• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

Sounds like a political move. Just giving United a little nudge, that if you think you're going to just unsettle our players and get them to destabilise us then they won't have it their own way.

Not that I believe we can get Martial, more that we will get a ridiculously high fee. Daniel Levy + Woodward = world records being broken

This. I thought he did well to get back in to challenge the striker (was it Gayle?) but then got a yard too close so Gayle dived full length. For a second I thought the ref had given it, as he pointed vaguely towards the spot/offside line. So apart from getting 1 yard too close and inviting a cheat to dive, he did really, really well.

I thought it was a straight choice between KWP and Sissoko so was disappointed to see both playing, KWP has miles more technique and team play than Sissoko

Bondy's driving today, Sandra's taken the car to Bognor with Rosie.

...but Louise has popped out to buy a loaf of bread

I think Martial is a triffic little player, you'd want him in your side.

fb332ef19c34c58d1d8572e2d3642d6f66cb2c00adfbb4a8ae886e5617a8435e.jpg

' levy we have a problem'

' the bid you launched is classed as a low-ball offer sir'

"Yes i know ... we have a simple policy at spurs ... low ball the fudge for bids going out, and high ball the fudge out of the universe for bids coming in.

They will say that im mean ... them words dont hurt me as i glance at the balance sheet"

"Yes i know ... we have a simple policy at spurs ... low ball the fudge for bids going out, and high ball the fudge out of the universe for bids coming in.

They will say that im mean ... them words dont hurt me as i glance at the balance sheet"

Is you saying that most of our Launched bids fail to even break out of earths atmosphere?

I don't see what is wrong with that policy to be honest. Especially if it means we get the best deal. I cannot see this happening because Mourinho, as a general rule, doesn't sell good players to his rivals. But, I see no problem with lowballing on this one. What has Martial actually achieved in his time at Man United? He joined in 2015 on a 4 year contract, so has 2 years left and if things continue, he will not be signing an extension any time soon.

Now, assuming that this is all true, I don't see how this is in any way placating any of our fans. It certainly isn't on this forum!! Levy didn't lowball the fudge out of Sissoko, did he? Or Lamela? Or Eriksen, or Son. So why would he do it here? As others have said, why would you go in high on a first offer or even close to what you are prepared to pay whilst at the same time going for a younger player from Ajax for £35m. There's a lack of consistency there to assume that this is just to placate the fans and media that Spurs are "showing ambition", don't you think?

I think it was the secretfootballer who gave a real indication as to how player transfers work, and if I can find it I will share the link. But essentially it went something like club approaches player's representatives first to establish if the player would even consider joining the club. From that, the player representatives give an indication as to what sort of fee would be amenable to the selling club and negotiations begin. Now, I don't know anything about negotiations on footballers, but I do know that in negotiations you do not start with a price that is at the highest you are willing to pay.

I also don't believe in Aguero being anything but a genuine attempt to get the player in. It's almost as if the club cannot win in this situation. Don't try to go for big players, not showing enough ambition. Go for big players but get refused, it's because you are not showing enough ambition in the number of zeros at the end of the cheque. Buy an unknown, that someone would need to google, and you're not showing enough ambition (Alli, Dier, Trippier, Walker, Rose, NJie, Nkoudou). As it turned out we did go for Morata, but he didn't want to come because he didn't have the ambition to fight for a place.

Lowballing the fudge for bids going out has resulted in the following players being bought for quite good amounts: Wanyama, Eriksen, VdV. There is value out there in the market, so why not try and get it! You are surely not going to get it by being all flash and showing how large your wallet is.

25 mil according to a reputable manc forum misguided from their forum.

The "bid" alone shows How serious we when we are asking for silly money for our players.

Appease fans ... modric could have gone for more to Chelsea ... Danny knows there would have been a massive fall out. Again with bale to utd.

So you assume that danny didn't listen to rose after his spat and think we may have an issue here that the squad and fans feel ... i commend danny to even try to address it.

But like aguero this is just an exercise rather than genuine attempt in getting tis player.

Yet he sold Walker to Emirates Marketing Project, a club with whom we have a pretty good relationship.

There was an article not so long ago that said Man United were not prepared to do business with Spurs over Modric, so why would that have changed with regards to Bale? As for Chelsea, just how many signings have there been between the two clubs since Arnesen. How many players have they nipped from under our noses, and yet we should sell to them just because they are offering more money? Yet the simple narrative is to say that Levy only did what he did to appease the fans and to avoid a backlash. If that was his prime concern, I would imagine that we wouldn't have sold Walker, and we would have bought Chicharito and Arnautovic. Just so that we can get players in early to bed in.

Oh dear ... it was a compliment.

I have a business on a much much smaller much much smaller scale to danny. Can't knock the basics!

Why are you buying in to this ... We can't unsettle a player by offering less wages and certainly can't expect a bargain from the period mob, especially since we have fleeced them nicely of late.

This is a levy special to appease fans/ players.... smacks of our "bid" for aguero.

What a load of rubbish.

What a load of nonsense, Levy doesn't do things to appease fans. A section of fans have been whinging for years about how he does business, has he changed? Not in the slightest....

Agree, but some will always winge away.

I also don't believe in Aguero being anything but a genuine attempt to get the player in. I

Oh, no. The rest of your post makes some reasonable points, but not this one. After 29 days of utterly mystifying inactivity, *three* bids apparently go out in the final few hours of a window for Giuseppe Rossi, Aguero and Llorente - all 30m+, when our previous transfer record was half that, and with barely any time left to actually negotiate the bids in good faith.

Nobody can feasibly argue that those transparently laughable bids for Aguero, Rossi and Llorente were anything other than last-minute attempts to appease the fans in a season where we expected Levy and co. to push the boat out.

Back