• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Apparently a few bookies have suspended bets on him returning...I would personally love it!

Could play up-front when Kane is out, or one of the 3 AMs.

Although could just be a few bets from people thinking they're "insider trading" but with false info.

Last edited:
source.gif

We need a new group portrait. Just photoshop six heads of Gareth Bale alongside the remaining one of Erik Lamela. Job done.

A shame we didn't get more out of Soldado. Or more for Eriksen's transfer. The other four were decent enough, just not while wearing Spurs shirts.

We need a new group portrait. Just photoshop six heads of Gareth Bale alongside the remaining one of Erik Lamela. Job done.

A shame we didn't get more out of Soldado. Or more for Eriksen's transfer. The other four were decent enough, just not while wearing Spurs shirts.

I thought Chadli was decent. Obviously not someone to take us to the next level, but for where we were at the time, he was a good squad player.

So, ITKs have got every one jizzing their pants about a potential long loan being discussed. Bale wants to come, wages are the problem, not Levys fault if Madrid don't budge etc. etc.

Get the popcorn ready....

We don’t need him or his wage bill or his injuries!

I always got the impression his injuries were a combination of not minding being out of the team, along with not busting a gut to get in shape.

If he moved somewhere he desperately wanted to play I reckon he’d miraculously become fit.

However, the fact his agent says he’s not moving sounds like it would need more cash than we have to happen.

I always got the impression his injuries were a combination of not minding being out of the team, along with not busting a gut to get in shape.

If he moved somewhere he desperately wanted to play I reckon he’d miraculously become fit.

However, the fact his agent says he’s not moving sounds like it would need more cash than we have to happen.
His wages are in excess of £300k pw :eek:

Had this conversation in work yesterday. For us mere mortals the thought of not taking the opportunity to join a team where you would actually play professional football week in week out is difficult to comprehend. These professional sportsman probably see things a bit differently. They've pulled their boots on every day for 15 years.

So lets assume GB can either stay in Spain on his mega wage, play every now and then, play golf in nice weather as and when he wants, vs coming back to England in the middle of winter, where he's going to have to get stuck in, try and stay fit, and play every week. At the moment he probably fancies the former. The sad thing is as any ex pro will tell you, the right thing to do is the latter, as when you're done, you're done.

Had this conversation in work yesterday. For us mere mortals the thought of not taking the opportunity to join a team where you would actually play professional football week in week out is difficult to comprehend. These professional sportsman probably see things a bit differently. They've pulled their boots on every day for 15 years.

So lets assume GB can either stay in Spain on his mega wage, play every now and then, play golf in nice weather as and when he wants, vs coming back to England in the middle of winter, where he's going to have to get stuck in, try and stay fit, and play every week. At the moment he probably fancies the former. The sad thing is as any ex pro will tell you, the right thing to do is the latter, as when you're done, you're done.

He's won everything there is to win, off his own boot no less. He's not worried about being done, he is done.

He's won everything there is to win, off his own boot no less. He's not worried about being done, he is done.

That's my point. That's probably his current mentality. But in 10 years he might look back with regret that he didn't curb the wage demands (if they do exist) to priorities actually playing a full part in a different team.

Back