1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Mulletperm, 17 Apr 2017.

1. Dicko

Dicko Eidur Gudjohnsen

Has there been any more discussion in Spain about him going or staying? Been quiet for a week or so here now

2. Robbo

Robbo Pat van den Hauwe

More like as in "now you are loaded with cash, you should invest your money in this random Nigerian gold mine".

I would probably have chosen China too, BTW, in his situation.

3. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Alf Ramsey

Yep China for a year or two then the USA, hopefully Beckhams club and your sorted.

4. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

Invested? You mean, he doesn't keep it under his mattress?? :eek:

5. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

No more discussion in Spain. They figured they'd leave all the discussion to us.

Robbo likes this.
  6. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Rafael Van Der Vaart

Zidane more likely to leave before Bale?

7. galeforce

galeforce Teddy Sheringham

Who knows, but they’ve not let him get rid of Bale or let him have Pogba, hardly a ringing endorsement from a club with limitless funds.

8. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Michael Carrick

400% not me.

9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Rafael Van Der Vaart

You have a next step, even if it’s not monetary. Maybe it’s comfort or lifestyle

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

10. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Michael Carrick

You could be right but let's face it this discussion has been about the lure of money and greed.

Edit: and I'm glad you said 'human condition' and not 'nature' as we have largely been conditioned to act/think like this.

11. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Nayim

How Adidas could help Bayern Munich sign Gareth Bale from Real Madrid
    The German champions are reportedly considering a loan move to land the out-of-favour winger this summer

Bayern Munich are reportedly weighing up a move for Gareth Bale and could receive help from the most unlikeliest of sources - Adidas.

Bale's career at Real Madrid appears to be over with the Welshman surplus to requirements under boss Zinedine Zidane.

The Los Blancos are desperate to get the 30-year-old's astronomic salary off their wage bill but are yet to find any worthy suitors - particularly when a transfer fee is included in such a deal.

But AS report that Bayern's connections with German sports brand Adidas could now persuade them to make a move for the star to take him on loan.

A source with knowledge of Bayern's strategy told the Spanish publication: "Don't forget that Bale is sponsored by [Bayern Munich kit suppliers] Adidas, and that this is a brand that has a lot of money invested in Bayern."

Adidas has backed Bayern for more than 50 years and extended its kit sponsorship deal - which still had five years to run - with Bayern back in 2015, for a further 10 years.

The deal was worth a reported £900 million and will take their agreed partnership up till 2030.

Bale meanwhile is on an estimated annual salary of around 30 million euros per year, and despite his significant problems with injuries, Bayern could be tempted based purely on his potential commercial value to the club.

In addition to his club salary, Bale earns in excess of £4m per year from his deal with the sportswear giant, as well as millions more from other sponsors.

The player's agent Jonathan Barnett previously denied his client would be making a move unless it was on a permanent basis.

Barnett told Sky Sports: "There will be no makeshift deals to get him out of the club. I can guarantee you he will not be going on loan to any club."

However with the English transfer deadline due to shut on Thursday, and no formal offers from the Premier League for Bale, his representatives may have to change tact.

With Bale not keen on a move to the Chinese Super League, he has little options remaining if he doesn't want to spend the season frozen out at Real.

Bayern utilised a similar arrangement to their advantage in the past two seasons to loan James Rodriguez from the La Liga club, and with the Colombian not returning to the Allianz it frees up space in their wage structure to finance a move for Bale, along with the help of their trusty backers.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-adidas-could-help-bayern-18847311

12. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Pascal Chimbonda

Good replacement for Robben.