• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Don't forget we have Nike now, a bit of marketing magic, long term rights management and shirt sales, we could recoup our investments before bale retires

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk
It might have helped a bit more if he was a Nike player

Could we? No. With his wages, earnings from image rights and sponsorships, he's probably getting north of 500k a week. Even if we put together the most lucrative deal in our history, we still wouldn't be able to afford him at this time.

Should we? Yes. He would be the statement signing that would signify our arrival into the ranks of the European heavyweights - a masterstroke to cap off our arrival at our new stadium a year from now. And, of course, he's bloody good.

Would we? Possibly. Depends on how strict Poch is about his system in the face of the potential arrival of someone like Bale.

Could we? No. With his wages, earnings from image rights and sponsorships, he's probably getting north of 500k a week. Even if we put together the most lucrative deal in our history, we still wouldn't be able to afford him at this time.

Should we? Yes. He would be the statement signing that would signify our arrival into the ranks of the European heavyweights - a masterstroke to cap off our arrival at our new stadium a year from now. And, of course, he's bloody good.

Would we? Possibly. Depends on how strict Poch is about his system in the face of the potential arrival of someone like Bale.
If Poch wanted a statement signing with no airs and one who could be a role model pro and won't upset his system, bale would be it.

Some men just never learn... yeah let's pine for the ex who was as sexy as hell, was high maintenance and alas broke our hearts by leaving.

Leave it in the past where it belongs camp.

Plus couldn't bear hearing the macaronic zombie 'bale bale bale' chant again.

Bale would take a massive pay cut who ever he joined.

He doesn't strike me as a money first type of person.

If Poch wanted a statement signing with no airs and one who could be a role model pro and won't upset his system, bale would be it.

I don't think Bale would have airs or be unprofessional in any way - he never was, and likely never will be. He's very much a Kane type in that regard - very low maintenance. And he'd definitely be a good role model, like most of our lads at present.

But I do think that he would pose some issues for Poch regardless. Not least in his potential wages, which would likely outstrip the rest of the squad's by a very significant margin. Plus, his playing style, which was based around being the main man while he was here and *is* currently based on being available for a quick break after some other Madrid player wins the ball back - allowing a player in our starting eleven to adopt either of those approaches would mean rejigging our pressing system, our sense of team responsibility and our tactics.

They're not insurmountable barriers by any means, but in this blissful hypothetical, Poch would have to decide whether they're worth surmounting in the first place, is all.

I don't think Bale would have airs or be unprofessional in any way - he never was, and likely never will be. He's very much a Kane type in that regard - very low maintenance. And he'd definitely be a good role model, like most of our lads at present.

But I do think that he would pose some issues for Poch regardless. Not least in his potential wages, which would likely outstrip the rest of the squad's by a very significant margin. Plus, his playing style, which was based around being the main man while he was here and *is* currently based on being available for a quick break after some other Madrid player wins the ball back - allowing a player in our starting eleven to adopt either of those approaches would mean rejigging our pressing system, our sense of team responsibility and our tactics.

They're not insurmountable barriers by any means, but in this blissful hypothetical, Poch would have to decide whether they're worth surmounting in the first place, is all.

Wut?

Bale would be asked to play in a manner that suits our system, not the other way around.

There's no evidence to suggest Poch would ever alter his philosophy to accommodate one player.

Isn't he the second highest paid player in the world (highest until last week)?

True.

But he strikes me as the type that would take a massive pay cut if it meant enjoying playing football more.

Could be completely wrong, but he just seems that way.

True.

But he strikes me as the type that would take a massive pay cut if it meant enjoying playing football more.

Could be completely wrong, but he just seems that way.

He did join Madrid (the team from being a kid he always wanted to go to) for a 400% pay rise

Wut?

Bale would be asked to play in a manner that suits our system, not the other way around.

There's no evidence to suggest Poch would ever alter his philosophy to accommodate one player.

There's no evidence to suggest that Poch has ever had to deal with such a high-profile player arriving at his club before, either. First time for everything, no?

If Bale wanted to come back to Spurs, I'd hire a limo full of hookers*, drive out to Madrid, and take him back to Pochettino's office myself. I'd even tolerate us replacing Super Jan** with Ashley Bloody Williams if it'd keep him happy.

Pity it's never going to happen. Having an affinity for ones old club is one thing, taking a pay cut to play for United/Emirates Marketing Project for a paltry £250k/week is another.

* Or sheep. He's a proper red-blooded Welshman after all.
** Not Toby though. I'm not a complete idiot.

Back