• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best Spurs/ex-Spurs World Cup eleven?

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
Here's a little game for you all. Pick your best eleven from this group of Spurs and ex-Spurs players, who are all part of this year's World Cup squads (let me know if I overlooked someone).

Use the formation of your choice - the objective is to assemble the best team, with players suitable to the formation and that complement each other. Feel free to explain your choices.

Hugo Loris (FRA)

Federico Fazio (ARG)
Vedran Corluka (CRO)
Milos Veljkovic (SRB)
Toby Alderweireld (BEL)
Jan Vertonghen (BEL)
Kyle Walker (ENG)
Danny Rose (ENG)
Kieran Trippier (ENG)
Davinson Sanchez (COL)

Christian Eriksen (DEN)
Luka Modric (CRO)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (ICE)
Paulinho (BRA)
Giovani Dos Santos (MEX)
Moussa Dembele (BEL)
Nacer Chadli (BEL)
Eric Dier (ENG)
Dele Alli (ENG)

Son Heung-min (SKO)
Harry Kane (ENG)

It would be a shame to leave Sanchez out, and three at the back would be sensible for the later stages. So Walker-Toby-Sanchez-Verts-Rose. Then maybe we could get away without either Dier or Dembele and have Modric and Eriksen in CM with Dele, Son and Kane in whatever arrangement they prefer at the front. Guaranteed goals there.

Alas, that leaves no space for Paulinho.

going with the england formation:

------------lloris
-----walker---toby---vert
-trip-------modric---------rose
------eriksen------dele
---------son-----kane

Hallfredson (ICE) and Luongo (AUS) have spent time at Spurs. Missing a GK to make it a current vs previous XI.

Mine would have to be:

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Walker - Dier - Modric - Rose
Alli - Eriksen
Kane

Really shows how far we've come when the majority of this team is current players. Only other one I can think of that could make the first eleven from our ex players, would be Bale.

Also I think this is a bloody good team that would be capable of going all the way in the WC.

Back