• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we out of the title race?

After losing to City, are we out of the title race?

• Yes, we're out of the title race

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • No, we can still win it

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters

Pandy

Ramon Vega
8 points off City, 5 points off United with 16 games to play, what do people think?

Will we keep beating the smaller teams? Will we beat United at home? Will City drop a lot of points?

As long as we get a win against Wigan I think the gap between us and the Manchester clubs could stave off some of the pressure on us, which should help us continue to pick up wins at home and I fancy us to get at least 6 points from United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

By the time we play Swansea at the end of March we could conceivably be 6 points off City and on a similar total to United and from there on in we have 8 games where 8 wins and 24 points is certainly a realistic target. City have to travel to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal in that time along with a home game against United, who have a run-in similar to ours apart from the Manchester derby.

I think it's going to be very close as long as we don't pull a Spurs :rolleyes:

If you offered me 3rd now, I would take it. Give us a good run in the FA Cup (ie win it) and then build for a real title push in the summer.

In answer to the question, I don't think we are completely out of it, but we shouldn't be thinking about it. Just keep doing what we do and see where we end up.

Lose one game by a thread = our title chances are over!!!!

if we're within 5 points at the end of march we will have a chance to win it.. our last 10ish games, with the exception of chelsea at stamford, are very winnable..

It's going to take a dramatic swing. At 5pts we had a chance, but the boost/belief they will get from that victory is unmeasurable and obviously an 8pts gap.

If we didnt still have to go to Liverpool,Chelsea and Arsenal and maybe had them to come at home instead, we could argue we could still overhaul the deficit. I feel its a shade too much.

Our players certainly shouldn't be thinking about the title, we will have a job on to come 4th and 3rd first, but if we keep plugging away over the next 2 months we could make a charge for the title in April and May.

Or we could be languishing in 8th wondering where it all went wrong and how Stoke managed to overtake us!

The team know they could have, maybe should have won today. No other team has rattled the cheating bastards on their turf.

Let's go to Cheatski, Lolerpool, Scum etc knowing we can win....

Lottery winners could still implode. I'm more concerned about United.

I think we're superb value at 25/1.

COYS! (Voted yes btw!)(edit: in that yes we can still win the league!)

Last edited:
Like I said before, if we can get within 6 points after the United game, we have a great chance. Sadly I cannot see that being the case right now

We are in a luxury position. The target was 4th, and sitting pretty in third at this stage is great. Need to keep that up and see how high we can get.

We are not out of the Title race. Beat Wigan, City lose, and its same same, just a week on. Dont think we will win it, but my next best think would be Man U win it, and we pip City to second.

Still think we will need a win a The Bridge to cement a place above Chelsea.

Realistically. we were never in the title race. If we can get third and dont have to qualify for the CL that would be massive and should be our target. To achieve this we simply MUST bring in another ADE type striker.

Next 6 games

City United Spurs
Everton (a) Stoke (h) Wigan (h)
Fulham (h) Chelsea (a) Liverpool (a)
Villa (a) Liverpool (h) Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)
Blackburn (h) Norwich (a) Arsenal (a)
Bolton (h) Spurs (a) United (h)
Swansea (a) WBA (h) Everton (a)

I think Spurs and United will both struggle to close the gap in the next 6 games. Being realaistic I would have to say City will probably gain 1pt more than both in that run.
With their GD we would have to gain 10 more pts than City in the last 10 games. Massive ask.

It's possible if City collapse, we put another big run together and do the thing we haven't done in eleven years...

Beat Manchester United

What you have to remember is that it took us 20 games to close a 9 point gap to 3 (so we only gained 6 points on them). We now have to gain 8 (realistically 9) in 16 games. We also have a lot harder away games then we did in the first half and they play nearly every big team at home. If we did manage to win the title from here, it would be the greatest title win, certainly in the Premier League.

we need to concentrate on seeing off chelsea for 3rd and having a really good go at winning the cup. not all that unlikely we'll be the best side left in it come next weekend. liverpool are awful but i'd always fancy them to beat united at anfield.

Back