• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

With Kabool back I would be interested to see what AVB does. Especially the link between the DM and the 2 centre backs.

When Brazil played this year it was interesting, Everytime Luiz or Thiago Silva got the ball they would push forward and Gustavo would sit back in to the defence, it was almost like a pivoting back 3 with the 2 centre backs a little higher than Gustavo, this would work well with Sandro and Kaboom and Verts who are very attacking.

In the midfield Paulinho can bomb up and down the pitch and also the full backs have license to step up the pitch due to the Stamina of Sandro and Paulinho. I can really see Holtby/Carroll/Dembele all competing for the 3rd midfield position with the 2 brazilians if we go 4-3-3. Maybe Holtby has the tenacity to be the backup box to boxer. that gives us 5 centre mids including 2 young upcoming players in Tom and Lewis. That leaves SP, Livermore and Hudd. I would personally like AVB to keep Livermore as he would be more likely to be happy on the bench.

And then Sig providing an option further up the pitch on the left competing with Dempsey. On the right it would be Bale or Townsend. In the middle we have Ade who I would like to see trying harder and then another number 9. Where that leaves DEfoe I am not sure. I cannot see us getting a top number 9 and keeping both Defoe and Ade. We do also have Harry Kane but i have not seen enough to know if he can cut it at the top level.

I think RB is covered with Walker and Naughton is decent backup, he should not be judged on his performances at left back as that is not his position. The left back position I have no idea, I love Benny as a character and he has some good games but he makes mistakes, young Rose is raw and seems to want to leave. I hope AVB has a plan here.

Back