• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Away from home we play with no fear"

Not sure about some of the suggestions there - banners and flags - Emirates mk II then....

Decent response overall though, think anyone that actually goes can see where the players/staff are coming from.

81388-newb-seeks-bolt-lambo-door-kit-803anigif_not_sure_if_ser-gif

well I stand by the points I make. sure there are turkish and some other peoples off foreign origin...oops wrong again am I.

Amazing...now there are pictures of nazi generals...

The point is Tottenham is not the place it once was big time....even in the last 7.8, years or so Edmonton as well...the local support has gone!

...and I think that has an affect on the club....

I am not a Nazi....Nazies and Fascists and do not let people have a say...they deride and try and squash it.

Spurs have lost out on Local support...there is no doubt in this.

And ethnicity or ethnic [Scara] refers to a persons background culture or country.

I think we have lost out more than most clubs in local support...anyway..

The flags and banners don't seem to do the atmosphere at Dortmund any harm...

[video=youtube;tVPNAOuJj7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPNAOuJj7g[/video]

You clearly dont understand.
I have been s Spurs fan for yonks....I have seen Tottenham change radically. Yes some ethnic fans do go to football allthough if you look at the crowd 95% are white English.
Tottenham has more ethnics than any coutry on the Planet!

Therefore Tottenham has changed out of all recognition over the years and do not have any real local support. Go around Tottenham and ask the people..if they
can understand English!......if they are interested or support Spurs. You will be lucky to find one in a hundred. Years ago when Spurs last had a really great side the atmosphere

at White hart Lane was Magic..and we had The Angels.........LOL...shame its all gone now...not an once of Local support exists anymore!

No I understand perfectly well thank you.

I'm going to leave this here if that's ok, before I say something I shouldn't. I've had similar 'discussions' with similar people on this board before and it never ends well so no point having it again. I'll just say that if you genuinely believe that Tottenham has more 'ethnics' than any country on the planet then you seriously need to get out there more and see more of the world. And you clearly don't realise the irony of claiming that the problems with our atmosphere are due to the 'ethnics' in Tottenham while simultaneously saying that 95% of the crowd is still white.

No I understand perfectly well thank you.

I'm going to leave this here if that's ok, before I say something I shouldn't. I've had similar 'discussions' with similar people on this board before and it never ends well so no point having it again. I'll just say that if you genuinely believe that Tottenham has more 'ethnics' than any country on the planet then you seriously need to get out there more and see more of the world. And you clearly don't realise the irony of claiming that the problems with our atmosphere are due to the 'ethnics' in Tottenham while simultaneously saying that 95% of the crowd is still white.

I'm leaving it here as well.....people will allways see things differently..and if you come from a different background to race or religion you are more than
likely have a differnt oppinion to the other guy, buts its even harder on the internet sometimes to understand exactly what the other guy is trhying to get over.

I'll admit the post did have tones about race in it. One day we'll all be able to live in harmony hopefully...
If you have had discussions on here
or the other Forum ...yeah I know it would go on a bit.
..especially on race issues.
Anyway your perfectly right there is a contradiction there ...white fans not getting behind the Team.

I don't understand some fans not even giving a bit of vocal support now and again.

I do believe fans can affect the game sometimes..but I cant put my finger on it as to why. They can influence the Ref though..no
doubt about that..that would depend on the Ref as well.

I allways feel **** fans send most of their time shouting about decisions more than anything.

As for the local thing..I was allways brought up as a local fan. Local fans would swell the support of capacity to the ground...or would at least add a lot to it.

I think we may suffer at this point as the years go by and fans that now travell from all points may not allways be able to make it.

for reasons possibly the attitude towards football may change one day..economic factors as could very well stop fans from travelling.

Therefore if local fans are nonexistent we will be getting poor attendances and as AVB was saying...we need that 12th man!

I think maybe all he is trying to say is that Tottenham, the club, has lost the local connection that it once had with it's supporters as the cultural make up of the area has changed so dramatically over the years.

it undoubtedly has, but I think thats more due to the way football has moved on than specifics to the local demographics, all the PL clubs have the same disconnect, Liverpool for example have waged war on their neighbours to get cheap land to expand klanfield

I am a grumpy old 48 year old, who (as a bronze member) tries to get to every game that we play in the UK. I really enjoy our away days, as the singing and the atmosphere is mostly superb. However, AVB is right, the atmosphere at WHL is ****poor at the moment.

We can blame the 'product', the price, the demographic of the fan base, Stubhub and a myriad of other reasons. To improve matters, we can suggest flags, banners, anthems, special supporters groups and song sheets, but the cold hard facts of the matter are that if you don't sing, or get behind the team (especially when times are hard), then you are a member of an audience rather than a supporter.

In those rare occasions when we all get behind the team at WHL, there is no better atmosphere anywhere in English football.

I think AVB would have been better just emphasising the need for the supporters to get behind the team at all times, and how the team really appreciate it when we are singing, and how it motivates them to perform better. And maybe referring to a couple of specific occasions home or away where that has happened.

By stating it in negative terms he has just provoked a debate about whether or not he is justified, whether it is the style of football etc etc, which is divisive rather than unifying. Be interesting to see what happens tonight. Although, home games in the league are the true test.

I wonder if he approaches the players in the same way in terms of their performance?

I think maybe all he is trying to say is that Tottenham, the club, has lost the local connection that it once had with it's supporters as the cultural make up of the area has changed so dramatically over the years.

I don't think that you can over look the locals being priced out of going and the average age of matchday supporters being far higher than it used to be.

I think that is correct.

Hard to have a rational conversation about "locals." I bet many in the area have never even heard of Spurs especially if they are new arrivals.

I never knew Ministry of Sound was in the Elephant and Castle until recently.

well I stand by the points I make. sure there are turkish and some other peoples off foreign origin...oops wrong again am I.

Amazing...now there are pictures of nazi generals...

The point is Tottenham is not the place it once was big time....even in the last 7.8, years or so Edmonton as well...the local support has gone!

...and I think that has an affect on the club....

I am not a Nazi....Nazies and Fascists and do not let people have a say...they deride and try and squash it.

Spurs have lost out on Local support...there is no doubt in this.

And ethnicity or ethnic [Scara] refers to a persons background culture or country.

I think we have lost out more than most clubs in local support...anyway..

Mate, that ain't a Nazi general. It's a US general from the movie Dr Strangelove. I certainly wasn't implying you're a Nazi!

I am a grumpy old 48 year old, who (as a bronze member) tries to get to every game that we play in the UK. I really enjoy our away days, as the singing and the atmosphere is mostly superb. However, AVB is right, the atmosphere at WHL is ****poor at the moment.

We can blame the 'product', the price, the demographic of the fan base, Stubhub and a myriad of other reasons. To improve matters, we can suggest flags, banners, anthems, special supporters groups and song sheets, but the cold hard facts of the matter are that if you don't sing, or get behind the team (especially when times are hard), then you are a member of an audience rather than a supporter.

In those rare occasions when we all get behind the team at WHL, there is no better atmosphere anywhere in English football.

great post I couldn't agree more............

I think there is a culmination of reasons why the atmosphere at White Hart lane has deteriorated/deteriorating.........

Stewards........'sit down......shut up attitude' complacency amongst our fans.........(we all look at certain games and give the spurs points beforehand) what I mean by this is that obviously a home game versus man united is going to be more up in the air than crystal palace at home hence subconsciously we doubt the result and we get behind the team more!!!!!!

And again coming back to your main point southcote...people's attitude..........some definitely need to open up a dictionary and read the description of the word support/supporter......... people should support the team whether the chips are down, the team is playing average or whether we are destroying all in our path and winning silverware.

I do not think AVB is stupid.....actually I think it takes a brave manager to question his own supporters in this day and age...........I actually appreciate the fact that he is addressing a problem in my eyes.......The team does need to play better but then Kennedy's words ring in my ears......... 'ask not what spurs can do for you??? ask what you can do for spurs!!!!!!

so yeah...culmination....fewer younger fans going (generally noisier but not always) dwindling local support maybe........stewards sit on bums and behave......growing expectation...club the victim of its own success......and maybe some of the fans that go every week don't appreciate 90 mins at the lane!!!!! im a bronze member but for various reasons of lack of work then working too much I haven't been this season.......we can all get complacent I would generally kill to go to a match soon and shout my head off!!!!!!!! just work work work for me at the moment.

whl is untouchable when rocking no doubting that!!!!!!!

I love avb passion on the touchline how he goes through the mill how he celebrates our winners.......... people need to understand we all want the same thing.... a successful spurs and an certain Frenchman up the road to suffer the worst case of galloping dog rot known to man for a whole season.

avb wants successful spurs....... fans with different ways of showing it want a successful spurs.......... best start to a epl season ever..... lets bloddy go for it and show our players and manager that know matter what the result/performance........ we are the best ruddy fans in the country.....

viva la spurs!!!!

Last edited:

Were we separated at birth? Once again you are my hero.

great post I couldn't agree more............

I think there is a culmination of reasons why the atmosphere at White Hart lane has deteriorated/deteriorating.........

Stewards........'sit down......shut up attitude' complacency amongst our fans.........(we all look at certain games and give the spurs points beforehand) what I mean by this is that obviously a home game versus man united is going to be more up in the air than crystal palace at home hence subconsciously we doubt the result and we get behind the team more!!!!!!

And again coming back to your main point southcote...people's attitude..........some definitely need to open up a dictionary and read the description of the word support/supporter......... people should support the team whether the chips are down, the team is playing average or whether we are destroying all in our path and winning silverware.

I do not think AVB is stupid.....actually I think it takes a brave manager to question his own supporters in this day and age...........I actually appreciate the fact that he is addressing a problem in my eyes.......The team does need to play better but then Kennedy's words ring in my ears......... 'ask not what spurs can do for you??? ask what you can do for spurs!!!!!!

so yeah...culmination....fewer younger fans going (generally noisier but not always) dwindling local support maybe........stewards sit on bums and behave......growing expectation...club the victim of its own success......and maybe some of the fans that go every week don't appreciate 90 mins at the lane!!!!! im a bronze member but for various reasons of lack of work then working too much I haven't been this season.......we can all get complacent I would generally kill to go to a match soon and shout my head off!!!!!!!! just work work work for me at the moment.

whl is untouchable when rocking no doubting that!!!!!!!

I love avb passion on the touchline how he goes through the mill how he celebrates our winners.......... people need to understand we all want the same thing.... a successful spurs and an certain Frenchman up the road to suffer the worst case of galloping dog rot known to man for a whole season.

avb wants successful spurs....... fans with different ways of showing it want a successful spurs.......... best start to a epl season ever..... lets bloddy go for it and show our players and manager that know matter what the result/performance........ we are the best ruddy fans in the country.....

viva la spurs!!!!

great post..fantastic...brilliant..Nigeyman and Southgate...spur....tickle my balls with a feather and all that...

right join in all you so called Spurs fans.....................................

We are Tottenham ............We are Tottenham............... Super Tottenham from the Lane....We are Tottenham........Super Tottenham....We are Tottenham from the Lane............

Back