• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

The problem has nothing to do with the system it is about playing our best players in their best positions. Arguable two of our best players under Harry have been Bale and Modric. Bale has played his best football on the left wing and Modric his best in central midfield. Today Bale played on the right where he has failed to give one man of the match performance or even to excel in for us while Modric played on the right, and therein lies the rub

He has a good think about the game in advance. We need another court case to keep his mind off our lineup.
He obviously though Bale couldnt play against Neville because he had an off game against him on a previous occasion.
He moved Bale to the right and his tinkering snowballed from there.

Harry in play players out of position shocker, well actually no he has done it a few times this year and weve got punished for it

I just don't get where this need to ruin the system that had got us to 3rd in the first place has come from?

Buying Saha and a few cheap goals from Defoe have just made him take leave of his senses.

The worst thing is that its so obvious. We could all predict what would happen today the second the team was announced.

It's ridiculous. Since the turn of the year there have been some ridiculous decisions.

1) Corluka out and Forrest Gump as the first choice right back. fudging really?!! A defender that can't defend as our first choice right back?
2) Kaballsup in front of Dawson when both are fit?!! Against fudging really? Another defender that can't defend and is prone to moments of pure stupidity!
3) Yet again we haven't signed a left back that fudging defend ](*,)
4) No cover for Lennon. The closest we have is Pienaar and we let him go out on loan!!!! And even if Lennon IS fit, Lennon doesn't play well with an attacking full back behind him so that's obvious that him and Gump aren't going to gel ](*,)
5) Bale being given a completely free role. He is a fudging left winger. Sure if he isn't getting any joy out there tell him to roam, but don't tell let him do it as standard behaviour!

First half of the season we had a winning simple formula. A balanced midfield, and two up top (although VDV would wander a little too excessively at times). Simple. And recently he has decided to go all Ramos on us and play players out of position and fudge around changing the system and formation every other game and we wonder why we've become inconsistent.

That said, let's not kneejerk too much. Losing away to Everton isn't exactly a shock result. It's the Utd game that has fudged us. We shouldn't be losing our home games to anyone. We beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge then we are still strong favourites for 3rd, let alone 4th.

Injuries.

Could have easily played 433 today like we have done on the road this season to good effect, if not then you just play Kranjcar in for the injured Lennon like he has done quite often this season. But no, we have to move instrumental players around to accommodate Jermain Defoe and some mish mash 442 formation.

I don't know if it's the formation, but we need Rafa and 2 of Defoe and Ade is one too much.

The rest is up for negotiation.

Wasn't the system that was the problem today. We still dominated possession, chances etc. The problem today was players being played out of position. Personally I'd have started VDV wide right.

Formations, Formations, Formations

Has there been a manager that has made these sort of baffling team selections?

Who in there right mind decides to play 4-4-2 away to your biggest rivals who are 10 points behind you and are know to play 5 in midfield? the result is far more important for them yet Arry Redknapp picks 4-4-2 with Niko Kranjcar on the right? do fudge off please.

Then play 4-4-2 against United. Granted it was at home and we played well but why would you suddenly change what has been working?

Today 4-4-2 Agian. First half was scary bad how wer were overrun. It's like he's suddenly deceided to try these new things.

Sorry but this is unacceptable. It's like he knows he's going so he's picking teams and formations he'd not usually pick against good teams. Like he has nothing to lose so might as well try. If this is how he's going to act then let him go now ffs. I've stuck by and supported him throughout his stay with us and i can accept us losing but no way can i accept these decisions that are giving our talented players a disadvantage before we've even started the game.

Outnumbered and steamrollered in midfield.

A huge hole between our (deep sitting) midfielders and our isolated forwards.

No creativity.

No alternative but to hit long balls.

4-4-2 is a stone age system and absolutely suicidal in this league - as we've ridiculously shown the world over the past 3 games.

We've only ourselves to blame. UEFA cup here we come.

Gutter Boy remind me the last time VDV has given an 8/10 performance this season, it has been a while so please refresh my memory

I can't believe he hasn't got someone who can cover for Lennon. With no right side we are so narrow. Bale on the right is a big no no.

Harry is losing it. Perhaps after the initial adrenaline rush of the court case he's now feeling the strain of the whole ordeal, or maybe he's simply distracted by the England job... or maybe a combination of factors. Either way, these tactics are costing us big time.

With the players available, what formation should we be playing?

There's heaps of discussion about formations/players to start etc. Just interested in what everyone else would have done if they were the boss for todays game? (easy in hindsight obviously)

------------------Friedel-----------------
Walker---Kaboul-------King--------BAE
---------Sandro---------Parker---------
VdV--------------Modric------------Bale
------------------Saha------------------

Redknapp has some weird obsession with Adebayor and Saha. It's as if he's scared if he doesn't play Adebayor, Levy will kill him for wasting wages or something.

Can't wait for Arsenal vs Emirates Marketing Project to give us a cushion

Back