• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Speaking on his appointment, Jose said: “I am excited to be joining a Club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

Interesting he mentions the academy, hoping the like of Sessengon and Parrot still have a pathway into the first team.

Lip service

Lip service
I’d think so too, but I live in hope that Jose is sensitive about criticism though I remember when he signed a couple of frees including ballack on a free (for 130k a week when it was the top wage in the league) I still believe to counter the criticism of his spending at Chelsea!
To be fair there hasn’t been that much in the way of opportunities for new academy products recently

Hmmm I really hoped that if Poch went we would go for a dynamic up and coming manager. This is a big gamble.

I imagine Jose will give the FA Cup big attention. He would love to put one on the board early.

I wonder what players this appointment will be good/bad for?

Dier (he’s already been back at CB for a few games tbf) I expect will be back full time. He could easily get a tune out of Rose again short term. The RB situation he won’t tolerate.

Be interesting to see that list of experienced players that are free.

Few that spring to mind:

Matic
Bailly
Modric
Cavani
Ibra

bought through Mctominay didn't he and he's now their best midfielder.

Think it's more the case that of the youth are good enough they have a chance, if they're not they won't. I don't think Poch's record is great in that that department either to be fair.

Quite,its a bit of a myth about Mopo using the academy - his record of promoting players is not really better than any others in the top 6 - city aside.

We need a pragmatic, arse-kicking, serial-winning bastard if Poch goes - not the German Eddie Howe.

The bloke is a tit, but he wins. I’m pretty happy, as my post from a couple of days ago might suggest.

I’m convinced he’s what we need at this moment in our history. It’ll end badly - but it always does. Hopefully this time it will end badly with a trophy in the cabinet.

Interested to see what happens when Alli tries the first no look flick 20 metres from our goal on Saturday.

Great. I look forward to his playing style of football, maybe winning a domestic cup under his tenure and then taking 2 steps back when he inevitably gets sacked in two years time.

Interested to see what happens when Alli tries the first no look flick 20 metres from our goal on Saturday.

I'm more looking forward to Aurier getting the Luke Shaw treatment where Jose shadows him along the sideline and claims credit if he plays well.

"Serge, FFS put the ball all the way behind your head and stop throwing it into the ground. This is the third time. You really are a special one."

Back