• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

The problem has nothing to do with the system it is about playing our best players in their best positions. Arguable two of our best players under Harry have been Bale and Modric. Bale has played his best football on the left wing and Modric his best in central midfield. Today Bale played on the right where he has failed to give one man of the match performance or even to excel in for us while Modric played on the right, and therein lies the rub

I feel so angry i just wanted to reply to this bogus post with "shut up" but you don't deserve that kind of stupid response. I'll just leave it by saying you're wrong.

Wasn't the system that was the problem today. We still dominated possession, chances etc. The problem today was players being played out of position. Personally I'd have started VDV wide right.

We definitely didn't dominate possession.

And talking about players out of position and vdV out wide at the same time is a massive contradiction.

id of had Adebayor in for Saha most likely but that is my favored line up/formation regardless of who is fit

Buying Saha and a few cheap goals from Defoe have just made him take leave of his senses.

The worst thing is that its so obvious. We could all predict what would happen today the second the team was announced.

exactly. Saha was an ok 4th choice back up, but to be displacing VdV isquit frankly a disgrace and an insult to VdV who actually gives everything for the club.

it tinkles me off that people question Rafa's goal tally this season. if you shunt him out to the right he's not going to score. In the home game against arsenal he was on the right but scored by coming in from the left forward position.

it's absoutley crazy treatment of one of the most talented players we've had at the club in years.

i'd really give the job to Benitez. he actually sets his teams up in 21c formations and would have no trouble getting the best out of players like VdV. Harrys lack of nouse is destroying this season.

in fact he didn't even bring our best players to the club. questionable if harry is doing a good job or if the players are in third by default because of their quality.

Rafa is definately one of our best players who is often given stick for a lack of fitness but he is the one who gets crucial goals and assists. Obviously, when not fit he cant be played but when even 80-90%, I would play him ahead of Saha or Defoe. His quality is simply superior.

----------------Friedel-----------------
Walker---Kaboul-------King--------BAE
-------Livermore-Parker-Modric--------
VdV-------------------------------Bale
---------------Adebayor---------------

4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 if you want to get pedantic).

Friedel
Walker Gallas King Ekotto
Kranjcar Parker Modric Bale
Ade VDV

That is under the assumption that Dawson and Lennon are both out injured. If they were fit, they'd slot in instead of Walker and Kranky.

I would play 4-4-2 with Bale on the left and Modric in the middle with Parker.

VDV behind the striker

On the right midfield?

I would actually put Niko there. Yeah I know. He has been absolute dogbrick there lately.

But I would rather have him there than Harry playing our 2 best players out of position

Edit:

Agree with The Moonlit Knight, who was just a second faster than me

Could have easily played 433 today like we have done on the road this season to good effect, if not then you just play Kranjcar in for the injured Lennon like he has done quite often this season. But no, we have to move instrumental players around to accommodate Jermain Defoe and some mish mash 442 formation.

Did you enjoy our performance against Arsenal a couple of weeks ago, you know the won when they wiped out the floor with us? Funny thing though, Defoe did not play, another funny thing, VDV came on at half time and did sweet fuk all.

Everton 39%, Spurs 61%

I dont think we dominated in the right sense, Everton while individually I wouldnt have any of them on our bench simply sat back and played like a division 1 team in a cup game and offered nothing going foward by design and I truly believe would have been happy even if we equalised such has been their fall.

Buying Saha and a few cheap goals from Defoe have just made him take leave of his senses.

The worst thing is that its so obvious. We could all predict what would happen today the second the team was announced.

Yet when VDV came for Saha against Arsenal he did fuk all? I await your response

In most games it should be 4411, Niko in for Lennon. Minimum fuss, no moving players into unfamiliar positions because one fudging player is injured.

For tougher away games such as today then 433/451. Sandro, Parker, Modric central, VDV, Bale, Ade front 3.

442 at home to weak teams or if we haven't got VDV.

Not some amalgamation of the 3 like today.

Actually you got a lot of stick for saying it. Wonder where those people are now...

We need at least one playmaker in the centre. Hudd is out for the season, Modric has to play in the centre.

I feel myself getting allergies whenever I see Parker and Sandro in the middle together against teams that aren't Barcelona. This is not Spurs. This is not what we're good at.

4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 if you want to get pedantic).

Friedel
Walker Gallas King Ekotto
Kranjcar Parker Modric Bale
Ade VDV

That is under the assumption that Dawson and Lennon are both out injured. If they were fit, they'd slot in instead of Walker and Kranky.

you'd have played Gallas, who hasn't played a game for months away from home in tough fixture like this ?

Back