• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ante Rebic

Spursalot

Jimmy McCormick
Rumours seem to be growing with this kid. 19 year old Croatian U21 international.

Reports in Croatia today claim Tottenham are closing in on their first summer transfer: NK Split’s 19-year-old striker Ante Rebic for 6 million euros.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...croatian-striker-ante-rebic-croatian-reports/

Tottenham are interested in Croatia Under 21 international Ante Rebic

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/4...sfer-news-croatian-youngster-rebic-summer.htm

[video=youtube;aHkWeHg9YUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHkWeHg9YUo[/video]

“For sure [he would like to move to England],” Dikic told Goal.com. “But it would have to be a good club, because [RNK Split] are asking minimum €5m, and not every club can afford that.

“He is a regular for the Croatia Under-21s and I think he will now be selected for the national team against Scotland.

“Ante is confident in himself and he would like a move. England is number one and Germany. The way of playing is attractive, fast.

“Absolutely [Tottenham would be a good club for him]. The way of playing from Tottenham, and the way of playing from Ante, maybe, maybe, the right club.

“Because offensively Ante is good - he's big, strong, fast - it could be an ideal situation.”

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/4...ttenham-the-ideal-club-for-rebic-claims-agent

His agent.

if we are looking at a young striker, I like Vydra. Wonder if Udinese will want to do a deal

if we are looking at a young striker, I like Vydra. Wonder if Udinese will want to do a deal

Udinese don't do deals unless it's silly money. They're part of a production line for players so their owners can get even more filthy rich.

Blimey.........!

Three posts in to a thread about a potential signing and the only thing you have to say about it is to start talking about a completely different player!!!!! Why not start another thread?!!

Blimey.........!

Three posts in to a thread about a potential signing and the only thing you have to say about it is to start talking about a completely different player!!!!! Why not start another thread?!!

:lol: soz jimbo

i did say "if we are looking at a young striker", so i did try to kinda stay on topic

ok then, as its a Rebic thread, the vid look promising. I wouldnt be against bringing him in

prefer Vydra though;)

:lol: soz jimbo

i did say "if we are looking at a young striker", so i did try to kinda stay on topic

ok then, as its a Rebic thread, the vid look promising. I wouldnt be against bringing him in

prefer Vydra though;)

It's alright, mate. Just found it funny!

He looks extremely one-footed, which would be a worry. I think he only uses his left foot thrice in the entire video, twice when he has no choice and once for a tap-in.
Also, Croatian league defending....I can see why Modric was termed a 'goal-scoring midfielder' before we bought him, up against those clowns.

Spurs have been linked with RNK Split’s 19-year-old forward Rebic with the player’s agent, Danko Dikic, stating that Tottenham would be the “ideal” move for his client.

However, Villas-Boas has quickly poured cold water on the gossip: “I have no idea who this player is, I’m sorry,” said the head coach. “I don’t know where this news has come from - not out of disrespect to the player but he’s not someone I’m looking at.”

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._rumours_about_villa_rebic_and_shaw_1_2198653

Or maybe not...

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren 1t

Laughter in the Spurs presser as AVB is asked about 19-y-o Croatian forward Ante Rebic and smiles: "I'm sorry, I have no idea who that is."

Cheers. :)

I still find it difficult to read AVB when it comes to transfers, after a season with Redknapp I think most of us had a decent idea about how he rated a player and if we were in for him based on what Redknapp said to the press.

Or maybe not...

Laughter in the Spurs presser as AVB is asked about 19-y-o Croatian forward Ante Rebic and smiles: "I'm sorry, I have no idea who that is."

From the man who said he had no interest in goalkeepers about 8 hours before Lloris arrived.

Though 'never heard of him' is possibly a bit of the harsh side.

Clear deflection tactics from AVB. He's not going to reveal his transfer plans to the world like a certain predecessor ....

Clear deflection tactics from AVB. He's not going to reveal his transfer plans to the world like a certain predecessor ....

But in contrast to his answer about Luke Shaw (who he praised - almost a 'triffic'). Mind you if he'd've said he didn't know who Shaw was some different questions might have been raised.

Or maybe not...

Hmm...I'd like to see that interview. Was he smiling when he made that comment?

Or maybe not...

I'm not quite sure what we're supposed to read into that. Was the laughter because the report about Spurs bidding for Rebic was so wildly wrong? Or was it because AVB had a glint in his eye and everyone knew perfectly well that his response was a downright lie?

Just watched the interview (full interview in the omt). Don't think it was a "we're going to sign him" type joke about Rebic. Perhaps if he's all tied up already he might say something like that, perhaps... But if we're in negotiation and other clubs might be interested too I don't think he would have said that.

Spurs have been linked with RNK Split’s 19-year-old forward Rebic with the player’s agent, Danko Dikic, stating that Tottenham would be the “ideal” move for his client.

However, Villas-Boas has quickly poured cold water on the gossip: “I have no idea who this player is, I’m sorry,” said the head coach. “I don’t know where this news has come from - not out of disrespect to the player but he’s not someone I’m looking at.”

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._rumours_about_villa_rebic_and_shaw_1_2198653

I have a theory that AVB bases his management on FM... pretty sure those quotes are lifted straight from the game!

Back