• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

Surprise suprise levy n Spurs low balling and trying to get player on the cheap .. Serves us right If Chelsea or some one else comes in and signs him ... When are we ever going to show some real conviction in market get players signed before any media outlet or supposed itk know ... It's beyond joke at this stage .. Low balling German team as well for their best young player .. It's a nonsense ..

I agree not paying silly money when players simply not worth it like 32 m quoted for benteke but if it's 15 offered but 18m gets the Monaco just bloody pay it and show some balls .. We lost a great little player with Willian cos of acting the maggots .. He should have been locked down . Does levy ever learn ?

Surprise suprise levy n Spurs low balling and trying to get player on the cheap .. Serves us right If Chelsea or some one else comes in and signs him ... When are we ever going to show some real conviction in market get players signed before any media outlet or supposed itk know ... It's beyond joke at this stage .. Low balling German team as well for their best young player .. It's a nonsense ..

I agree not paying silly money when players simply not worth it like 32 m quoted for benteke but if it's 15 offered but 18m gets the Monaco just bloody pay it and show some balls .. We lost a great little player with Willian cos of acting the maggots .. He should have been locked down . Does levy ever learn ?

how do you know whats been bid or what will get the player?

we signed several players last summer and the one prior before any ITK or news outlet reported it

what does acting the maggots mean? you do know that the transfer fee had been agreed with Shaktar and that Willian had agreed terms with us and was pinched by Chelsea before the medical had taken place so no formal agreement could be signed?

I wish you was our chairman, then you'd see how simple it all really is....

how do you know whats been bid or what will get the player?

we signed several players last summer and the one prior before any ITK or news outlet reported it

what does acting the maggots mean? you do know that the transfer fee had been agreed with Shaktar and that Willian had agreed terms with us and was pinched by Chelsea before the medical had taken place so no formal agreement could be signed?

We had Willian literally doing a medical by all accounts , how was it that Chelsea cud nip in and sign him if such a case ? I know agents pimping him out etc etc but to be at that stage everything should have been nailed down and deal done end of .. It should never have got to stage anyway if we agreed everything that another club cud come in at very last second

As for no one knew of signings last summer of prior .. Well u just have to come on to any Spurs forum to get whiff of who we were or are about to sign before it happens .. That is fact .. Only player I can think of in recent times we signed without anyone even mentioning his name was modric !!

I wish you was our chairman, then you'd see how simple it all really is....

I have no doubt it's a tough job but we are not talking a huge gap of money to get deals done .. It's reported we have bid 15m for martial but they want 18m which we won't go to .. Maybe that's wrong maybe it's true but I want some conviction . If Spurs really want player they should have him signed before agent gets chance to shoot his load to press or for any itk to claim he is the king of inside info ... Every transfer is dragged out to fudge allowing bigger teams to nip in and take the player and not allowing us to become stronger .. Season after season it happens . Identify players we want get then signed ASAP and do what it takes in transfer talks to get it over line before clubs know what da fudge is happening

No, he named a couple of players including Martial who weren't for sale then basically said everyone else had their price...

there was a name missing from that list, the young Belgian winger who scored the 3rd goal in the Arsanal game, Carrasco or something like that. He looks like an interesting talent too

It seems to me you make things up as you go along. :rolleyes:

Thanks Billy but that was published two days ago...since then we've heard the manager being quoted as saying Martial is not for sale...

AS Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim rules out the sale of Tottenham target Anthony Martial

We had Willian literally doing a medical by all accounts , how was it that Chelsea cud nip in and sign him if such a case ? I know agents pimping him out etc etc but to be at that stage everything should have been nailed down and deal done end of .. It should never have got to stage anyway if we agreed everything that another club cud come in at very last second

As for no one knew of signings last summer of prior .. Well u just have to come on to any Spurs forum to get whiff of who we were or are about to sign before it happens .. That is fact .. Only player I can think of in recent times we signed without anyone even mentioning his name was modric !!

We would be fools to sign contracts before a medical is complete and until a contract is signed a player can go where they want.

Chelsea can blow us out of the water on wages, their owner is very well connected in Russia and received a tip off from Anzhi.

I fail to see what you think we could have done differently.

We would be fools to sign contracts before a medical is complete and until a contract is signed a player can go where they want.

Chelsea can blow us out of the water on wages, their owner is very well connected in Russia and received a tip off from Anzhi.

I fail to see what you think we could have done differently.

If multiverse theory is correct there should be multiple universes out there where we did sign Willian. We could blame Levy for making of us exist in this universe instead of another one... Seems a bit harsh perhaps, but it would fit in with the rest of the Levy blaming people get up to.

Great shout. He just doesn't look like a very capable dribbler. That whole video just looks like him running at terrible defenders on the counter, barely manipulating the ball but still managing to gain plenty of space for the shot/cross. Reminds me of videos of Chadli before we signed him.

Welbeck would have been a poor signing last year. Mediocre player who isn't good enough if we want to break into the top 4, and would have blocked Kane's path to the first team.

Sure, Welbeck would be okay as a backup striker, but if we are going to be signing players of his calibre to play on the wing, we may as well give up now.

I registered my reluctance to sign Mo Salah in another thread, but he would be 10 times the signing that Welbeck (or any similar player) would be. Again, the name Ayoze Perez has been brought up, and while I think he is also a limited player who hasn't had a great deal of game time in the wide areas, he at least looks tricky and direct.

If we were signing Martial as a squad player, then fine, but we are kidding ourselves if we think we're in the position to spend £18m on a squad player.

Besides the games against Arsenal, in which he didn't stand out, that Youtube video is the only time I have seen this guy, so I might be wrong
I don't really get that.... Welbeck is a mediocre player not good enough to be helping us get into the top four and yet he was able to help Arsenal to finish 3rd last season?

Back