• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aston Villa - Now without added John Terry

Aston Villa lost ?ú54m in the year from 1 June 2010 to 31 May 2011, the club has announced.

Which is why they then had to sell Downing and Young, although their contracts were running down so they'd have had to anyway.

My bad but yeah what a loss for a top level club to lose that amount i don't see how. They must be paying their players brick loads or charging their fans nothing.

Wages rocketed under O'Neill (from memory they got to something like 90% of turnover) and when he was told he would have to reduce the wage bill, he walked.

Wages rocketed under O'Neill (from memory they got to something like 90% of turnover) and when he was told he would have to reduce the wage bill, he walked.

They were doing a City, just on a smaller scale. Overpaying on fees, but especially wages, for no more than average players. Only getting results due to O'Neill's dour tactics, but unable to break into the top 4 they needed to cut back on the spending and wait for contracts to run out to get rid of their high earners.

MON's biggest flaw is his inability to utilise a squad, leading to burnout for the first choice players and millions wasted on bench warmers.

I suppose having a club you dislike intensely is all relative to our own experiences, but this is one I want to see suffer. Can't stand Chelsea or Arsenal and pleased to see Leeds and West Ham become mired in tier two. Would enjoy watching Villa go in that direction. Long, anguish-filled relegation battle and final day grief - too big to go down, they said! And then PLOP! DROP! FLOUNDER!

There's a cluster of Villa tacos in my area who think they're special because they support Villa and we should all bow down to their noble ways. Fukkyiz, ya numb-plumbed bastards! Also really can't stand that dreadful claret and pale blue colour combo. Looks like something hotel staff wear.

Death spiral, such badly managed clubs don't do well with relegation (Leeds, Portsmouth, etc.)

They will be lucky if they are still in championship in 2 years.

All Sherwood's fault though. And Redknapp. I heard he broke into their offices and fiddled the finances.

Very funny :rolleyes: the truth is they got a new owner ( Learner) who thought he could buy the dream ( a bit like Leeds did), he appointed a manager who thought he could throw a lot of money at average players and win the Lge. There were fans in our club who ( lets say like to slag Levy off) who wished, prayed we had a owner who was ambitious as Learner and said we were going to be overtaken by YET another club.

Now look at them, nearly broke, on their way to relegation and the poor fans who wanted to live the dream suffering. Now that does remind of a few clubs that employed " rent a quote" :)

The thing is, if you have money there is no excuse for not reaching the potential of your finances, all you have to do is buy the right players, fudging it up with money is only possible if you employ idiots.

The thing is, if you have money there is no excuse for not reaching the potential of your finances, all you have to do is buy the right players, fudgeing it up with money is only possible if you employ idiots.

If only it was that simple!
Look at Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool. For every Leicester City there a 30 + Fulham's.
You need some luck to sign and then keep a Suarez or a Mahrez!

Very funny :rolleyes: the truth is they got a new owner ( Learner) who thought he could buy the dream ( a bit like Leeds did), he appointed a manager who thought he could throw a lot of money at average players and win the Lge. There were fans in our club who ( lets say like to slag Levy off) who wished, prayed we had a owner who was ambitious as Learner and said we were going to be overtaken by YET another club.

Now look at them, nearly broke, on their way to relegation and the poor fans who wanted to live the dream suffering. Now that does remind of a few clubs that employed " rent a quote" :)

My criticisms of Levy stem from previous transfer windows, I have 100% confidence in the financial stability of the club though and would never question his running of the club in that aspect.

I repeat, the chairman is responsible for running the finances. Don't get me wrong, Redknapp must have known that Portsmouth for example couldn't really afford to buy all the players they did so he deserves his share of the blame, but ultimately, the chairman should be big enough to say "No" when he has to.

Villa should be a threat to us if they were run properly.

My criticisms of Levy stem from previous transfer windows, I have 100% confidence in the financial stability of the club though and would never question his running of the club in that aspect.

I repeat, the chairman is responsible for running the finances. Don't get me wrong, Redknapp must have known that Portsmouth for example couldn't really afford to buy all the players they did so he deserves his share of the blame, but ultimately, the chairman should be big enough to say "No" when he has to.

Villa should be a threat to us if they were run properly.

Yep, even the most rabid anti-Levy voices know we have no worries about fiscal health with his management.

Villa could have been a threat, that boat has sailed, honestly Southampton, West Ham and a few others have stepped into the gap .. I really think Villa as the side we knew is done, they are off to the wilderness of lower leagues and we will probably talk about them as we do clubs like Forest & Leeds ...

They could sink, or they could yoyo like Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been doing (another club with management issues). It's hard to say for sure.

They have been so bad though, it's hard to see them recovering.

Yoyo? We've been relegated once in the last 26 years (although yes that might become twice in 8 years under Mike Ashley).

Yoyo? We've been relegated once in the last 26 years (although yes that might become twice in 8 years under Mike Ashley).

Yoyo is probably the wrong term, but I was thinking of you going down, getting promoted with Hughton, doing well under Pardew, then struggling, now fighting relegation again (and as you say, if you go down twice in 8 years, that's quite a lot of turbulence).

Villa might find a Hughton type who steadies it and gets them back up, or they might just do a Leeds and get worse.

Back