• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Android Box

Just occurred to me I could probably rig a raspberry pi up for similar purposes, could be an interesting little project...
I've done so in the past. It works pretty well, but unless you want to arse around with a mobile app remote and hardwire the network connection, etc. you end up paying as much as you would for a FireTV box when you buy the addons.

And every now and then you will get SD card corruption and have to reinstall it all.

Just occurred to me I could probably rig a raspberry pi up for similar purposes, could be an interesting little project...

I've done so in the past. It works pretty well, but unless you want to arse around with a mobile app remote and hardwire the network connection, etc. you end up paying as much as you would for a FireTV box when you buy the addons.

And every now and then you will get SD card corruption and have to reinstall it all.

My experiences match this with the Pi - add the benefits of PRIME to the fireTv and its a lot better imo.

Ah I see, cheers - Id have probably walked straight into that one otherwise!

It's got the best rivers I've seen in a while. Great quality. And very simple when you're not close to a TV or PC. Plus there's plenty other Spurs-related stuff there (it's a Spurs fan app, basically). I definitely recommend trying it.

Looked it up on google and it just sounded like a bog standard fan app - no mention of rivers etc. Might give it a go!

Just had a look at their site - most of their good Facebook reviews come from their own resellers!

If anyone uses them this weekend, please let me know
I've been using VaderStreams for a year or so. Not sure what to make of it. Usually it works fine, happy days, nothing incredible but it works fine... occasionally not so good. Last couple of months it hasn't been so good i.e. a game will freeze after about half an hour and you have to click 5 times and wait 10 seconds to reload it... OOH THE AGONY OF MY FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS but yeah, pretty good I guess.

Hard to compare really because years ago I was scrounging around for buffering blurry rubbish on laptop, then found some good sources, then they dried up... so VaderStreams was great but it's all relative... but generally it is fine for me. I'm sure you would look down on it as it is not Ultra HD with Mega Dolby Surround iMax (as you have those performance issues in terms of insecurity, being the best, having the biggest, dominatrices etc ;))

I've been using VaderStreams for a year or so. Not sure what to make of it. Usually it works fine, happy days, nothing incredible but it works fine... occasionally not so good. Last couple of months it hasn't been so good i.e. a game will freeze after about half an hour and you have to click 5 times and wait 10 seconds to reload it... OOH THE AGONY OF MY FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS but yeah, pretty good I guess.

Hard to compare really because years ago I was scrounging around for buffering blurry rubbish on laptop, then found some good sources, then they dried up... so VaderStreams was great but it's all relative... but generally it is fine for me. I'm sure you would look down on it as it is not Ultra HD with Mega Dolby Surround iMax (as you have those performance issues in terms of insecurity, being the best, having the biggest, dominatrices etc ;))
I'll have you know none of my dominatrices are big, they're just very, very strict.

i find having 2 services is the way forward, that way if one lets you down you have the other as backup. Usually, i have one on the tv in the lounge and the other on in the kitchen.

I’ve been telling sky that for over 30 years.
Still find them and BT the best picture quality and the most reliable.
It all depends on your priorities.
This is true but I actually don't watch the TV, just streamed football or Netflix really. My family hog the tv(s) anyway and so I've decided they need to get out more.
I'm thinking of their health ;)

This is true but I actually don't watch the TV, just streamed football or Netflix really. My family hog the tv(s) anyway and so I've decided they need to get out more.
I'm thinking of their health ;)

You’ll be popular!
I just watch live football and cricket and recorded drama!
The Mrs has own soap and melodrama TV room so I can watch football with a clear conscience!
My kids have long gone. Good luck. PM if you get stuck!

Back