• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bitcoin

I got mine of of Plus500

Search NEO.

It’s dipped a lot since yesterday, i made a few quid yesterday by making small frequent trades.
Put a bit on again yesterday and it’s dropped a lot today.
Pretty volatile mate, and the “rumours” may just be that. I was hoping it would pick up a bit by now, but am holding whatever happens. Haven’t risked enough to change my life if it goes brick or bust.

goes up and down like..

e9c05984ae07ea7a77ab72bc68a3fa63.gif

Ethereum is flying this week - just broke the $400 mark which has led to a big decrease the past few times. Took a bit out just in case but looking good.

I bought one ethereum for like £300, or maybe $300 a while back so pleased to hear it's climbing.

Got 0.3 of a bitcoin for £1000 a few months ago now and it's climbed to £1800, tempted to buy a bit more!

That attractive, fulsome, young lady above seems very excited at the Bitcoin phenonomen, and I wish her no ill whatsoever.
But a few more posts will stop her appearing on my screen at work when I click on the thread.

Is Bitcoin having a surge at the moment? A few mates who have invested are getting giddy and I'm getting itchy about missing out...

I think bitcoin is gonna keep growing. It's still not 'mainstream'. Next time there's any sort of 'crash' I intend to buy a bit more.

One thing that really intrigues me is that since it's free from any government people can turn to it in times of strife. Apparently it has spiked in Zimbabwe, if your economy is tanking it might actually be safer to have your money in bitcoin.

So my plan is to hold my bitcoin until at least after brexit as the gbp will go down, at least in the short term.

I also have a plan involving stuffing my mattress with thousands of pounds worth of euros.

Ethereum is flying at the moment also - Got a few LiteCoin last week just to try and get a bit off the rising tide, this is short term for me (sell if it gets to 100USD +30%),

Tempted to buy a couple of newer coins with some of the profit - got an idea or two and I think its worth taking the punt.

Has anyone on here turned some/all bitcoin back into substantial amounts of fiat currency to take profits?

Has anyone on here turned some/all bitcoin back into substantial amounts of fiat currency to take profits?
Depens what you mean by substantial, not Bitcoin but Ethereum - took a couple of grand - £750 in cash and the rest to put into other coins.

What method did you use to convert your crypto back into fiat r-u-s-x? I'm unsure of the best value/most convenient way to do it.

Also, is this a bubble? I figure that if Bitcoin is here to stay it will plateau eventually, maybe it will find it's level below it's current valuation, but it's still not been widely taken up by the average joe on the street. It has the potential to be as important as gold to the global economy. I reckon it will keep growing for now, especially if it's proving as important as suggested in venezuela (where the local currency has tanked) and Zimbabwe.

I've still got some Bitcoin, but i'm tinkled off, as i tightened up my trailing stop losses this morning, and went to tight, triggering the sale. Moments later it rocketed up. I'm just going to hold the small amount i have now.
There's definately going to be some uncertainty after the 18th December when Wall street get involved on the Futures market..

What method did you use to convert your crypto back into fiat r-u-s-x? I'm unsure of the best value/most convenient way to do it.

Also, is this a bubble? I figure that if Bitcoin is here to stay it will plateau eventually, maybe it will find it's level below it's current valuation, but it's still not been widely taken up by the average joe on the street. It has the potential to be as important as gold to the global economy. I reckon it will keep growing for now, especially if it's proving as important as suggested in venezuela (where the local currency has tanked) and Zimbabwe.

I used Kraken to trade from coin to EUR (they don't do ETH/GBP) and then SEPA to the bank account - took about 2 days. ETH/EUR currently €359.70 and then the banks Exchange rate for EUR/GBP.

I think both, its defiantly a bubble and think it will pop in the medium term, but BTC it will level out a lot higher than it is in the future.

From a personal level the huge rise in Bitcoin tinkles me off, up about 90% in 7 months or so on ETH and a few ALT coins. Thought I was clever investing in the next Bitcoin but BTC is up about 500% in the same time. And now all the money is flooding to BTC so even my other stuff is falling.

I've got 1 eth as well. I bought an offline hardware wallet as the thought of being hacked terrifies me, so I'm prone to go with what the wallet supports. I've just googled Iota though and like the 'tangle' technology. Will see if I can buy a bit.

I think bitcoin is always going to be the biggest, it's well known and can't be controlled by anyone. I feel when people create new coins they're keeping control of it, or adding features that the average joe doesn't actually need.

For example I'm just dumping some money their mainly to see what happens and because I'm worried the UK economy will take a dive in the next couple of years.

Back