• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

This image isn't from my lake, but pretty much approximates the view we enjoy off our waterfront. It's Nirvana.

Haliburton_12342.jpg

And I swear that I don't have a gun,
No I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun

I stand by my comment. It's amazing place to live , there is nowhere quite like it . There are states with economy's bigger than Britain's. The USA is an absolutely fantastic country. I've been to over 50 country's and lived in three for long spells. Everything you could want is here, everything. The greatest nation on earth with no equal.

You are right it a great country and during my time there i made some great friends who i still keep in contact with, the differences from state to state is mind blowing and i will never tire of it.

However the leaders and generally nothing more then warmongers who are only in it for the money and the power. I love the country and a lot of the people but the saying " land of the free, home of the brave" is nothing but flimflam. ( imo)

You are right it a great country and during my time there i made some great friends who i still keep in contact with, the differences from state to state is mind blowing and i will never tire of it.

However the leaders and generally nothing more then warmongers who are only in it for the money
and the power. I love the country and a lot of the people but the saying " land of the free, home of the brave" is nothing but flimflam. ( imo)

I give you Mr. Tony Blair.

I stand by my comment. It's amazing place to live , there is nowhere quite like it . There are states with economy's bigger than Britain's. The USA is an absolutely fantastic country. I've been to over 50 country's and lived in three for long spells. Everything you could want is here, everything. The greatest nation on earth with no equal.
Greatest = size of economy?

How does that make it a great country to live in? Unless great is just a dingdong measuring euphemism and all you need is some objective number you're ahead in to get the feeling of having the larger dingdong...

Greatest = size of economy?

How does that make it a great country to live in? Unless great is just a dingdong measuring euphemism and all you need is some objective number you're ahead in to get the feeling of having the larger dingdong...

Yeah countries like Norway and Sweden seem like good ones. Except for the weather.

Question not a comment; Aren't they happy to pay such high tax because they see tangible results?
Exactly! And income tax isn't really that high either. I have very much an average income, and less deductible loans than average, and last year I paid 23,2% income tax. The comfort lies in that if I get sick, I still get paid, if I lose my job, I won't have to live on the street, if I get injured I will get treatment without having to think about insurance or worry about not affording it. I don't have to worry about money for my kids education, it's free. There is 1 year paid maternity leave shared between mom and dad, kindergarten is highly subsidized +++

Exactly! And income tax isn't really that high either. I have very much an average income, and less deductible loans than average, and last year I paid 23,2% income tax. The comfort lies in that if I get sick, I still get paid, if I lose my job, I won't have to live on the street, if I get injured I will get treatment without having to think about insurance or worry about not affording it. I don't have to worry about money for my kids education, it's free. There is 1 year paid maternity leave shared between mom and dad, kindergarten is highly subsidized +++
Commie!

I do like the sound of it.

I just like to drive nice cars, can you people by nice cars. And by you people I do not mean that in a racist way, I think the are a few whitys over there and I am also a whitie.

Communism and capitalism are both bad in their purest form.
I do like the sound of it.

I just like to drive nice cars, can you people by nice cars. And by you people I do not mean that in a racist way, I think the are a few whitys over there and I am also a whitie.

Wages in Norway reflect the high prices. The relative spending power is high. We probably have the highest concentration of Teslas anywhere in the world.

Is it not that long ago that the Scandinavian countries were in the top countries for depression, alcohol abuse and suicide rates, in the West any way.
So what, if anything has changed?
Or is this is just fact picking?

Back