• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biased BBC

Cutting stuff. It's a shame he never comes across as erudite on camera as he does in his column.

The guy ha a massive brain. As you say, he doesn't come across sharp on the telly. Not sure if it's an act?

Their must be a part of it. But even debating he doesn't seem completely sharp. Maybe he's into glacial thinking. He is certainly a very intelligent guy though. I read his "Have I got views for you" a few years ago. He's like a partisan, toff version of Hunter.S.Thompson.

The UK's very own Gonzo celebrity. If he did some drugs and smashed up a few hotel rooms people would make movies about him.

Maybe he has a little help with his column.

Can you do some research and find out ? It would be interesting to know.

That said, I don't really think it impacts upon his standing as a highly educated and very capable and intelligent individual. Well before he became Mayor of London he was making a name for himself behind the scenes. It was always a very strange paradox that this 'buffoon' as many would hope to only lable him as, is well respected well beyond our own shores and in a variety of different fields. Hard not to wonder about the act but I think he is good for London, has been good for London and if can up his game could be excellent for London and for he wider country in the future depending on what he chooses to do.

More evidence today.

See the headline here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18106848

'The taxpayer could lose about ?ú2bn once the assets of collapsed bank Northern Rock are wound down, the public spending watchdog has estimated'

In actual fact we will get all the money back and this ?ú2 billion is actually an opportunity cost, so we could notionally have made more money in other investments if the money had been spent elsewhere.

Robert Peston alludes to it in his blog, but still doesn't clearly point it out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18108630

His headline is , 'How serious is the ?ú2 billion Northern Rock loss'........when they aren't losing any money and David Cameron's asertion that we will get all of our money back and more is factually correct.

Agenda? YOU fudging BET.

I'll update this regularly with more examples.

ANd i'll add that nowhere do they point out the intervention was made by Gordon Brown......the received political downside is places squarely at this Tory governments door.

I'll update this regularly with more examples.

You'll be updating it for many years to come

Labour have a clear left wing bias, but you'll find a few wallies will try and dispute it!

I believe I did a thread like this on the old board. The evidence was damning.

Debt crisis could partly have been averted if the country had a decent gold reserve but we didn't, now where did it all go. Ah yes, Gordon sold it when he was Chancellor.

You'll be updating it for many years to come

Labour have a clear left wing bias, but you'll find a few wallies will try and dispute it!

I believe I did a thread like this on the old board. The evidence was damning.

I would imagine that Labour do have a clear left wing bias!! ;)

Here's a good one.

It highlights how half ths brick on their website is Labour content:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18026534

"The number of elderly people in England getting council-funded care has fallen by 11% in the last two years, figures obtained by Labour suggest."

Figures obtained by Labour suggest eh? Well it must be true.

The BBC. The voice of Labour.

Or how about this:

Based on what you read in the papers / see on BBC news, which of the following statements is true:

1) Unemployment figures have soared since the Coalition government came into power and introduced "savage" cuts
2) Unemployment figures soared under the last Labour government

The BBC would have you believe statement 1 is correct.

But here is the data from the European commission:

kamjph.png

You'll need to remind me who was in power between 2007 and 2009

The unemployment figures are funny.

600,000 more people in private sector employment since the election.

You can almost see a tear in the eyes of the BBC news people when there's some positive news!

Unemployment fell this week......gonad*S!!!!

Back