• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

if the rumours of the negotiations with all those players are true, AVB must be having the time of his life, assembling a squad of players that he truly wants.

if the rumours of the negotiations with all those players are true, AVB must be having the time of his life, assembling a squad of players that he truly wants.

Indeed, he must be like a kid in a sweet shop!

He has put pressure on himself to deliver the goods now though, but I am sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

Indeed, he must be like a kid in a sweet shop!

He has put pressure on himself to deliver the goods now though, but I am sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

he must have impressed levy too, considering that we still have that stadium to build. and levy's taken a big gamble with avb. Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea had really good and expensive players but didn't win the title. but with 3 new managers in the top 4, i think maybe levy thinks its the best time for a big push.

Obviously with all these new faces it is another transitional period for us this season but i could see it being the same next season as we will be looking to replace the older players we keep this year.

Hope this don't come back to bite us in the ****.

Not much in this press conference to do with Europa League so far. Transfers & GB main topics...

3:30 pm
Back to AVB's presser and back to our man in Georgia, Neil McLeman...

AVB is asked: Will Tottenham be stronger than last season at the end of the transfer window - and is this now a potential title winning team?

"Yes I believe we can be stronger than the season before.

"I believe what we are doing will show this.

"I don't agree we can be title contenders for the season coming. Everything is coming and everything is happening.

"We have to create a team. We haven't had time to work with them."

3:30 pm
Back to AVB's presser and back to our man in Georgia, Neil McLeman...

AVB is asked: Will Tottenham be stronger than last season at the end of the transfer window - and is this now a potential title winning team?

"Yes I believe we can be stronger than the season before.

"I believe what we are doing will show this.

"I don't agree we can be title contenders for the season coming. Everything is coming and everything is happening.

"We have to create a team. We haven't had time to work with them."

I'm more than happy for AVB to play down this suggestion in the media, but I'd be very surprised if there isn't a small part of his mind secretly thinking "we can do it!"

I certainly hope there is.

I'm more than happy for AVB to play down this suggestion in the media, but I'd be very surprised if there isn't a small part of his mind secretly thinking "we can do it!"

I certainly hope there is.

depends on how long it takes for all the new signings to gel

but definitely next season is the one for a title challenge, no doubt about it

AVB must be delighted with the result tonight. The team are still a long way from being the finished article, but what a difference a bit of quality and players that give a F about playin makes. We should have been smashing it in the Europa league last year, but with this years squad we have an even better chance of winning it.

Will miss GB if he goes to RM but in the quality we've been able to bring in in Soldado Paulinho Capoue and even Chadli, and with more chances for Andros and Rose we actually look like a better all round team than last year. Once they gel we could be a formidable force- AVB must be loving it this year now Levy has backed him.

Davros :ross:

AVB did say that whilst his initial preference was for a fluid attacking 4-3-3 he began to respect both the physicality and counter attacking style of the Prem thus deciding to play a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I wonder how many more pieces of the puzzle are left to complete. Guessing left back and wide man

A rather complimentary Ian Holloway when talking about AVB's dealing of the Bale saga.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ian-holloway-andre-villas-boas-he-2217558

I suppose, if you are in charge of a really big club like Tottenham, you hope it’s a problem you won’t get, but it still happens. It seems to me that AVB has handled it with great calm and common sense. I thought Tottenham were class last week. They moved the ball around so well and the movement of their players was just as *bewitching.

I like their ethos. And I’ve got to say I like AVB too. I met him properly for the first time a couple of weeks ago and he’s an articulate, intelligent man, who thinks deeply about the game and understands it.

AVB looks like a broken man :(

[video=youtube;qxtKuQydsw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtKuQydsw8[/video]

There is a mix of sadness and cynicism in his recent interviews that wasn't there last season.

AVB looks like a broken man :(

[video=youtube;qxtKuQydsw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtKuQydsw8[/video]

There is a mix of sadness and cynicism in his recent interviews that wasn't there last season.

a broken man !!!

WTF weve sold Bale but signed Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela, Chicheres, Chadli, Capoue and probably Erikssen he must be suicidal hahahahah

a broken man !!!

WTF weve sold Bale but signed Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela, Chicheres, Chadli, Capoue and probably Erikssen he must be suicidal hahahahah

Yes, but it's not an issue of how many players we've signed, it's a matter of loyalty and his personal relationship with Bale. Perhaps the 'broken man' is the wrong term, I'll say bitterly disappointed.

Back