• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

He hasn't travelled to Germany as he is too distressed to play after his dream move to China fell through

I imagine he must just be confused. The only person who rated him at Madrid is Perez and it’s worked to his detriment here.

I can’t believe Perez pulled the plug so late.

Weird that he has pulled out just as the spurs are about to play them. Sources close to the club are telling GGG that Bale does not want to risk getting injured and thus in the process jeopardise his dream move back to the club, with Eriksen going the other way.

Last edited:
I think a player being able to communicate in the native language should be expected, even more so when he has been there for 6 years and is on the amount he is on.

It just comes across as arrogance and laziness.

I agree that it could come across as lazy & arrogant, but others on here have stated that he does speak Spanish and there are interviews of him speaking Spanish. Moreover, I remember interviews with him when he played for Spurs where he came across as really shy and uncertain and this was when he was fudging tearing up the league. I also remember him saying that he wasn’t much of student, so I can see him not being even less confident in a foreign language. I am not saying we all need to pity poor Gareth and his 500k per week, just that he might not be getting entirely fair treatment from the (clamy) Spanish press.

I agree that it could come across as lazy & arrogant, but others on here have stated that he does speak Spanish and there are interviews of him speaking Spanish. Moreover, I remember interviews with him when he played for Spurs where he came across as really shy and uncertain and this was when he was fudging tearing up the league. I also remember him saying that he wasn’t much of student, so I can see him not being even less confident in a foreign language. I am not saying we all need to pity poor Gareth and his 500k per week, just that he might not be getting entirely fair treatment from the (clamy) Spanish press.
I think there’s a lot of carefully planned character assassination going on in this particular situation.

The only character issue I have with him is his seeming willingness to go to China.

Its his prerogative, of course, but its very disappointing that he would be prepared to give up on competitive football for a pay check.

On the flip side of that I am absolutely loving how he has dug his heels in and refused to be bullied by Zidane/Madrid.

The only character issue I have with him is his seeming willingness to go to China.

Its his prerogative, of course, but its very disappointing that he would be prepared to give up on competitive football for a pay check.

On the flip side of that I am absolutely loving how he has dug his heels in and refused to be bullied by Zidane/Madrid.

Assuming the press can be believed. Also, if you're told you're not wanted where you work and someone offers you mega-money to go to China wouldn't you?

Assuming the press can be believed. Also, if you're told you're not wanted where you work and someone offers you mega-money to go to China wouldn't you?

Yes, assuming the press are to be believed. Though everything coming out on that particular move seemed legitimate to me.

Me? I work in an office. If the boss was a clam and I got offered silly money to work abroad I would most certainly consider it.

Me in Bales shoes? As a sportsman? Supposedly in my prime? No, I wouldnt. I would want to play at the highest level I could to test myself and succeed.

And lets be honest, the money he has made in 6 years in Madrid is obscene, to the level the idea of a pay rise really shouldnt be a priority for him.

Yes, assuming the press are to be believed. Though everything coming out on that particular move seemed legitimate to me.

Me? I work in an office. If the boss was a clam and I got offered silly money to work abroad I would most certainly consider it.

Me in Bales shoes? As a sportsman? Supposedly in my prime? No, I wouldnt. I would want to play at the highest level I could to test myself and succeed.

And lets be honest, the money he has made in 6 years in Madrid is obscene, to the level the idea of a pay rise really shouldnt be a priority for him.

As a 30 year old footballer who has injury problems I'd be looking to secure my future, Chinese money is as good as any.

As a 30 year old footballer who has injury problems I'd be looking to secure my future, Chinese money is as good as any.

Ill take a wild guess, and assume you dont have tens of millions in the bank.

Therefore its very natural for your first instinct to be to secure your future, same for any of us mere mortals.

Bale? His future was secure years ago. He can live out his days in luxury and never have to work again. Then so can his kids with what is left once he has gone. And maybe their kids too...

As a 30 year old footballer, with a legacy in the game to cement, and maybe a point to prove given his treatment at the hands of his club, I would personally think playing competitive football was a greater priority.

But hey, thats just me.

I worked it out at around £60m in the bank after tax and buying stuff

I worked it out at around £60m in the bank after tax and buying stuff

It's the human condition. If you were on the street with out a pound to your name, you'd say, if only I was as wealthy as Nayim from the half way line with his cushie office job. Just give me that and I'd be happy. Could buy a place and I wouldn't need anything more. But get there, and you want the next step. Same applies to millionairs. It is just what being human is - we look for the next step.

Ill take a wild guess, and assume you dont have tens of millions in the bank.

Therefore its very natural for your first instinct to be to secure your future, same for any of us mere mortals.

Bale? His future was secure years ago. He can live out his days in luxury and never have to work again. Then so can his kids with what is left once he has gone. And maybe their kids too...

As a 30 year old footballer, with a legacy in the game to cement, and maybe a point to prove given his treatment at the hands of his club, I would personally think playing competitive football was a greater priority.

But hey, thats just me.

Plus it’s not like he will be on 20k a year.

I’m not sure how he could cope with 200k a week

A year in China might be his best/only route back into proper football if Madrid are refusing to pay off his contract or let him move (back) to a rival.

It’s a tricky one for Madrid, their legendary coach refuses to use Bale, but if they move the Welshman on inside Europe they effectively sell next seasons CL trophy at the same time.

Maybe he would desperately love to play for another top European club and still wants to play at the highest level but every club that has shown an interest has considered his fee, wages and injury record and simply decided against it, or just made a loan offer which Madrid told him is not acceptable as they need the money to waste on Pogba. Maybe he only agreed to China because he can't stand the idea of being ridiculed by that tosser Zidane for another season, Maybe he has been told by Real that no one else wants to buy him, they won't sell him to a rival and it's now either China or stay, knowing Zidane won't play him any longer. We really have no idea. Every pundit is either just guessing or working on hearsay.

I hope for his sake someone comes in for him before the deadline and he can move on, play regularly somewhere else and get the respect he deserves*

*Assuming all the rumours are just gonad*s, he isn't a complete waste of space, can't speak a word of Spanish, doesnt get along with anyone, is only motivated by money and playing golf, doesnt care about being competitive anymore, and just a complete clam, etc.

Last edited:
Back