• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bloody British Airways

My Mrs tonight :

Tomorrow can you go to Costco and massively stock up and bulk buy as I think by this time next week all the shops will be shut and people will be starving

FML

Face masks are often worn as a courtesy by the wearer when they have a cold or flu, to lessen the risk of infecting you if they were to cough or sneeze in your vicinity.

It’s not all about them accusing you of having something and them needing to protect themselves from you!

Shhhhh let the old fudge rant.

My Mrs tonight :

Tomorrow can you go to Costco and massively stock up and bulk buy as I think by this time next week all the shops will be shut and people will be starving

FML

Did you manage to convince her she was being mental or did you end up going!?

My Mrs tonight :

FML

Tell her that the second and third wave are likely to be larger than the first, with the third wave being the worst as it coincides with next winter's flu season.

Now the whole 'flight voucher' thing from BA really is a load of turd.

We were off to Barbados for 19 nights this coming Monday but had realised the last 2/3 weeks that it probably won't be happening. brick happens, disappointing but no biggie.

The FCO have pretty much banned any foreign travel so taking a flight or your airline operating a flight is pretty much not happening.

But anyone with flights booked have been offered to change to another date (free of charge but pay for any difference in price) or accept a voucher to spend at another time of your choice (but with a 12 month expiry!).

Initially due to the obvious circumstances I thought everyone would be offered a refund option as any forward travel planning is pretty fruitless as well. Many many people have complained about this.

Luckily, after nosing around the internet, someone advised to hold on (as the offer of a voucher was open until check in closed) to see if your flight was actually cancelled as this would open up them having to offer you a full refund. Tonight the email dropped to say just that. So that's good BUT for people that already accepted the voucher option they are now stuck with that as BA considers their position resolved.

I know why they're doing it...IAG are staring down the barrel...but it's brick.

I must say AirBnB have been first class as even with short notice cancellations they have refunded 100% of the accommodation fee Inc their service fee. Just one click and it's all dealt with.

All airlines are doing the same and most hotels etc too.
It's fair enough - you are not getting any booking for a while, but if you have future bookings you can get banks to give a loan, possibly.

I have had one tour operator give a 110% credit, valid for two years. I'm ok with that, they seek large enough to survive - fingers crossed. Their costs are an admin office and then costs of running the tours, which only exist when they run. So they can probably afford to stay static for a while.
Airline seem more precariously. I'm hoping Thai Airways are going to play ball easily, but if not it'll be a credit card claim.

Luckily, after nosing around the internet, someone advised to hold on (as the offer of a voucher was open until check in closed) to see if your flight was actually cancelled as this would open up them having to offer you a full refund. Tonight the email dropped to say just that. So that's good BUT for people that already accepted the voucher option they are now stuck with that as BA considers their position resolved.

Thanks for that. I've been trying to find a hidden refund button on the website and I've been too lazy to phone them and stay on hold.. I'll just wait it out then which is my preferred lazy option anyway.

Now the whole 'flight voucher' thing from BA really is a load of turd.

We were off to Barbados for 19 nights this coming Monday but had realised the last 2/3 weeks that it probably won't be happening. brick happens, disappointing but no biggie.

The FCO have pretty much banned any foreign travel so taking a flight or your airline operating a flight is pretty much not happening.

But anyone with flights booked have been offered to change to another date (free of charge but pay for any difference in price) or accept a voucher to spend at another time of your choice (but with a 12 month expiry!).

Initially due to the obvious circumstances I thought everyone would be offered a refund option as any forward travel planning is pretty fruitless as well. Many many people have complained about this.

I know why they're doing it...IAG are staring down the barrel...but it's brick.

I must say AirBnB have been first class as even with short notice cancellations they have refunded 400% of the accommodation fee Inc their service fee. Just one click and it's all dealt with.

AirB&B hasn’t for longer term cancellations. We prepaid for a house near Bilbao for a week in August, that doesn’t seem to be covered except for the owner’s 50% refund offer. She’s fine to move it to next year though, which there’s no reason not to do.

We've been fully refunded for our Euro Disney trip
Our Eurostar tickets though, they want to give an e-voucher to be used by next March

Thanks for that. I've been trying to find a hidden refund button on the website and I've been too lazy to phone them and stay on hold.. I'll just wait it out then which is my preferred lazy option anyway.
Looks like BA are now on effective 'lockdown' on giving refunds even for flights they have cancelled. The refund button has been removed on cancelled flights and the only route is to phone them which by all reports is an impossible task.

I know they want to keep YOUR money in their system BUT i'd hazard a guess that many people/families want it back as there may well be food to buy, bills to pay. Its ugly and wrong.

Looks like BA are now on effective 'lockdown' on giving refunds even for flights they have cancelled. The refund button has been removed on cancelled flights and the only route is to phone them which by all reports is an impossible task.

I know they want to keep YOUR money in their system BUT i'd hazard a guess that many people/families want it back as there may well be food to buy, bills to pay. Its ugly and wrong.
Situations like this are a good barometer of who you can trust when brick hits the fan.

Also the repatriation stories are pretty sickening as well. Brits stuck in all kinds of places, with reports that other countries are successfully getting the job done.

Part of the not refunding flights is effecting these people as well, as their flight back has been cancelled but they can't get the money to help re-book or even give them more funds to help stay/eat where they are.

Modern tech should be helping these people but thru all channels they are just not getting no help/information from gov/embassy etc

In these times it should be easy to get a list/group together of whom is stuck.

And there must be a fleet of aircraft just collecting dust at the moment.....effing use them.

THe issue is some have to lock down like those in infected hostels

The worlds not perfect and some are going to have to dig in there a little, sounds cold but thats the circumstance of the times we are in, its like nothing before so no point striving for utopia

THe issue is some have to lock down like those in infected hostels

The worlds not perfect and some are going to have to dig in there a little, sounds cold but thats the circumstance of the times we are in, its like nothing before so no point striving for utopia
If All being equal, it must be tough watching those around you from other countries being repatriated though?

If All being equal, it must be tough watching those around you from other countries being repatriated though?

100% I agree but I think there will be victims of the consequences rather than being hard done by. This situation is causing their issues not decisions by countries and airlines.

400% I agree but I think there will be victims of the consequences rather than being hard done by. This situation is causing their issues not decisions by countries and airlines.
Their situation is only resolved by their country (ie government).

And their situation includes, no accomodation, limited funds, no return flight, potentially visa issues and no idea how long it may go on for.

Modern communication is what we do have, and many aeroplanes doing nothing. It can't be that hard for the foreign office to ascertain numbers and charter a plane even if it needs to discuss landing at a overseas airport that's in lockdown. All countries will be wanting to repatriate nationals so the conversation should be fluid.

I know stories can be anecdotal BUT they're not looking for utopia just a line of communication that help is on its way even if it's a week away.

If you had a teenage daughter backpacking round Indo it would be a worry, and you have to be minded that in these situations many people aren't streetwise and can't think outside the box to help themselves.

Back