• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bitcoin

Read some commentary that all Apple, Amazon etc need to do I'd create their own crypto-currency and watch Bitcoins go the way of Beta video tapes.

Read some commentary that all Apple, Amazon etc need to do I'd create their own crypto-currency and watch Bitcoins go the way of Beta video tapes.

JP Morgan are looking at creating their own, but I can't see a bank controlled version gaining trust. A tech company could but a lot of them seem very pro-bitcoin so may just end up supporting it and seeing the value of whst they own rocket instead.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Not really surprising. I think the bubble has burst, or you could see it as an opportunity to buy whilst it's low.

Bitcoin sinks after China restricts yuan exchanges

Bitcoin has fallen to less than half the value it recently traded for, following reports of fresh action by Beijing to restrict trade in the virtual currency...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25428866

Always going to happen. You have to look at who the losers are - governments and banks. You think they're going to let a free unregulated currency become a thing taking away their power and revenue streams?

Have any of you guys got any bitcoin? I got some about an hour ago on Plus500, but what't the best wallet? I just want to stick some cash in it and see if it grows. Would like a trustworthy wallet though.

(I know my money is at risk so not too much)

Wrote an article partially about bitcoins almost three years ago (Silk road and underground, illegal trading was the main topic), and remember how me and my editor talked about getting hold of some of this new currency to try it out. Had I known what an investment this would be, I would have gotten myself some bitcash. The joy of hindsight.

Now is probably the worst time ever to invest in bitcoins, I guess. Oh well.

So Bitcoin was priced at roughly $800 when I gave my enligtened prediction. Today it's $3600. Think it's for the best I don't work in finance.

I've bought some. I figure it's still not 'mainstream' so there's the potential for A LOT more people buying some in the future, especially as it should get easier.

Also if it keeps growing and the UK economy tanks when we leave Europe... Kinda wish I had some money in another currency after the brexit vote.

Ive been taking an interest recently in trading currency pairs - anyone know of where you can get good trading signals, or even just good tips etc? thanks

I am holding on to ethereum, been bumpy couple of months but holding my nerve

Was reading the other day that if you brought shares in 2008 at the crash you would be better by 30 thousand pounds then if you had put the money in the bank. Hold on for the long term bud.

Right. Is this a thing? A few mates and I are thinking of investing but obviously a bit nervous about initial outlay.

Loads of other crypto out there if you fancy a bit of research and a punt, one or two you will make 1000's% just choosing the right one

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/12/harry-redknapp-cryptocurrency-electroneum-twitter

Warnings about bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies are coming from all directions. The City watchdog has said the bitcoin industry is unregulated and investors could be wiped out. Jamie Dimon, the chief executive of JP Morgan, has called them a fraud and said the entire bitcoin system will blow up. Even Vladimir Putin, Russia’s president, has said cryptocurrencies are risky and used by criminals.

But the former West Ham United, Portsmouth, Tottenham Hotspur and Birmingham City manager Harry Redknapp tweeted on Thursday to say he was “proper excited” about Electroneum, a new crypocurrency being launched in the UK. “I’m in. Get involved,” he urged his 213,000 followers in his first tweet since August.

Harry Redknapp (@Redknapp)
Proper excited about Mobile Cryptocurrency! I'm in, get involved! https://t.co/mvHfi14Z2G @electroneum #Electroneum

October 12, 2017

Redknapp, 70, joined Twitter in 2015 and usually uses it to comment on football matters, promote his book and publicise his work with the online gaming company Betsafe.

In his defence at his trial for tax evasion in 2012, when he was acquitted, Redknapp said he was a terrible businessman and “a bit of a gambler” whose lack of investment nous had nearly “wiped out” his son Jamie. When it came to technology, he said he could not work a computer, did not know what an email was and had never sent a text message.

Richard Ells, the founder of Electroneum, which is attempting to raise up to $40m (£30m), said the one-time favourite for the England football manager’s job was not working for the company.

electroneum (@electroneum)
Harry has bought some Electroneum and isn't being paid for this - he's just excited as are the other 70,000 @electroneum buyers so far.

October 12, 2017

But Ells said Redknapp’s tweet had prompted four Premier League footballers to get in touch. Redknapp could not be reached for comment.

Thanks chaps. Hmmm, food for thought. The only think I definitely know is I'm not going to go for Electroneum or anything 'Arry endorses!

Back