• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - Raiders of the Lost Ark v Predator

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has been a while but isn't the story in the book completely different than the film? Maybe I am misremembering that.

Yeh its totally different, from memory the lead in it enters like a "hunt" for cash because his son is dying and he needs the money for some surgery.

Raiders is one of the landmark films of the decade. It's got a great cast, good story, is well directed and Harrison Ford sparkles throughout. Predator is a fun chase movie but (I think) not much more.

Harrison Ford hasnt sparkled in his entire career. Possibly the most over rated actor of a generation.

I think that is unfair, he had a lot of charisma and plays this knowingly, with a wink to the audience.
I think he's decent, he just followed the money with crap blockbusters (excluding the Indiana Jones movies)
He's great in The Conversation, one of my favourite films.

I think he's decent, he just followed the money with crap blockbusters (excluding the Indiana Jones movies)

Possibly. He was on great form in the late 70's and early 80's. Showed a decent range too.

I love The Conversation and it is a great movie, but his part is tiny. Personally, I think he is a decent actor who was fortunate to be in a number of great films.

I love The Conversation and it is a great movie, but his part is tiny. Personally, I think he is a decent actor who was fortunate to be in a number of great films.

He's mainly good in those good films though

It's a small thing I guess, but when he's playing Indy I don't see Han Solo, when he's playing Ryan I don't see Jones, he becomes the character.

For the purposes of this post, the film Predator is being represented by a man with a scimitar

giphy.gif

Raiders goes through to the next round.

Its hard for any actor when you come from Indiana Jones because all films after you are seen as Indiana Jones, such was the size of the role.

I think that is unfair, he had a lot of charisma and plays this knowingly, with a wink to the audience.

He plays the same role every time more or less, with as minimal enthusiasm as possible, while having an ego like Ronaldos.

Enjoyed some of his movies, never considered him a particularly good actor by any stretch of the imagination.

Possibly. He was on great form in the late 70's and early 80's. Showed a decent range too.

RANGE?!!?! What?!

Back