• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berahino in January for £25m?

Berahino in January for £25m?

• Yes

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters
I wanted him at the start of the transfer window and still want him at the club. He scored a lot of goals in an average team. He has pace, has one on one skill, Long range shooting ability and is English. I think personally he ticks a lot of boxes. And I think he is worth 25m. If Son is worth 22m then he is worth 25 easily.

Personally I'm hoping that, with his comments about the chairman and not wanting to play, we can grab him for less than 25mil in January. An unhappy player who doesn't want to play? They will let him leave for less than that. More like 15-18

Personally I'm hoping that, with his comments about the chairman and not wanting to play, we can grab him for less than 25mil in January. An unhappy player who doesn't want to play? They will let him leave for less than that. More like 15-18
There was some talk yesterday of them offering him a new contract with a 25m buy out clause in it. Probably just media BS.

Bit of both answers, we should definitely look around for better value, but if he seems like the best option and Poch's guy then yeah, have another go Danny.

I'm not that fussed about him.
Additionally, after this saga I'd be surprised if Peace's ego would allow him to sell to Levy in January.
If WBA don't chuck a load of £££ at him this week to keep him, he'll end up somewhere other than Tottenham I suspect.

And Berahino has shown a petulant side, so we might be on the receiving end of similar behaviour in a year or two if / when he fancies another move.
On balance...no, move on.

I want him at a price that's relevant for his new contract position as in 18 months left at that point

There trying to steer him towards benteke and say sign a new contract but with a buy out... But whisk be trust his chairman to actually follow the buy out clause

What if he meant it when he said he wouldn't play for them again? I know he almost certainly will but let's say he stuck to that and didn't play at all and trained with the u21s.. would people still want him in Jan without any football for 6 odd months and a tarnished reputation?

What if he meant it when he said he wouldn't play for them again? I know he almost certainly will but let's say he stuck to that and didn't play at all and trained with the u21s.. would people still want him in Jan without any football for 6 odd months and a tarnished reputation?

Absolutely not an Ade II is not what we need.

This, in January, with only a year before he can sign pre contract, no more than 15m. I'd say leave it till next summer and Chelsea can probably get him for 7/8.
We could probably sell him for £15m even if it goes tits up, so we're only talking a £10m fee for the privilege worse case. I think it's a case of what he can do for the team rather than whether he's worth £25m in isolation.

Yes, he is a very good, young player who has proven that he can score goals in the PL. his contract situation means that it may not take that much however, unless Berahino signs a new contract there that is.

Doesn't detract from the fact that we should've got it done this summer however.

Yes, he is a very good, young player who has proven that he can score goals in the PL. his contract situation means that it may not take that much however, unless Berahino signs a new contract there that is.

Doesn't detract from the fact that we should've got it done this summer however.

We tried hard.

It doesnt matter Levy will go back and offer £18m on January the first.
I mean WBA wanted £25m a month ago but Levy decided to fudge them around with offers that were never gonna succeed.

I half believe he made the offer on the last day knowing full well it wouldn't be accepted so it would look as if he was doing something.

My only problem with the guy is the way he buys players. I think Baldini did a decent job getting deals done when it was his responsibility.

I doubt the release clause will be 25mill.If reports are to be believed we offered 23mill.He will probably triple his wages and agree to a 30-35 mill clause .If he signs for a 25mill clause then its very difficult to understand why a deal wasn't done in the summer for 23.I am sure he could have pushed us to 25 at 5pm last Tuesday.Onwards and upwards.Could well be we see this as a bullet dodged in 3 months time.

Back