• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

I would prefer Perez from Saudi Sportswashing Machine, only a year older and knows the league.

Would love to see Martial at Spurs, potensially a + £40 mill man in a couple of years time. Pace, vision, goalscoring ability and strenght good enough to make it in the PL.

Couldn't resist - looks a reasonable youngster actually
My only concern based on that is that I haven't seen what he can do against a compact defence. That's not to say he can't perform against one, I'd just like to reserve judgement until I see it.

The only team that will give us that much space in behind next season will be Villa.

My only concern based on that is that I haven't seen what he can do against a compact defence. That's not to say he can't perform against one, I'd just like to reserve judgement until I see it.

The only team that will give us that much space in behind next season will be Villa.
You mean like they did against us this year at WHL?

Captain Bellend changed his methods for his two cup finals last season but he'll revert to type next season.
Thanks Nostradamus.

Surely though it makes more sense to look to the past to predict the future? Sherwood beat us (and deservingly so) at WHL last season playing a certain way. I would imagine he'll set his team up to play exactly the same way again next season. I'm just hoping that next season Pochettino has a better way of countering that and ensuring we are the better team on the day.

Thanks Nostradamus.

Surely though it makes more sense to look to the past to predict the future? Sherwood beat us (and deservingly so) at WHL last season playing a certain way. I would imagine he'll set his team up to play exactly the same way again next season. I'm just hoping that next season Pochettino has a better way of countering that and ensuring we are the better team on the day.
That'll be very tough for Poch.

After all, Captain Bellend know both the football tactics - chuck everything at 'em and sit really deep and lump it to the isolated big man. Very soon he'll have finished his work on his masterpiece - the first new football tactic since the inception of the game - "Shuffle across a bit"

That'll be very tough for Poch.

After all, Captain Bellend know both the football tactics - chuck everything at 'em and sit really deep and lump it to the isolated big man. Very soon he'll have finished his work on his masterpiece - the first new football tactic since the inception of the game - "Shuffle across a bit"

Except the 'big man' was clearly far from isolated. As I said before hopefully Pochettino has a better way of countering it next season.

Anyway back to Martial and the comparison with Danny Welbeck.... I'd be more than happy with that. I thought Welbeck was a player we should've tried harder sign last year and he would've given us a good option as a player able to play as a wide forward or as the number 9.

It's saying something when you have to go back up to the top to see what thread you're in again! :rolleyes:

So, Martial - Yeah, lets get this done before someone gazumps us shall we?

yeah. he looks like danny welbeck

Great shout. He just doesn't look like a very capable dribbler. That whole video just looks like him running at terrible defenders on the counter, barely manipulating the ball but still managing to gain plenty of space for the shot/cross. Reminds me of videos of Chadli before we signed him.

Except the 'big man' was clearly far from isolated. As I said before hopefully Pochettino has a better way of countering it next season.

Anyway back to Martial and the comparison with Danny Welbeck.... I'd be more than happy with that. I thought Welbeck was a player we should've tried harder sign last year and he would've given us a good option as a player able to play as a wide forward or as the number 9.

Welbeck would have been a poor signing last year. Mediocre player who isn't good enough if we want to break into the top 4, and would have blocked Kane's path to the first team.

Sure, Welbeck would be okay as a backup striker, but if we are going to be signing players of his calibre to play on the wing, we may as well give up now.

I registered my reluctance to sign Mo Salah in another thread, but he would be 10 times the signing that Welbeck (or any similar player) would be. Again, the name Ayoze Perez has been brought up, and while I think he is also a limited player who hasn't had a great deal of game time in the wide areas, he at least looks tricky and direct.

If we were signing Martial as a squad player, then fine, but we are kidding ourselves if we think we're in the position to spend £18m on a squad player.

Besides the games against Arsenal, in which he didn't stand out, that Youtube video is the only time I have seen this guy, so I might be wrong

Back