seen much at all do Le Celso I the Ethan highlight reels
And from them he looks to be an attacking mid to me
Fernandez I’ve seen playing for his country and he looks a player at that level

If I can find them, Ill dig out the statsbomb charts for him.

Essentially he played as CM at PSG and did a damn good job.

The moved to a more attacking CM role and did a damn good job.

Though Ive seen him criticised for underperforming as a RWF type player for Argentina at the Copa America.

Short version, seems to be, he is a bloody good and versatile CM.

Sportswitness say Lisbon won't accept less than 65m and Hotspur says we'll go up to 70m, you couldn't make it up could you.

If I can find them, Ill dig out the statsbomb charts for him.

Essentially he played as CM at PSG and did a damn good job.

The moved to a more attacking CM role and did a damn good job.

Though Ive seen him criticised for underperforming as a RWF type player for Argentina at the Copa America.

Short version, seems to be, he is a bloody good and versatile CM.

See that’s the opposite of what I read, in that when he played CM at PSG he didn’t shine, hence why they loaned him out

But I never saw him play there

Seems odd we would go that high for him and not someone we have spent the summer chasing

If true

Was reported at the beginning of June we were after him, I think it's been a case of him or Lo Celso and the Lo Celso has come to an impasse so the Fernandes deal has been "reignited" to push Betis in to movement.

See that’s the opposite of what I read, in that when he played CM at PSG he didn’t shine, hence why they loaned him out

But I never saw him play there

Its PSG, seems like he wasnt Neymar superstar enough - its not like regular logic applies at these doped clubs.

Everything I read (and I reiterate "read", I didnt see him either) says he did a very good job for his first season there - and the stats certainly support it.

Back