• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Good...

Good luck to him I suppose. I have rather few happy memories of Andros and a lot of really frustrating one's. Can't help feeling happy that he's no longer at the club.
Yes, it shows the club recognise who to keep/jettison and are moving in the right direction

Is he still here?

Last seen in Saudi Sportswashing Machine yesterday:

12642764_10153150802921371_5672539512532770777_n.jpg

If the 55k figure is correct he will be one of their top earners apparently, along with Shelvey and Coloccini no doubt. fudging ridiculous.

We already spent it on his replacement - Njie

don't know if anyone else saw the quote

Townsend sell price = what we bought Dier, Alli & Trippier for .. Is that even possible?

Anyway good luck to Townsend, he's one of ours, he's been a good pro through the last few months which must have been tough for him.

Tear it up in the north, take some points off our rivals for us.

Always thought that our coaching staff has let Andros down immensely.

We could all see that he had the physical attributes to make it at the lane and he should have kicked on after his positive start.

The coaches should have been forcing him to shoot when he was standing at a 90 degree angle to the goal tell him to aim for row z from 30 yards at every opportunity. Im sure they would have been on target.

Just got a message through the SpursApp. Townsend to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is official.

EDIT: I wish him all the best. A Spurs lad through and through, I feel he could have become a great player for us but for a couple of issues - neither of which need to be discussed any more now that he's gone.

don't know if anyone else saw the quote

Townsend sell price = what we bought Dier, Alli & Trippier for .. Is that even possible?

Anyway good luck to Townsend, he's one of ours, he's been a good pro through the last few months which must have been tough for him.

Tear it up in the north, take some points off our rivals for us.

Seems to more or less add up... Quite possibly we're also still paying those 3 about what Saudi Sportswashing Machine are now paying Townsend... Definitely true before the new contract rush I think, though perhaps not quite at this point.

A lot of value to be had in the transfer market with a bit of patience and ability to develop players. Well done Poch & Levy.

Good luck Andros. Save your off days for games against the Spurs...

Never recovered after that hand injury for me, seemed to lose his confidence and never quite regain it.

Either way thanks for all your efforts Andros, and enjoy Saudi Sportswashing Machine...I know I did on a recent stag do....

Agree with the positive sentiments on here. He could have moved on in the summer or even last year, but he backed himself and made a real go at making a breakthrough here and becoming a first team regular under Poch.

50 Premier League appearances is an impressive return for any academy player, and he was one of the only lights in that diabolical post-Bale Sherwood team. Obviously, he wasn't quite up to the current squad that we have, but I'm sure he will go on to make a couple hundred Prem appearances, earn a brickload of money, and score some decent goals. Sounds like a pretty decent life to me.

Good luck to him, and I look forward to seeing more of Onomah, Njie, Son etc playing in his old position.

It's on the bbc site. Fantastic deal for us, fantastic.

Bizarre he couldn't learn to look up and pass/ keep shots on target.

Feel a bit sorry for him having to go and live up there in the arctic circle. He'll need a helicopter to come back down regularly

I never rated him and felt he had far to many weaknesses to ever develop into a top 6 club player. Him smashing balls high and wide from long range was far to much of a common sight.

Having said that though he was at us from the age of 8 and if reports are to believed he wanted a loan move as he still wanted to prove himself so I wish him nothing but the best. Maybe with a good run of games he can improve and show I was wrong.

I really like Andros and wish him well. No one can doubt his determination to be a success at Spurs and his love for the club. We can doubt his talent, but I sincerely hope that he tears it up (except against us) and has a successful career. In an age where footballers are constantly caught doing the wrong thing, I can only wish him the best. 16 years with us, and it's been good for the both of us. I really hope that he receives a great reception whenever he comes back to the Lane.

Well said, Gazza. Good luck, Andros, let's see what you can do playing more against teams not defending with all 11 players not more than 30 meters from their own goalie.

I really like Andros and wish him well. No one can doubt his determination to be a success at Spurs and his love for the club. We can doubt his talent, but I sincerely hope that he tears it up (except against us) and has a successful career. In an age where footballers are constantly caught doing the wrong thing, I can only wish him the best. 16 years with us, and it's been good for the both of us. I really hope that he receives a great reception whenever he comes back to the Lane.

Well said, I've never understood why Townsend seemed to become this hate figure, you may not rate him but some of the constant digs :confused:, I guess some people just need to have one(?), it's certainly not a feeling I have towards him. I like him, I think he's a good player and I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be a good fit for him, wasn't gonna work out for him here unfortunately, so all the best and we move on.

In a world of £12m Shelveys and £25m Berahinos, Townsend is worth a lot more than we got for him.

I hope we let him go cheaply as a benevolent reward for his long service.

Back