• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolt.cd

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Anybody else use this site, nothing has updated since the 29/05 on there for me, but can't find anywhere any information as to whether it's down

streaming has completely taken over from downloading for me - can't remember the last time i downloaded anything

streaming has completely taken over from downloading for me - can't remember the last time i downloaded anything

That fine for old stuff.
But its almost impossible to avoid spoilers from current shows.
I see spoilers from big shows I don't even watch.
If you are following a show you need to be download the torrent to watch the show as soon as possible.

I tried to sign in for the first time in about 6 months a couple of days a go but instead I was greeted with login errors.

That fine for old stuff.
But its almost impossible to avoid spoilers from current shows.
I see spoilers from big shows I don't even watch.
If you are following a show you need to be download the torrent to watch the show as soon as possible.

where do the spoilers come from if you're just streaming an episode of a show?

I need to buy a dedicated NAS. Any recommendations @scaramanga
I've been doing some research into this for my parents.

It turns out that if you don't mind tinkering a bit you can build a far better one yourself for the same price as one off the shelf - especially if you want something with a bit more grunt.

If all you want is something to hold and index your files then it's as easy to buy off the shelf. What will you use it for?

I've been doing some research into this for my parents.

It turns out that if you don't mind tinkering a bit you can build a far better one yourself for the same price as one off the shelf - especially if you want something with a bit more grunt.

If all you want is something to hold and index your files then it's as easy to buy off the shelf. What will you use it for?

I wanted to store all my media and share it across all my devices via plex or xbmc

also might do CCTV stuff on it also

i do want about about 8TB

was unsure of whether to go qnap, synology, build my own and use freenas

so much conflicting information

Storage and CCTV are pretty non-taxing on the hardware so you'd be as well off with a cheap Synology (best IMO for home use).

Do any of your devices require Plex to encode on the fly? What about XBMC's data and scraping - do the clients do that or do you share a mySQL db on the host?

Any of the more demanding stuff ends up creating a massive jump in cost ftom Synology or Qnap. Bear in mind I've only been setting up test rigs to this point, but I found the following:

• Ubuntu with webmin is far more flexible than FreeNAS
  • Ubuntu runs lighter than FreeNAS
  • Ubuntu with webmin is UGLY. If non-techies will be using it then probably better to go with FreeNAS
I ended up going with Ubuntu and installing everything manually (NFS, Plex, webmin, etc) because I wanted to sync photos to Google Drive (not available on FreeNAS) and I wanted the option of having a couple of TV cards plugged in and running DVBLink server (also not supported on FreeNAS).

Storage and CCTV are pretty non-taxing on the hardware so you'd be as well off with a cheap Synology (best IMO for home use).

Do any of your devices require Plex to encode on the fly? What about XBMC's data and scraping - do the clients do that or do you share a mySQL db on the host?

Any of the more demanding stuff ends up creating a massive jump in cost ftom Synology or Qnap. Bear in mind I've only been setting up test rigs to this point, but I found the following:

• Ubuntu with webmin is far more flexible than FreeNAS
  • Ubuntu runs lighter than FreeNAS
  • Ubuntu with webmin is UGLY. If non-techies will be using it then probably better to go with FreeNAS
I ended up going with Ubuntu and installing everything manually (NFS, Plex, webmin, etc) because I wanted to sync photos to Google Drive (not available on FreeNAS) and I wanted the option of having a couple of TV cards plugged in and running DVBLink server (also not supported on FreeNAS).

I think a cheap Synology would do it for my needs, but the geek in me would want to go the Ubuntu with webmin (hadn't looked at this before your post) just because it would be a nice project.

I think a cheap Synology would do it for my needs, but the geek in me would want to go the Ubuntu with webmin (hadn't looked at this before your post) just because it would be a nice project.
It's the most flexible solution. Being "proper" Linux it's far more compatible with most hardware and allows for custom scripts written by nerds like the Google sync.

Back