• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone here ITK on mobile phones

I'll be interested in your experience with the Lenovo 7percent. I very nearly pulled the trigger on one before I bought the 6s plus

I ordered a lenovo vibe shot from china a couple of months ago, it had a dud battery so I've sent it back. Think I am going to ask for a replacement rather than a refund. Thought I would still ask though what phone you guys would go for, for up to about ~£250

Was drawn to the vibe shot because of it's looks and dedicated camera shutter button. Also seems to be much of a muchness with phone specs at the mo. I know 4g won't work on o2 but I've survived this far without 4g so don't feel too bothered.

I order my phone cases from aliexpress and there are a fair few available for the z5 compact. for about £3 a pop it's not a huge gamble quality wise.

o2 do 4G

Due a phone upgrade, but happy to keep my phone. Anyone got any advice on what sim only contract or non-contract to go for?

Due a phone upgrade, but happy to keep my phone. Anyone got any advice on what sim only contract or non-contract to go for?
GiffGaff are usually the ones most highly recommended.

It's a bit no-frills, so they can keep the cost down. If you need support you'll have to use their forums, sometimes you'll have to enter your own MMS settings, etc. Their prices have gone up recently though, especially for higher data users. Watch out for their "always on" data goodybag - you only get the first 6G at normal speeds then it's heavily throttled for the rest of the month.

If you use a lot of data then you're probably better off on 3 - they do an all you can eat data package for £20/month if you pay by direct debit.

Thanks, I guess I need to look at what I'm using to figure out the deal I need. And it looks like it's on O2, so I need to see what coverage is like, currently on EE.

I'm on giffgaff, I'm happy with it :)

I'm not a heavy/business user though. It uses the o2 network so if your o2 signal isnt great neither is your giffgaff. Quite a cool feature is you run out of minutes/data you can start your next month's package early.

GiffGaff are usually the ones most highly recommended.

It's a bit no-frills, so they can keep the cost down. If you need support you'll have to use their forums, sometimes you'll have to enter your own MMS settings, etc. Their prices have gone up recently though, especially for higher data users. Watch out for their "always on" data goodybag - you only get the first 6G at normal speeds then it's heavily throttled for the rest of the month.

If you use a lot of data then you're probably better off on 3 - they do an all you can eat data package for £20/month if you pay by direct debit.

I'm on an all you can eat data SIM only deal with 3 for just under £15 a month but it is a few years old. Credit to them for not upping the fees though, every other mobile phone company I have been with has been a bugger for that. My girlfriend got the same contract earlier this year and is paying £17, so it is still decent value.

3's no data roaming charges deal is great to if you regularly go to countries where it is in place.

I'm on an all you can eat data SIM only deal with 3 for just under £15 a month but it is a few years old. Credit to them for not upping the fees though, every other mobile phone company I have been with has been a bugger for that. My girlfriend got the same contract earlier this year and is paying £17, so it is still decent value.

3's no data roaming charges deal is great to if you regularly go to countries where it is in place.

Same here, just under £13 and a rolling monthly contract. Only 200 mins talktime but that's enough for me (tend to use WhatsApp). As you say, they have increased the price and it's a 12 month contract - they have added tethering though (which is great at 4g). As Billy mentioned, using a Sony Xperia compact for the time being and happy (although a lot of Sony software!). And it's a Virgin mobile phone i'vehad to make some Rom changes to allow 4G LTE from 3.

How is a 4.6inch screen considered a compact nowadays.

The best bet for a cheap deal is to ring your existing provider, tell them your out of contract and see what SIM only deal they can offer you. Tell them there are better offers elsewhere. With Vodafone they offered me a half price deal to their regular sim only tariff so got 3gb of 4G data, unlimited texts and unlimited minutes for £11 a month including 6 months of spotify premium. I had to commit to a year to get that.

anybody tried a windows phone?
good, bad?

yeah, my wife has a work one, it's a bit fiddly compared to iOS in some ways and it's annoying that you can only sync contacts via an MS account, but things are very logical, I kinda like it, it would be my second choice OS

yeah, my wife has a work one, it's a bit fiddly compared to iOS in some ways and it's annoying that you can only sync contacts via an MS account, but things are very logical, I kinda like it, it would be my second choice OS

I hate the configuration of the things. Everything feels like it is in the wrong place. I'm sure that you'd get used to it but I didn't take to them.
Cheers to you both for the input.

I have a pain in my derrière with iOS so I'm looking to jump ship to android or windows. I quite like my sons android tablets, but I also kinda like the look of the windows phone gui. I use Windows 10 and 7 for work mostly so I was hoping they would knit together well. I think I'd like to get my hands on a Windows 10 phone before I make the decision.

I still think Nokia make amazing hardware for Windows phones. I loved the Lumia 1020 and the camera was perfect. It was the lack of essential apps that eventually caused me to go back to Apple

Cheers to you both for the input.

I have a pain in my derrière with iOS so I'm looking to jump ship to android or windows. I quite like my sons android tablets, but I also kinda like the look of the windows phone gui. I use Windows 10 and 7 for work mostly so I was hoping they would knit together well. I think I'd like to get my hands on a Windows 10 phone before I make the decision.
I'm pretty sure you can get an android skin that makes the basis a bit like windows

You can sync windows phone contacts with any account. I think the layout is much better than IOS personally, more personalised but IOS has way way better apps.

Back