• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

What on EARTH?!!!

This is incredible. Just sheer madness.

Why would anyone say an average of 168 people every two days instead of 84 per day?

Because it is being compared to the 168 killed in the 1995 Oklahoma bombing, i.e. the death toll from greatest act domestic terrorism in US history is matched every two days.

It's highly relevant. It's the same as dealing with any other issue. You do something that reduces the problem. Then you evaluate and adjust accordingly. Eventually you have a situation that is acceptable. People will still get killed by guns no matter what, but you have to be proactive and make it less of a problem. They do fudge all.

Sometimes worse than nothing, as when they do occasionally take regulatory measures (like background checks) they introduce exemptions for gun shows and private sales.

Imagine you were exempted from speed limits and obeying traffic lights because you bought your car from a car show or a private sale.

Doesn’t mean it’s not common practice.

https://schoolleaders.thekeysupport...ty/lock-down-procedures-samples-and-guidance/

It’s not a required OFSTED policy at the moment; it is up to each school to assess their own particular set of risks and make their own decision. The school I work in has, after lots of discussion, implemented it this year in line with normal school practice in our area.

Ok, so it’s for a wider set of criteria than the specific “one of your classmates has an AR15 and is on his way to kill us all” practice that kids in the US have to do because it’s now happening on an almost weekly basis.

I still wouldn’t call it common practice if it’s not happening in a majority of UK schools regularly.

Interesting thing I learned about the NRA is that while they might not make huge direct donations to a politician, they will spend multiple millions of dollars on "independent" attack ads on the political opponents of the politicians they support. That's why the NRA have the Republicans in their pocket, despite people pointing out they don't donate that much -- they do, just not directly.

Agaian many children dead, again nothing will change.

Again, the immeadiate response is to say it’s too early to talk about gun control, it’s not the right time. By that logic, it’ll never be the right time, it’ll happen again next week, and the week after that...

Did the UK not make bans on Automatic/Semi Automatic and hand guns after two instances straight off the bat? Too soon does not come into it.

I don't like paying taxes but I have to so why should people be that upset having guns taken off them? Its ok mate, you can have my money but my gun. now you are taking the p1ss

Interesting thing I learned about the NRA is that while they might not make huge direct donations to a politician, they will spend multiple millions of dollars on "independent" attack ads on the political opponents of the politicians they support. That's why the NRA have the Republicans in their pocket, despite people pointing out they don't donate that much -- they do, just not directly.

They run a register on how each candidate feels about the second amendment and grade them for their members to base voting on.

Everything that someone is dumb enough to somehow hurt themselves (or others) on gets banned over there. Except guns. For some reason kids have this year been eating laundry detergent as a dare. They're already working to prevent that.

Everything that someone is dumb enough to somehow hurt themselves (or others) on gets banned over there. Except guns. For some reason kids have this year been eating laundry detergent as a dare. They're already working to prevent that.
Just let them at it I say.

Back