• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

I agree he did have a solid game BUT that is after looking very ordinary in his other appearences. Perhaps i expect more because he did cost us a fair chunk.

Yep I thought he played very well, by far and away his best game for us. That's the player I thought we were signing! Long may it Continue.

Re: ***Official*** Ben Davies signs for THFC

Against Chelsea I think a defensive left back is vital. Think he will be important up against Oscar or Willian on that side.

Surprised no one's commented yet on his crossing ability. Maybe he doesn't get forward often enough, I don't know, but the impression I have is most of his crosses - like the Beckham-esque one Soldado got his head to midway through the second half against Everton - are on the button.

For me the jury's still out on him defensively - he seems to come inside a bit too much, leaving space for the oppo winger or fb to exploit down the flank. Also not sure he always gets close enough to his man to make the tackle. Rose is probably the better tackler but going forward by comparison his crosses are often frankly woeful.

Right now I'd like to see Davies being given a run in the side, see whether he can improve his positional play, because if he can, we may well turn out to be a suitable long-term replacement for BAE.

Surprised no one's commented yet on his crossing ability. Maybe he doesn't get forward often enough, I don't know, but the impression I have is most of his crosses - like the Beckham-esque one Soldado got his head to midway through the second half against Everton - are on the button.

For me the jury's still out on him defensively - he seems to come inside a bit too much, leaving space for the oppo winger or fb to exploit down the flank. Also not sure he always gets close enough to his man to make the tackle. Rose is probably the better tackler but going forward by comparison his crosses are often frankly woeful.

Right now I'd like to see Davies being given a run in the side, see whether he can improve his positional play, because if he can, we may well turn out to be a suitable long-term replacement for BAE.

Probably the full back in our team that's best on the ball right now (ignoring BAE for obvious reasons). A lot is written and said about the attacking qualities of Walker and Rose because of their pace and engegy, to me it's overstated. To be a good attacking full back you have to be good on the ball, that's the one thing that must be there. Davies has that, and at 21 he has a lot of time to improve that aspect of his game too.

Said when we signed him that he would be our LB going forward, better player then Rose and he is beginning to show it.

Said when we signed him that he would be our LB going forward, better player then Rose and he is beginning to show it.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He could well become a better player than Rose, but Rose had been pretty consistently good before his injury and this was Davies' first really good game....

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He could well become a better player than Rose, but Rose had been pretty consistently good before his injury and this was Davies' first really good game....

Disagree with that, for me Rose is still a liability and Davies is the better player.

Whoa pump the brakes there...Rose has probably been our player of the season before injury, Davies has done well recently but can't ignore what Rose has brought us this season

Whoa pump the brakes there...Rose has probably been our player of the season before injury, Davies has done well recently but can't ignore what Rose has brought us this season

Well we will see, but I do believe Davies will ne our Num one LB by the end of the season. Rose has played well in some games but he still gets caught out of position far too often.

Disagree with that, for me Rose is still a liability and Davies is the better player.

To me labelling Rose a liability is a ridiculous assessment of him, but anyway its good to have some proper competition there for the LB spot - can only be a good thing, and can see them both being utilised dependant on the opposition....

To me labelling Rose a liability is a ridiculous assessment of him, but anyway its good to have some proper competition there for the LB spot - can only be a good thing, and can see them both being utilised dependant on the opposition....

Well Stop! Hammer time I guess, but yes its good to have a second LB in the squad.

Well Stop! Hammer time I guess, but yes its good to have a second LB in the squad.

Indeed mate and I respect your opinion,just surprised you could think that with how he's played this season. I mean I rate Chiriches more than a lot on here but wouldn't argue with someone labelling him a liability,but for me Rose has been good not only going forward but defensively also. At the same time I do have high hopes for Davies but want to see him perform for a period of time - Sunday was a good start....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

100% agree.

Davies is new and cost 10m so fans will jump on any inch of positivity despite rose being quality this season

Davies has been getting better fairly consistently though.

Will be interesting to see what Poch does when Rose is back.

I reckon, at some point, we could see Rose at left midfield with Davies at left-back (that assumes Eriksen playing on the right and Walker at right-back). The Everton game was the first game that Davies impressed me, I thought he was very good.

Yes he has, while Rose in the last few games he played was looking like the player he was last season, wrong side of his opponent and getting caught up field all the time. Jan is looking far better now he does not have to cover for Rose all the time.

Davies is new and cost 10m so fans will jump on any inch of positivity despite rose being quality this season

10m...and so I'm hoping he will be about 10 times better than Rose. ;)

But seriously, its too soon for me to assess Davies and, assuming he is selected, I would need to see a lot more PL games from him first...and in particular with either Eriksen or Lamela playing in front of him.:)

Last edited:
Defensively, Rose has been average at best. I'm not disagreeing that he's been one of our best players this season though, mainly due to passion he has shown and going forward he's been good. Davies' performance against Everton was real good and it doest surprise me that since Davies has been in our line up (Hull and Everton) we looked solid defensively.

Agree with Parklane. Davies is the better defender IMV. Rose has improved don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been our best player this season. I would say Lloris has been personally. Or possibly Chadli.

Back