• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

4-3-3

Anyone think that we looked better playing 4-3-3 than 4-4-1-1? I felt that we had better balance after Livermore came in for VDV. Of course, we were playing Wigan who didn't offer much going forward. I think that we should continue to play 4-3-3 in matches that both VDV and Defoe are not available.

Anyone think that we looked better playing 4-3-3 than 4-4-1-1? I felt that we had better balance after Livermore came in for VDV. Of course, we were playing Wigan who didn't offer much going forward. I think that we should continue to play 4-3-3 in matches that both VDV and Defoe are not available.

Our best formation imo.
But Harry is not gonna drop one of Lennon and VDV regularly.

I think to play 4-3-3 we need to sign a Goalscoring Right sided attacker (Remy?). Massive Lennon fan but doesnt score enough to play 4-3-3.

But saying that, maybe if we play regularly, Lennon will get more goals! e defensive work is unreal so he cant cheat and be on half way line ready to score all the time

I think to play 4-3-3 we need to sign a Goalscoring Right sided attacker (Remy?). Massive Lennon fan but doesnt score enough to play 4-3-3.

But saying that, maybe if we play regularly, Lennon will get more goals! e defensive work is unreal so he cant cheat and be on half way line ready to score all the time

Pedro :-"

if by the 4-3-3 you mean the formation we played at Norwich then Im all for it. That little period where we had Scott and Sandro playing i thought was our best line up, it Gave modders more license to get forward, create and have shots, opened up space for Bale to roam and got VDV more involved with the build up as well as Ade. And with BAE and Kyle have the pace to get down the flanks and give us the width we still stretch other teams and have two Defensive Midfielders who can cover.

This:

------- Kaboul------King-------
Walker--------------------BAE
----------Sandro---------------
------------------Parker--------
-----------Modric--------------
----VDV------------Bale-------
---------Adebayor------------

Harry doesn't agree with you, he said we lacked speed and Ade was left alone up front with Bale and Kanky supposedly supporting him.

its funny but people said the same about bale until he changed his movements

all lennon has to do is switch up his movements abit more. come narrow, vary things up abit you know......then he'll score more.

If we had Naughton back we would have cover for both Full back positions and a possible winger as he is pretty good going forward.

Four Four Two

I have been banging the drum for 442 all season. As I have been saying this formation does not leave Ade isolated and we have two strikers causing problems for their centre backs. Long may we continue with this formation

I have been banging the drum for 442 all season. As I have been saying this formation does not leave Ade isolated and we have two strikers causing problems for their centre backs. Long may we continue with this formation

At home against a non existent opposition midfield and you're grand.

Against opposition playing 4-4-2 and you'll be fine.

Against 4-3-3 you may well struggle.

I love it when the Spurs play 4-4-2 because you normally see plenty of good football and goals.

Harry knows imv, so I can't slate him for playing 4-4-1-1 with VDV.

We can also play a defensive 4-5-1 if need be.

These are fantastic options to have.

Wait till Thudd's back in the QB position!

Im a very big fan of 442 and love it. There is a case for playing 433 etc but I wanna go to Arse in a couple of weeks playing 442. Let opposition worry about us for a change

At home against a non existent opposition midfield and you're grand.

Against 4-3-3 you may well struggle.

We score more goals and Ade is more effective when he has a partner

I remember Spurs playing 442 in the past beating both Arsenal and Chelsea playing 433 at the Lane under Harry

Were we playing 442? Kranjcar and Bale occasionally seemed to think they were strikers.

What I took from today was that there was more willingless to get in the box or ahead of the ball. I don't think that's 100% to do with the formation. Recent games when Adebayor's made a run down the wing I've glanced up and seen that no-one's in the box! bloody frustrating. Today when that happened we had at least one of Bale, Kranjcar or Saha in there keeping defenders occupied and providing a target to cross to.

who do you want to play up front in the 442? surely you wouldnt want to play any player you consider "such a poor poor player"

Last edited:
Were we playing 442? Kranjcar and Bale occasionally seemed to think they were strikers.

What I took from today was that there was more willingless to get in the box or ahead of the ball. I don't think that's 100% to do with the formation. Recent games when Adebayor's made a run down the wing I've glanced up and seen that no-one's in the box! bloody frustrating. Today when that happened we had at least one of Bale, Kranjcar or Saha in there keeping defenders occupied and providing a target to cross to.

Agreed. We seemed to have lots of options in and around the box today. That doesnt always seem to be the case whatever formation we are playing - and especially if VDV is playing QB when he should be supporting the front man.

Back