• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone ever bought a made to measure shirt online?

scaramanga

Paul Miller
Staff member
The guy who used to make my shirts has retired taking my details with him. I have a wedding to attend in a month and I don't know when I'll have time to find a new tailor I like.

Someone suggested there are lots of online tailors - has anyone used one before? Are they any good?

Ha ha you're such a ponce sometimes.

My jeweller recently retired and I wanted him to set some sapphires in a cravate pin for me. Does anyone know of a jeweller with a rich heritage in this area? I don't know when I'll have time to find one myself, I might even find myself entering the "high street" with all the plebs

Ha ha you're such a ponce sometimes.

My jeweller recently retired and I wanted him to set some sapphires in a cravate pin for me. Does anyone know of a jeweller with a rich heritage in this area? I don't know when I'll have time to find one myself, I might even find myself entering the "high street" with all the plebs
I am, I admit.

I can also answer your question - there's a very good jeweller who set the diamond in my wife's wedding ring. He's not on a high street, but he is in Southsea which will mean driving through Portsmouth. So there will be lots of plebs, it's a bit like the Liverpool of the South.

I think they were the ones that estimated me £350 for a plain titanium wedding band... not sure if that included them setting up their own mining company and getting it out the ground themselves.

To be fair, the wedding show was in Chi but being an on the ball northerner i, naturally, told them where to go.

I think they were the ones that estimated me £350 for a plain titanium wedding band... not sure if that included them setting up their own mining company and getting it out the ground themselves.

To be fair, the wedding show was in Chi but being an on the ball northerner i, naturally, told them where to go.
Steer clear of wedding shows, go in and ask the owner face to face.

That said, I have a very thin wedding band from there and that price sounds about right.

Last edited:
So I bought one in the end, from tailorstore.co.uk

£50 delivered and it took 10 days from order to landing on my desk (via Sri Lanka, I believe). All I had to do was measure a shirt that l like the fit of, choose my details (I went for a traditional collar with stays, single french cuff and some purple button hole stitching) and pay the money.

They sent me 3 progress photos as it was being made (a nice touch) and it fits every bit as good as the shirt I took the measurements from. If you don't have a shirt that fits well you can measure yourself and they will allow the extra themselves.

Overall an excellent service, and seeing as what I'd consider a baseline shirt from M&S would have cost me £35 not that expensive.

Scara, it sounds like you've had a good experience but, it's good to note that online tailors are granted arge amount of leeway, when the piece is made (and as it's 'custom' are unlikely to give you a refund) in regards to fittings.

So, some maybe less than reputable online 'tailors' ruin what's actually a good idea.

Scara, it sounds like you've had a good experience but, it's good to note that online tailors are granted arge amount of leeway, when the piece is made (and as it's 'custom' are unlikely to give you a refund) in regards to fittings.

So, some maybe less than reputable online 'tailors' ruin what's actually a good idea.
I read a lot of reviews before committing. There are some that had really poor reviews but this one had a couple of people saying that if you send a photo of it not fitting they pay for a local tailor to refit or send you a new one.

@ Scara. Where do you get your underwear from?
My underwear tailor migrated to the UK - apparently because of the huge demand from the elite around London.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Back